Coach Fremantle: where to now after Lyon?

Remove this Banner Ad

If any individual believes that between the Carlton board ring around on Sunday night, Bolton himself finding out himself Monday morning and the press release Monday afternoon, that SOS or anyone from the Carlton board called Ross and arranged to meet him in Lygon St. of all places one day later to discuss coaching the CFC, then you my friend, are an idiot.

I saw bits of Pies V Freo on the weekend as well as Freo v Brissy last weekend and I'm starting to like what i'm seeing from Freo. They are developing a brand of footy that stands up in big games. Solid back six, decent ruck combo and a competitive midfield. I like the flexibility they have in players like Sonny and Lobb who can play ruck/midfield a but go forward when needed. Hogan will come good at some stage, but it might be next year. There's plenty of examples of blokes who took a while to settle into their new club. Most pundits had Freo outside the 8 this year and the fact they are (so far) exceeding those expectations should mean Ross Lyon stays the course until the end of next season.

Quite a the few nay-sayers simply spout the old mantras, which only reveals that they don't actually watch games. The team is playing with a lot more flair this season compared to last and it is clear to see where the game plan is taking us. But the mantras about the "game plan" are still retold around the fires of the Neanderthals in our midst who have not evolved.

They is lemmings.

I was taught, "give credit where credit is due". Progress has been made in lots of areas, but definitely it is not extension of contract time yet, lots of water to flow under the bridge before that is considered.

His school report for this time of year would say, "working hard and showing the results, needs to keep progressing in the same vein in the second part of the year".

They is lemmings.

I was taught, "give credit where credit is due". Progress has been made in lots of areas, but definitely it is not extension of contract time yet, lots of water to flow under the bridge before that is considered.

His school report for this time of year would say, "working hard and showing the results, needs to keep progressing in the same vein in the second part of the year".
Yes, the only real reason why an extension is being discussed is because of the chaos at other clubs. End of year at the earliest, at the bye 2020 at the latest. If it hasn't happened by then, we are shopping.

Happy to hear counter arguments to any of my points if you have them.

I wouldn't lump you in with the' posse ' as I've not seen any forensic backtracking through people's posting history searching for dirt or remember you telling anyone to go support WC and we've been arguing about Ross since I first started posting on here with a brief hiatus where I was on your ignore list

I posted a thousand times on the RTB thread so I'm not all that interested in rehashing everything again on here and since I've been thread banned from that one for stirring up the ' Posse ' unnecessarily I'll refrain from getting all that going again

Some people take this place a lot more seriously than I do so I'll keep needling certain posters where I see fit and if I that ends in me getting the chop .... oh well

Viva Le Revolution

I saw bits of Pies V Freo on the weekend as well as Freo v Brissy last weekend and I'm starting to like what i'm seeing from Freo. They are developing a brand of footy that stands up in big games. Solid back six, decent ruck combo and a competitive midfield. I like the flexibility they have in players like Sonny and Lobb who can play ruck/midfield a but go forward when needed. Hogan will come good at some stage, but it might be next year. There's plenty of examples of blokes who took a while to settle into their new club. Most pundits had Freo outside the 8 this year and the fact they are (so far) exceeding those expectations should mean Ross Lyon stays the course until the end of next season.
Mutli-positional players has been a big change in our recruitment and training, and agree Walters and Lobb are examples. I would go a step further and say that they are among the best, if not the very best in the AFL as small forward/midfielder and KPF/2nd ruck.

But there is more to it than those two. Fyfe and Mundy will roll forward more when the midfield is more balanced in terms of maturity. Blakely, SHill and Conca all rotate via defence. Cerra is getting a taste of things all over the ground.

All clubs do this of course but the multi-positional skill development is something of a focus for us as a developing side that has clearly opened up the club's game-plan a bit.

The questions to ask of Freo under Ross since THE CLUB decided to overhaul the list.

How many of Freo's 2013 GF side are still playing???
How's the win loss trajectory over the last 4 seasons???
Whats the average age and games played of our squad???
Will we play finals in the immediate future???

The hate for Ross will always be strong because of the following;

Bitter Saints fans
Eagles fans whose life goals are to troll anything from Freo.
Woke weirdos who think Ross is some Harvey Weinstein but the reality is very different. She and her family are just money grabbing grubs.
Rose coloured glass wearers who think Ross is to blame because we no longer play unaccountable football like we did in the 90's.
Media types who cant handle the fact Ross doesn't respect them or bow to their unjustly inflated position in the game.

From a 20 year member's perspective he is the best coach we have ever had (not a tough field I know, Neesham sits at#2) and 2012-15 was the best time ever to be a Freo supporter.

Reality is he will be coaching Freo till at least 2020 and hopefully we are doing well enough for his contract to be extended.
If for family or contract reasons he wants to move back to Victoria I wont begrudge him, he has earned my respect.

Rant Over.

Mutli-positional players has been a big change in our recruitment and training, and agree Walters and Lobb are examples. I would go a step further and say that they are among the best, if not the very best in the AFL as small forward/midfielder and KPF/2nd ruck.

But there is more to it than those two. Fyfe and Mundy will roll forward more when the midfield is more balanced in terms of maturity. Blakely, SHill and Conca all rotate via defence. Cerra is getting a taste of things all over the ground.

All clubs do this of course but the multi-positional skill development is something of a focus for us as a developing side that has clearly opened up the club's game-plan a bit.
Even though he has been copped criticism recently, Brennan cox can play at CHF and CHB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If any individual believes that between the Carlton board ring around on Sunday night, Bolton himself finding out himself Monday morning and the press release Monday afternoon, that SOS or anyone from the Carlton board called Ross and arranged to meet him in Lygon St. of all places one day later to discuss coaching the CFC, then you my friend, are an idiot.

yeah sure, they never considered sacking him before Sunday and only thought of coaching alternatives after he got the bullet as an after thought

"um yeah shite we don't have a coach..quick someone google coaches for hire'

and you call other people idiots...lulzz

yeah sure, they never considered sacking him before Sunday and only thought of coaching alternatives after he got the bullet as an after thought

"um yeah shite we don't have a coach..quick someone google coaches for hire'

and you call other people idiots...lulzz
Exhibit A ladies and gentlemen.

I simply refuse to believe that we're done, this is now the time for this team to show they can pull through bad times, good teams know how to adapt to injuries. Darcy, Logue and Cox all have a chance to prove their worth to the team now, you wanna be best 22 when all these players are back next year? Then it's time to step the * up. I know they're capable of doing it, now they just have to show they can.

What is going on over there? Is Optus Stadium a serious problem? Seems like it.

Interesting question, where is the blame ?.

Injury surfaced playing on the MCG, train at Cockburn, regularly play at Perth Stadium. Is it a mixture of all 3 ?.

The easy option is to blame the Perth Stadium, but as Freo only play there once a fortnight (don’t think they train there), I can’t see that being the main offender.

A week is a long time in football. I've always thought Lyon was taking the group in the right direction. Some of the fanfare of beating the pies with a few decisions going there way was a bit preemptive

Interesting to see with Lobb out if Hogan plays more to his true position and plus S Darcy coming back

Interesting to see if Bennell can come back. He's looking a class ahead in the WAFL going at 50%.

Yep I could imagine you getting picked on at school

Still burns to this day doesn't it ?
I'm sorry but you're coming across as a bit of a knob in this thread. Seems like you are incapable of changing your opinion regardless of any facts or results and that you've backed yourself into a corner you're too proud to come out of. Either that or things are very personal between you and Lyon.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back