Autopsy Fremantle defeat Saints by 30pts

Remove this Banner Ad

We were lucky Membrey had an off night.

I was hoping once Carlisle was knocked out that we would get more joy going inside 50 since he was intercepting pretty much everything in the first quarter but for some reason we were still kicking to 2 on 1.

We will always be kicking it to 2 on 1 as long as we insist on playing extra men in defense. It really doesn't matter who the opposition defender is. This is our game plan.

We’ve beaten 4 teams below us on the ladder at Optus.

I’d wonder what our win loss would be if the fixtures were reversed.

I.e we played GWS, Port and Richmond at Optus and our 4 wins away.

I’d argue we’d have 2 wins at best.

Maybe GWS or Port at home and pinch 1 away.

I’d like to play a weak side away and see how we go.

2 wins at best? You're having a lend right? Would have beaten WB, GC, Saints and probably Essendon away (they were playing better footy when we played them than now). Reckon we would have beaten GWS and maybe Port at home, but not Richmond.

Guy on the saints board claim Fyfe took out Carlisle on purpose its gotten lots of likes o_O Also saying that these kinda incidents are common with Fyfe:rolleyes:
Some good salt over there for a nothing game. Cheers for the heads up! :D:thumbsu:

Did anyone else think Ross’s presser was a bit strange did he have a dig at Eagles drug culture in 2006 and Bomber Thompson at Geelong. Said something in the lines of we want to be a great club on and off the field and that there were a couple of questionable premiership clubs
I thought his press conference was great, showed that he really cares for the club

I thought his press conference was great, showed that he really cares for the club
Wasn’t having a crack at Ross just thought it was first time he has defended the club in that way also supported our forward line saying how young and inexperienced it was compared to the experience bodies of the Eagles forward line

We inspired a "Sack Richo" thread which surely must be one of the bigger positives to come out of yesterday's game.
MHTqR89.jpg

I thought Ross seemed like a changed man in that press conference. And yes, I think he was having a subtle crack at teams like West Coast, Geelong and maybe even Collingwood. If you think about it, most of the premiership teams from that era had some questionable connections.

FMD, I was having the exact same conversation about the defenders with a work colleague during the week. We make their defenders look good without them even trying. Quoted the exact same 3 opponents as well.

There are only a handful of times where the game plan has clicked, the most memorable being;
- Kanags at Etihad circa 2012
- Geelong at the MCG 2012, EF
- Sydney, 2013 PF at Subi
- Collingwood at Etihad season opener 2014
- Eagles a few years back where we were 50-0 up at qtr time
- Carlton game at Etihad where Ballantyne got his shirt ripped off.

Unfortunately, trying to have a rational discussion on game plan, structures etc, with any hint of criticism and you get thrown in with the Negative Nelly's.

Huh? I'm no Lyon apologist, but it's ridiculous to say that the game plan only worked when we blew teams out of the water or during our more memorable wins. We won 67 games between 2012 and 2015, but only a handful were the result of our game plan? That's completely absurd.

Yes, there were some obvious flaws which have been a strike against Lyon as coach and yes, he shouldn't be a protected species on here, but let's not whitewash history hey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite thing.

On a quick count, we had 13 players on the field last night that had played less than 50 games. The decision making and fitness will come but all of them looked at the right standard.

Loved Ballantyne putting his body on the line. Could have taken short steps but didn't.

Only criticism from Fyfe's huge game (1st half) was his no look handballs missing the target.

A lot to like about how we are building a team that will challenge in a few years.

Huh? I'm no Lyon apologist, but it's ridiculous to say that the game plan only worked when we blew teams out of the water or during our more memorable wins. We won 67 games between 2012 and 2015, but only a handful were the result of our game plan? That's completely absurd.

Yes, there were some obvious flaws which have been a strike against Lyon as coach and yes, he shouldn't be a protected species on here, but let's not whitewash history hey?
Let me elaborate.

When I said clicked I meant the offensive side of the game. In those games I listed it wasn't just a kick the ball forward, ruck, maul style of game. We actually looked like a strong offensive team, kicking it forward with purpose and with a plan. We weren't just bombing it long feeding the opposition's FB stats.

Yes other wins were good also but without the attacking flair.

Personally, if we could play like the 2012 EF against geelong, I'd be happy.

That feeling of relief when you realise the flog in question is not you
:straining: So true. My brother and I get on the sauce during the games, and do get quite passionate. At subi everyone loved it, but we have some pompous supporters in front of us at Optus. They don’t like us one bit, even though we support the same team. Got some ripping lads down from us though.

We will always be kicking it to 2 on 1 as long as we insist on playing extra men in defense. It really doesn't matter who the opposition defender is. This is our game plan.

It isn't an extra defender (that we play with), it is an extra midfielder that sits off the square at centre bounces.

I officially have the biggest flog of all time sitting behind me and it will get ugly before the season is finished.

Cameron_K meet...

:straining: So true. My brother and I get on the sauce during the games, and do get quite passionate. At subi everyone loved it, but we have some pompous supporters in front of us at Optus. They don’t like us one bit, even though we support the same team. Got some ripping lads down from us though.

Carnthedockers...

I thought Ross seemed like a changed man in that press conference. And yes, I think he was having a subtle crack at teams like West Coast, Geelong and maybe even Collingwood. If you think about it, most of the premiership teams from that era had some questionable connections.

North Melbourne in the 90s weren’t angels too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back