Club Focus Fremantle 2020 - Chapman, O'Driscoll, Walker, Western

AFL Club Focus

What do Freo need most from the 2020 off-season?

• Recruiting via the draft

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Recruiting via trade

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Re-signing existing talent

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Managing the salary cap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing the age profile

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There are rumours that Freo have offered him a decent contract to go home to WA. We dont want to lose him, but cant do much about it if he's keen.
It could be a 1 year, $100,000 contract and it might be the best deal he has.

But similar was said of Declan Mountford when his career at AFL was ending.

What does Fremantle need?

All lines are solid enough with key players holding the structure together.

Maybe a KPD to unleash Ryan?
My number 1 preference is a developing key forward. I reckon McDonald would have the number 1 target heading into this year but then we started playing and he dominated WAFL.

Other than that, pretty happy with where the list is at, that run and carry others have mentioned should be taken care of through the NGA this year. Williams would have been the dream but was never happening in reality

perplexed

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It could be a 1 year, $100,000 contract and it might be the best deal he has.

But similar was said of Declan Mountford when his career at AFL was ending.
He's already been promised or offered a contract by North, there are at least 15 players we'd delist first. But Freo have supposedly offered signicantly more.

He's already been promised or offered a contract by North, there are at least 15 players we'd delist first. But Freo have supposedly offered signicantly more.

Where does this info come from mate?

Also, is he the kid that had his head caved in by Tom Lynch?

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers

As Already mentioned, Alex Pearce, Joel Hamling and Griffin Logue has been injured. So we only had Duman and Cox as out only 190 cm tall defenders.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just wanna see I'm reading this correctly.

Delisted in 2018. Can't get a game at North. But Fremantle are keen and offering more money? Sorry, but that almost defies logic.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Maybe I'm just paranoid but I think a bit of a reality check this week will do us better than to be the pre-season hype bunnies getting talked up constantly as ' the big improver's

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think battering the Crows or Hawks this week would be potentially counterproductive. Beating the Dogs with finals 100% on the line (lets be honest, as inconsistent as the Dees are, the Bombers are complete toilet atm) is legit.

JLo seems level enough that he'd keep them in their place. Same with the senior players.

Nov 13, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Has Cox re-signed yet?

Re Kyron Hayden - I have watched him a bit this year and think he will be a good player provided he can stay on the park. Believe he played midfield/HF during junior days, so not sure why North are playing him in defence. Wouldn't be against picking up him for a fair price if he wanted to come to Freo

Last edited:

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle

Line breaking outside mid and a goal kicking half forward. A long term project ruck/forward would be handy too.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Line breaking outside mid and a goal kicking half forward. A long term project ruck/forward would be handy too.
Maybe you can take Jamie Elliot and Tom Phillips off our hands

Elliot - can play deep forward and kick goals, can play as centre bounce midfielder. Think Dustin Martin, but worse both as a midfielder and probably as a forward too.

Phillips - Left foot version of Ed Langdon. Fast, agile, high endurance. But can't kick for sh1t

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Maybe you can take Jamie Elliot and Tom Phillips off our hands

Elliot - can play deep forward and kick goals, can play as centre bounce midfielder. Think Dustin Martin, but worse both as a midfielder and probably as a forward too.

Phillips - Left foot version of Ed Langdon. Fast, agile, high endurance. But can't kick for sh1t
Elliot yes. Him Henry and Walters could work well together. What would Hoskin-Elliot cost at the trade table? A couple of years ago I thought he would be a gun. Connor Blakely probably available. Im not sure how much interest you would have in him. It would depend if the salary cap issues that some have talked about involving Collingwood are true.

Back