Review Fremantle d Western Bulldogs by 13 pts

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone see the dogs banner yesterday?
It read, "Dockers are a bore and they are going down like the price of iron ore"

You can only shake your head; What is this amateur hour?! They've obviously allowed their 10 year old members to write their banners it appears
Yeah it was pretty silly

What about we substitute GWS for Collingwood. GWS have a very soft draw and it fits the AFL business model to grow the game in NSW.
It is a distinct possibility and may result in only one final in Melbourne in week two which would be a lowly rated game. Kerry Stokes would not be amused.
I am not a cynic though.
I wouldn't want to be West Coast then, much easier to push then down from 2 games back.

Is there a contractual obligation to have a game in Melbourne?

Yes, hence the transfer of Brisbane's home PF, but like stated above it wasn't as bad as it would be if it was a traditional AFL state.
Let's imagine in my scenario that the two PF'S are Fremantle and Sydney.
Sydney home final fits their business model that they play finals every year, but, Fremantle on the other hand were royally shafted by the Cypriot in 2013 and forced to play a QF at Kardinya park.
Gil has stated that will never happen again. So what does he do to prevent it ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course you do realise that the AFL need a victorian team in the top four. They will require a vic team in the top two otherwise they will have no QF's in Melbourne. Such an outcome also makes it likely that both preliminary finals are played interstate. This will cause riots in the streets of Melbourne.
Cast your mind back to last year when the AFL needed another victorian team in the four; That was deemed to be Geelong.
So the fix was on to ensure Geelong finished top four which of course led to the Freo/Cats debacle at Kardinya and followed up the following week in the Cats / Carlton game.
Knowing the fix was in, Mick Malthouse's protest to the AFL was the massive margin blowout to Port Adelaide in the next game.

A cynic would suggest the AFL has started the manipulation of games already.
Under no circumstances will The AFL want two interstate teams finishing top two and another, Fifth.
Imagine the frightening prospect confronting Gillon.
1./ Fremantle
2./ Sydney
3./ Hawthorn
4./ North
5./ Port Adelaide
6./ Adelaide
7./ Collingwood
8./ West Coast

Now, if i am not mistaken, such a final eight ladder would result in no finals in Melbourne in week one of the finals series.

Let's suggest both Fremantle and Sydney win both QF's at home and susbsequently earn two preliminary finals at home.

Now, what tools does Gillon have at his disposal to prevent such a devastating scenario; First, umpires orchestarting results, Second, Match Review Panel scorching key players, Third, the rd23 floating fixture and fourth the scheduling of finals games to disadvantage particular teams.

It does not take much wild imaginings to realise that the AFL simply cannot allow this to occur and we may speculate as to when unusual results may start to happen, for whatever reason.
Can you think of any peculiar results lately ? Does the future of AFL in Queensland warrant remedial action which could also deliver the added bonus of handicapping another interstate team like say, Port Adelaide's chances of a home final in week one ?

Has there been any controversial umpiring inconsistencies resulting in free kick disparity ? Any flippant reports that may unsettle an interstate team ?

Things are looking ominous for the AFL and we the gullible fans could be forgiven for feeling like we are in some sort of psychedelic universe.

Of course there is always the possibility Leigh Fisher is plain incompetent and Brisbane are far better than Port Adelaide.

I am not a cynic though and this sporting body is a beacon of integrity, run professionally to the highest standards of moral and social values with a goal of delivering an enjoyment dividend to the shareholders of our National sport, us the fans.

May be, maybe not.
One of the most laughable posts ever surely. You sir cannot be serious and read too many conspiracy theories.

It read, "Dockers are a bore and they are going down like the price of iron ore"

You can only shake your head; What is this amateur hour?! They've obviously allowed their 10 year old members to write their banners it appears

My girlfriend went to school with the guy responsible. He is a comedian named Danny McGinlay, a Dogs member who contacted the club because he was frustrated at how poor their banners were.

I got dragged to one of his shows, it was a bit "meh".

I liked it. Topical, if untrue. But bore rhymes with ore.
The bullies have had some good ones. The one against Geelong was a cracker.

There weren't any finals in Melbourne for two weeks in 2006.

The hand wringing is quite funny and the conspiracy theories are even better. Since the Brisbane Prelim was moved to Melbourne, the agreement for at least 1 final to be played in Melbourne was reworked.

My girlfriend went to school with the guy responsible. He is a comedian named Danny McGinlay, a Dogs member who contacted the club because he was frustrated at how poor their banners were.

I got dragged to one of his shows, it was a bit "meh".

I see - didn't realise it was a weekly thing for them. Well i guess you got to hand it to him for his attempt at lightening things up.

Regarding free kicks, the Bulldogs got 14 frees in a row at one stage.
That run was broken by a free (apparently) to Neale when he took a mark on the boundary line, but was paid the free for interference.
That run of frees was the equivalent of an entire half of football with no frees to Freo. The Bulldogs then got another 2 before Neale got a push in the back free with 6:12 on the clock in the 3rd qtr. So it was effectively 16 frees in a row.

And for the record, Fisher, Dalgleish and Stevic last umpired a Freo game together vs Carlton R19 2014. They tried hard to steal that game from Freo also.

Please take a minute to digest that official statistic of 14 frees in a row ... which started with 10 minutes left in the first quarter when the score was 0-30 points in Freo's favour.

What are peoples thoughts on Clarkes game? My initial thought was that he seemed to drop a lot of marks, upon review of his stats it turns out he had 9 marks so now I feel like I am being too harsh on the guy. Considering Sandi's age I understand why he is needed in the side and to be fair he is a better forward than a lot of the ruckmen out there.

Johnson was simply awesome, another story of persistence especially considering there was a period where most supporters (myself included) were starting to question whether he would make it.

The hand wringing is quite funny and the conspiracy theories are even better. Since the Brisbane Prelim was moved to Melbourne, the agreement for at least 1 final to be played in Melbourne was reworked.

Yeah, it's 10 finals every 5 years at the G. Last 3 years there have been 5, 6, 5, 7, 8. If they had 3 straight years of the top 6 being non-Victorian (and winning all their home finals), they might start to be worried about meeting the rolling 5-year quota. But that really has a snowball's chance in hell of happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back