Fremantle and Ross Lyon - where to now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coaster2012

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Lakers
What's next is that this thread will get locked as it wasn't started to have an actual discussion but just as an excuse for an Eagles fan to stick the boots in.
And yet your the only one so far not to contribute to the discussion.

Lyon hadnt proven himself as a rebuilding coach when he decided to do it and so far, its failing miserably. I cant see where the improvement will come from. They need to start kicking goals at least and get away from this defensive style game that hasnt been successful in years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barry_Badrinath

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Home Finals at the MCG
Ross Lyon should go to GWS srs. He’s great at turning talented but underperforming lists into defensive powerhouses who dominate for a couple of years before collapsing into the absys and never recovering.

Might jag them a flag and Freo can actually rebuild. Lyon has never shown any ability to blood younger players or build a list.

ThirdLegUp

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ross Lyon should go to GWS srs. He’s great at turning talented but underperforming lists into defensive powerhouses who dominate for a couple of years before collapsing into the absys and never recovering.

Might jag them a flag and Freo can actually rebuild. Lyon has never shown any ability to blood younger players or build a list.
You had me until you had GWS "jagging" a flag... nope, sorry, can't have that. Failing at a flag like his previous efforts, that i could go for.

YippeeYiYeo

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
He's done a number on St Kilda leaving them in a hole and now he's leading Fremantle down a dark path. Got them over a barrel for 1 million a year until the end of 2020.

Never been an attacking coach, so when your team lets through 150 points you'd want to be scoring a few goals yourself. Blokes a train wreck.

gavaniacono

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Ross Lyon as a coach had 4 big opps to win a flag. That is more than most coaches ever get. Its the Rosswobbles. He may never get another shot.

Ross Lyon as a player was also a dark and gloomy grump in an area when clocking blokes off the ball was okay.

Ross is a dinosaur twice over.

amcre

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond

Is he though? Walked into a StKilda side that was stacked and any coach could have got to a grand final with.

Then went to Freo who were ready to go as well.

Never rated him as I think he swooped in at the right time and never got the awesome Saints list across the line.

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Lyon needs to go to a club with a winning culture.

Saints and Freo arguably the two most unsuccessful clubs in AFL/VFL history.

Geelong can put the hurt on bad teams, have a history of it. I think if the coach was anyone else he'd get the sack after that performance.

Top Bottom