Coach Fremantle: where to now after Lyon?

Remove this Banner Ad

33f55b7fae0f5c7d55b88f027068a54c.jpg

Poor Belly. Seems a smart enough operator, just wants to do right by his club, now finds himself back in the mire.

Harbrow dominated from the first quarter. The land of giants forward line couldn't stop their half backs creating, and the fact the midfield played so poorly as well only played into their hands.

Lucky to not lose by 60 imo.
Lol maybe the next young key forward Fremantle trades in will be the panacea.

Lol maybe the next young key forward Fremantle trades in will be the panacea.

If they do I'm tipping they'll play him in the midfield.

What I'd love some one who still believes in Ross to explain is this.

Freo apparently have the best clearance player in the league. They have a superior midfield to GC, superior rucks, 3 high quality marking targets up forward and at least one dangerous crumber. In that situation what possible justification is there for a game plan which involves routinely flooding 15+ players in defence?!

All it guarantees is an atrocious low score, and 21 less inside 50s and 8 less scoring shots than the opposition. Even if they'd won by a goal or two it would have been an absolutely disgrace.

It's a really simple equation- if you like football you should hate Ross Lyon.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100 point win first round then already burning his membership after a narrow, albeit disappointing loss.

That's one Fairweather fan.
To be fair I don't think this is serious , we don't even see the card burn .

**** me, disgraceful. A game we should be winning by 50+ points and we lose to the absolute ******* rabble of Gold Coast. Disgusting
We dominated you from start to finish, and we lost by a point last week. How are we a *ing rabble? Bit rich, clearly you just overthought how good your club was. Disappointing post

We dominated you from start to finish, and we lost by a point last week. How are we a ruddy rabble? Bit rich, clearly you just overthought how good your club was. Disappointing post
Yeah you're right man, lot of my melt was frustration from losing a game we probably should have won. But in the end you guys were a lot better today, outplayed us 95% of the day apart from the 10 minutes we actually took over. You were more hungry today and got it done, and I have to take my hat off for that, good luck for the rest of the season mate.

Great to see Freo revert back to normal. Another inspiring Ross Lyon trainwrek with no meaningful intent to attack or win.

Well it was atrocious from both sides. Gold Coast deserved to win. Freo were a totally different team from last week.

With North, last week, it was in Perth and North had injuries, especially in the back line.

Suns were smart, yeah Gold Coast is a smaller stadium. I think they knew how Dangerous Tabs, Lobb and McCarthy was going to be after seeing highlights on the North Vs Freo game last week.

Amazing how extreme Freo is on both ends.

I remember round 2, 2017, Freo lost to Port by 89 points in Adelaide. 6 days later, they beat the dogs by 16 points.

Just a classic fremantle moment. Nostalgic times, in a way reminded me of Freo losing to Fitzroy in '96.

I'm not sure any coach can prevent Fremantle from going out of their way to lose to the shittest side in the league. Time honoured tradition.
I disagree the suns are the worst team in the League. I doubt they will get the spoon., Neither will freo.
Gold Coast did their best to blow it, yet still won it.

**** me Freo. You're a *******........word's can't describe it.
you praise us one week then s**t on us the next make up your mind.
Like I said a week ago buddy.

It's one game. I know you let get excited about 1 game, but maybe next time put a damper on the 1 win in a row.

Ross reinvented himself over summer they said.

The club on the cusp of something special the said.

Still the same old rubbish, 25 years and counting.
I agree it was only one game, not 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back