Rules Fremantle Board Rules - Start here

Oct 3, 2006
Block 345
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Glasgow Celtic, Roys FFC, NUFC,
Neither did I and neither did anyone who posted on that thread.

The poster was held responsible. Bushie was banned. No-one else was warned or penalized in that regard. Certainly I wasn't. Neither were any of the other main protagonists in the discussion.

But as the admins have now ruled, Bushie should not have been banned. The whole kerfuffle was caused by some mods getting flustered, seeing personal attacks and abuse where there were none. It's therefore time to put an end to any suggestion that Allikat was being subjected to name-calling by PM or otherwise. The accusation was made in a post written before the Admins' ruling. Not a single Admin or SuperMod has lent an iota of credence to that claim.

I'm confused here mate. I didn't see apparentlydead name call and as the mods tell it went into the wilderness of his own accord (to consult with a burning Bushie?) Therefore that point is moot. I didn't see anyone name call but I believe Allikat said she was called some horrible things. So I was basically making the general remark that if that were the case then you're on your own.

Crippa

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm confused here mate. I didn't see apparentlydead name call and as the mods tell it went into the wilderness of his own accord (to consult with a burning Bushie?).

Haha no mate. Bushie was indeed banned by the mods. The Admins threw out the ban. They found that he had not done what the mods accused him of doing. Nevertheless, Bushie has chosen not to return to this board. One would have thought that being wrongly accused by the mods with no apology may have something to do with it.

Hopefully that changes and Bushie returns, soon.

Doss scon was it Mundy's fav lunch companion, Gentleman Jeff ?
You already asked me about Clay/Jentleman Geff.

He's still around as clogged.

I sure do love a good burst of Matthew Pavlich when he's in All-Australian form.

scon

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2009
western australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Long haired Champs.
They found that he had not done what the mods accused him of doing.
So the wrongfully accused looked at our mod team and noticed that 1/2 or 3/4 of them were smearing egg and scat over each others faces,turned on his heal and left a fetid and distasteful scene?
Meanwhile the perpetrators said jackshit for days.
Then the supermods and stuff moved in like cleaners to mop it up and assuage the punters??

Delete post!!

Last edited:

Crippa

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
So the wrongfully accused looked at our mod team and noticed that 1/2 or 3/4 of them were smearing egg and scat over each others faces,turned on his heal and left a fetid and distasteful scene?
Then the supermods and stuff moved in like cleaners to mop it up and assuage the punters??

Thought you were re-writing the Book of Genesis there for a moment. Adapting the bit about Noah and the flood that goes something like this:

So God looked at the world and his heart was troubled to notice how wicked the world had become.
Then the Lord said to himself: "My spirit will not contend with them forever." For he saw how the people had corrupted their ways and refused to repent.
So God said to Noah, “I am going to bring a great flood to mop up this wickedness and corruption."
And God established his covenant with Noah. And it was agreed that Noah would enter the ark and not emerge until the world was clean and wholesome.

Mar 6, 2007
Florence
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Exers
Thought you were re-writing the Book of Genesis there for a moment. Adapting the bit about Noah and the flood that goes something like this:

So God looked at the world and his heart was troubled to notice how wicked the world had become.
Then the Lord said to himself: "My spirit will not contend with them forever." For he saw how the people had corrupted their ways and refused to repent.
So God said to Noah, “I am going to bring a great flood to mop up this wickedness and corruption."
And God established his covenant with Noah. And it was agreed that Noah would enter the ark and not emerge until the world was clean and wholesome.
Look now, one of the zombushie's prophets speaks!

Praised be, maybe he has some special messages from the great martyr himself.

In the name of the martyr, the scon and the holy dummy spit.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
So just to clarify... there was or there wasn't personal abuse levelled at one of our new mods?

I ask because of this mess and it was a mess on what is usually a great board. I know that some don't like my criticism of our lower talented players, but all in all I think any fan at subi felt the frustration from week 10 on, and perhaps that was represented here to an extent? However the banning was suspect as shown by admins coming in and reversing it. Who then did the abusing? If there wasn't abuse can we have that cleared up too or are we going to remain silent, hope it goes away and await the inevitable argument that brings it into focus again? It would be much cleaner to be clear and forthcoming with it to put it to bed, apologise if needed and everyone can move on. Conspiracy theories are much harder to sustain if info is in the open for inspection.

Having said all that, this has been amusing and I hugely appreciate the job our mods and spec mods do. I'm hoping they all stay on and help continue to develop the board. As in all things new skills and roles take a while to learn and once learned a while to hone.

Anyway.... I'll go back to hoping Mora plays consistently for freo this year and fyfe, despite his crash and bash style isnt limited in any way with his back this season or in future seasons!

Congrats to the mod that thread banned me from The Positivity Thread......I don't know who it is so I can't PM specific but I am wholly at a loss.

You don't know what I'm going through or anything like that but I posted something that I considered to be positive, yet I get thread banned because it's not "positive" enough.

I was warned wrongly and now thread banned wrongly because what's the point of posting something you consider to be positive when some person is judging arbitrarily (their standards).

Congrats to the mod that thread banned me from The Positivity Thread......I don't know who it is so I can't PM specific but I am wholly at a loss.

You don't know what I'm going through or anything like that but I posted something that I considered to be positive, yet I get thread banned because it's not "positive" enough.

I was warned wrongly and now thread banned wrongly because what's the point of posting something you consider to be positive when some person is judging arbitrarily (their standards).
I got thread banned for saying at least it will soon be Christmas.

Sensitive bunch, here.

Delete this post at your leisure, Righteo

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
Well it was me, so now you have someone to blame. If you look at the very first post, there are rules to the positivity thread:

There's too much negativity in the world today, so I thought we could do with a thread for all the little positives in our lives. Real positives. No passive aggressive positives (I'll be modding this thread hard).

What you posted was what I call a "Passive aggressive positive". Been like yay I don't have to watch football in 5 weeks is not positive. If you don't like watching football, don't watch it, but don't go in and ruin the one place that people have a sanctuary from melting.

Well it was me, so now you have someone to blame. If you look at the very first post, there are rules to the positivity thread:

What you posted was what I call a "Passive aggressive positive". Been like yay I don't have to watch football in 5 weeks is not positive. If you don't like watching football, don't watch it, but don't go in and ruin the one place that people have a sanctuary from melting.
Sorry but I've seen a lot worse in there than what I got banned for.

Tongue in cheek isn't allowed anymore?

Back