Coach Fremantle: where to now after Lyon?

Remove this Banner Ad

LLoyd off to Carlton? Why on earth would a bottom struggling side recruit from another bottom struggling side? Looking at some of Freos recruits i just think..ho-hum! Wheres the pizzaz? wheres the little eye catching moves? Look at WCE;.Ryan? Rioli? theres wow factor1 Allen and Brander both mark and move like Rolls Royces.Petrucelli. got X factor. Wheres the wow factor at Freo? Cacera is real good but A. he should be for the draft No; and B. hes probably outta there as soon as possible. Brayshaw is a workhorse and should be.Kirsten,Matera,and Macarthy? what a waste of space.

Way to flaunt your own team and mock Freo's. If you are going to hammer them, don't compare to your team who will be bundled out of the finals as soon as they are required to play anybody at the G.

Please piss Ross off asap Freo. Whether Neale actually goes or not, it's not a good look down there atm.
Cringy thankyou videos at the end of a s**t season isn't going to do it....

Death grip...right..

You don’t think the pending Neale departure is significant?
This is a classic case of how in denial freo supporters are, Neal's looking at leaving, everyone knows it and if you think you know more about the Neal situation then back up your comments with something.
There's an entire thread on the Freo board with near mutual agreement that if Neale leaves it is a sign we should sack the coach at minimum. You complete nitwits.

Neale for pick 4? Seems like a backwards step for me. You use pick 4 to get a player like Neale in the first place, with a high probability that he will be worse than Neale. They already have an elite player in him, why go 5 steps backward just to take 5 steps forward again? If pick 4 ends up being the next Danger or Martin, then great, but likely you will just get another player as good as Neale anyway or even more likely that he won't be.

2012 Pick 4: Tompous (delisted already)
2013 Pick 4: Bont
2014 Pick 4: Pickett
2015 Pick 4: Oliver

I'd take Bont over Neale (just). But I wouldn't take Pickett or Tompous obviously. Oliver is the best player in the 2015 draft, I doubt Freo would pull that off.

Last edited:
Neale for pick 4? Seems like a backwards step for me. You use pick 4 to get a player like Neale in the first place, with a high probability that he will be worse than Neale. They already have an elite player in him, why go 5 steps backward just to take 5 steps forward again? If pick 4 ends up being the next Danger or Martin, then great, but likely you will just get another player as good as Neale anyway or even more likely that he won't be.

2014 Pick 4: Garlett
2015 Pick 4: Schache

I'd take Bont over Neale. But I wouldn't take Garlett or Schache over Neale.

It'd be nice if you could convince some other supporters of this, the obsession with the lucky dip of draft picks and potential talent over established talent is ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2014 Pick 4: Garlett
2015 Pick 4: Schache

I'd take Bont over Neale. But I wouldn't take Garlett or Schache over Neale.

Umm...

Looked at the wrong one.

2014: Pickett
2015: Oliver.

Would take Oliver. Not Pickett. But Oliver has become the best player in the entire 2015 draft. Not really a rational bet.

I tend to agree, pick #4 looks historically a boom or bust selection for whatever reason, with the likes of Josh Kennedy, Gaff, Bontempelli and Oliver amongst on the other hand Tambling, Toumpas and some aforementioned. I would say that you're trading out a very good 25 year-old for a potential star 18 year-old which also comes with some salary cap relief in a talented draft. I wouldn't begrudge Fremantle for exploring it.

I tend to agree, pick #4 looks historically a boom or bust selection for whatever reason, with the likes of Josh Kennedy, Gaff, Bontempelli and Oliver amongst on the other hand Tambling, Toumpas and some aforementioned. I would say that you're trading out a very good 25 year-old for a potential star 18 year-old which also comes with some salary cap relief in a talented draft. I wouldn't begrudge Fremantle for exploring it.

Ahh Tambling. Forever remembered as the guy the Tigers picked instead of Buddy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back