Review Fremantle Defeat St. Kilda 111-70

Remove this Banner Ad

s_wd6

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I agree semi-informed debate is needed but he completely ignores the concept that Clark may (probably) got his foot to it. Given the umpire was right there and waved play on 3 times, he can't categorically say it was a mistake based on a TV image.
People will use replays with the worst frame rate to "prove" it didn't hit his foot but the umpire who's two metres away with an unobstructed view of the play is wrong

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Game summary and ratings

Attachments

• 8DBE41ED-E8D1-4059-99A4-9C8D275E4B3F.png
    8DBE41ED-E8D1-4059-99A4-9C8D275E4B3F.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 147

I was led to believe that Brodie was a hard worker with good hand skills, but slow and very so so by foot.

His foot skills, on both sides of his body are very good. Has a booming kick when he really lets it go.
I think very good is generous, his kicking is passable at AFL level for a mid and that's fine because his handpassing is top 5 in the comp at least IMO and more suited to his role. It's hard to believe what we've unearthed with him. He's going to play 150+ games for us and form an elite trio with Brayshaw and Serong and we got paid to take him, it's unreal.

masai tu

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think very good is generous, his kicking is passable at AFL level for a mid and that's fine because his handpassing is top 5 in the comp at least IMO and more suited to his role. It's hard to believe what we've unearthed with him. He's going to play 150+ games for us and form an elite trio with Brayshaw and Serong and we got paid to take him, it's unreal.

Hey, on the Zac Dawson barometer, Brodie’s kicking is very good !!!.

Wray27

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
2022 stats so far for Brodie
View attachment 1444272View attachment 1444272

Stats, especially in footy I find, dont tell all the story but that says most of it. Kick efficiency is low given the type of kicks he takes and low number of kicks he takes. It's fine, he knows how to play within his limitations. Funny enough, the kid we drafted at 10 last year is effectively the exact same player, not sure where that leaves Ras to be honest but that might be a discussion for in a few years time...

Freoboy in Melbs

Team Captain
Apr 7, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
This free kick issue is a non-issue. We were lucky that Clarke wasn’t pinged and Saints were unlucky that Hill was. Double whammy. I can’t remember ever seeing a drop like that not being pinged - ever. If it scraped his foot, well blow me over with a feather. That used to be dropping the ball every day of the week. Saints were unlucky for Clark not to be pinged IMO.

Let’s just admit that to ourselves. We got the rub of the green, regardless of technicality.

However, the real villain (from Saints perspective) was Butler who couldn’t keep his mouth shut. It was Butler alone that cost them an easy goal. Had it not been for his mouth, Saints could have just considered themselves a bit stiff with a questionable free kick in the middle of the ground. But Buttler chose to mouth off and gift us a goal.

Thx Buts. Suck it, Saints.

Jan 5, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lol, never have I seen such discussion over a free kick in the 3rd quarter in a match that result in a 40+ point drubbing - as if it had any impact on the result whatsoever.

Hilarious
It just irritates me to no end. Plenty of por calls have ruined games ... that was not one of them.

TheMcManusNose

Premiership Player
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
Lol, never have I seen such discussion over a free kick in the 3rd quarter in a match that result in a 40+ point drubbing - as if it had any impact on the result whatsoever.

Hilarious

Yeah pretty funny ay

Especially as we were already up and they couldn't score to save themselves at that point bizzare scenes.

I think the saints supporters are so rabid though because of where they are. They'd sort of become resigned to the fact they'd cooked the rebuild under richo, even Ratten year 1/2 was kind of similar. This year they showed a bit of hope earlier in that it just might all click for a couple of seasons.

Now they are less than 50/50 to even make the 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah pretty funny ay

Especially as we were already up and they couldn't score to save themselves at that point bizzare scenes.

I think the saints supporters are so rabid though because of where they are. They'd sort of become resigned to the fact they'd cooked the rebuild under richo, even Ratten year 1/2 was kind of similar. This year they showed a bit of hope earlier in that it just might all click for a couple of seasons.

Now they are less than 50/50 to even make the 8.
Yeah, I dont hate Saints supporters like a lot on here, I find it hard to hate them when they've had the same fate as us for the most part - arguably worse really. I feel sympathy for my fellow football sufferers

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Yeah, I dont hate Saints supporters like a lot on here, I find it hard to hate them when they've had the same fate as us for the most part - arguably worse really. I feel sympathy for my fellow football sufferers
Yep, it's the likes of cocky West Coast, Geelong, Richmond and Hawthorn supporters I can't stand.

Jan 5, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I got passed the irritation and onto finding it hilarious because it's completely non-sensical.
Ohh dont get me wrong I'm loving the saltiness. It's lovely after hearing all about it from a few of my saints supporting mates since round 2. But it was hardly game ending until bulter went off. He handed us a goal not the htb call.

ubiquitous226

All Australian
Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I agree semi-informed debate is needed but he completely ignores the concept that Clark may (probably) got his foot to it. Given the umpire was right there and waved play on 3 times, he can't categorically say it was a mistake based on a TV image.
Yeah, just proves discussing umpiring calls is contentious and still hard with the benefit of time and a million replays.

I get as frustrated as the next person with umpiring at times, particularly at the ground where it's harder to understand, but that doesn't mean I don't think it's a hard job.
For that reason, and the absolutely floggery that goes on with kids sport, I support the crack down on umpire dissent.

Let's not overlook that the umpires are humans and having the crowd berate you into calling free kicks before the event has even happened could lead you to not only put the noise into the ignored areas but you might consciously try and not let it change your umpiring, resulting in you leaning the other direction.

But again, as soon as St Kilda faced an even contest in the middle the ball couldn't get out of their back line. We forced them into 12 turnovers there and kicked eight goals from that. They belted us in goals from the bounce and we punished them giving us back the ball forward of center.

Confucius

Senior List
Jan 7, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Factually incorrect Taylor. Framing it using emotive terms is an old trick.

She's not using emotive terms... she's using the victims actual words. When language feels emotive to me, I find it useful to reflect on why I might be triggered.

If you prefer his words to hers, it might be worth you reflecting on why you prefer the words of a man who was convicted of indecent assault; arrested for battery; pleaded guilty to assaulting Police; and who openly admits to abusing previous girlfriends... over the words of his victim.

Wray27

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
She's not using emotive terms... she's using the victims actual words. When language feels emotive to me, I find it useful to reflect on why I might be triggered.

If you prefer his words to hers, it might be worth you reflecting on why you prefer the words of a man who was convicted of indecent assault; arrested for battery; pleaded guilty to assaulting Police; and who openly admits to abusing previous girlfriends... over the words of his victim.
Bloody well said👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Wray27

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Stats, especially in footy I find, dont tell all the story but that says most of it. Kick efficiency is low given the type of kicks he takes and low number of kicks he takes. It's fine, he knows how to play within his limitations. Funny enough, the kid we drafted at 10 last year is effectively the exact same player, not sure where that leaves Ras to be honest but that might be a discussion for in a few years time...
Effective total disposal 20.7(elite) is impressive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back