Fremantle Dockers 2018/19 season watch

Cesoir

Team Captain
AFL Club
Fremantle
Need this victory vs Essendon to have a shot to sneak in finals.

Essendon will go in favourites as its in Marvel/Docklands. Yet I wont be shocked if freo win. No Disrespect to Essendon, but GWS away is a tougher away game than Essendon away on current form.

Still think freo will either make finals or miss out.

Lose this game and Freo are 4 and 5. That means 9 wins out of 13 to sneak in.
Pretty out there prediction Nostradamus ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cesoir

Team Captain
AFL Club
Fremantle
im sure you would want 8 wins and 14th spot for the 3rd season in a row then?
All good - I was just referring to your bold prediction that we will either make finals or we will miss out. Is there another alternative?

I suspect you meant to say make finals or just miss out...

Freomaniac

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
All good - I was just referring to your bold prediction that we will either make finals or we will miss out. Is there another alternative?

Yes i did.

I can see freo some how getting 12 wins. that would be just enough to get a finals spot or just miss out.

getting 10 or 11 wins would be a disappointment but its an improvement of last season.

Freomaniac

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams

4/8 and we did not get slaughtered in our losses. Combined with fact that most teams look beatable it is surely possible. But my current feeling is we will just miss out.
just thinking about it now..... once the essendon and Brisbane games are done, we will have a good assessment on were we are at.

Comparing the last few years....

2015: 9 wins and one defeat. It wasnt a bad 1st half of the season. slowly started to rot in the 2nd half then lost to the hawks in the prelim.

2016: 0 wins and 10 defeats. Still bitter about that 2016 season. Way better than the 4-18 record we did. should of got 6-8 wins that season. 73 points for, 96 against. basically, freo had a lot of 15-35 point defeats.

2017: 6 wins and 4 defeats. I wasnt even angry about losing to the crows by 100 points, 143-43 in round 10 that year. I didn't care. My biggest positive thoughts that night was we kicked more than 1.7.13 and we got more wins in 10 rounds than what we got in 2016. People said when we got those 8 wins, the close wins inflated our wins. Personally I didn't give a stuff. yeah the Bulldogs and North and Demons wins were close. but we also had narrow defeats to giants, geelong and Saints. One of my favorite artists is Gloria estefan. Favourite song? Cuts both ways. Scoring 72 points a game, conceding 98. so we were getting pumped by 60-100 points away one week then winning by 15-25 points at some the next. It was better than being 0-10.

2018: 4 wins and 6 defeats. It scarily was like our 2002 season, win at home, get belted away. All 4 wins were expected in that 1st half: Bombers, Suns "Away", dogs and saints. 70 points for, 92 against.... so freo conceded a goal less a game despite another 8 win season.

WWSD

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
Sandilands out has been a huge loss. Even though he’s well past his best his dominance in the midfield makes Fremantle a much better side overall.

Stephen Hill is also a big loss too. If they can get these two players back in the second half of the season Fremantle will make the top eight.

Freomaniac

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sandilands out has been a huge loss. Even though he’s well past his best his dominance in the midfield makes Fremantle a much better side overall.

Stephen Hill is also a big loss too. If they can get these two players back in the second half of the season Fremantle will make the top eight.
Sandilands aint coming back until after the bye. By then it might be too late for freo.

Gutted that Sean Darcy is injured. At 20/21 years old, is our eventual Sandilands replacement..

Stephen Hill has been serviceable. But in the last 18 months has been injury prone.

Top Bottom