Fremantle Dockers 2018/19 season watch

Remove this Banner Ad

personally i dont subscribe to knocking the standard of play. wins a win. take them when you can. couldn't care less if we won every game for the year by kicking no goals and 30 rushed behinds. thats before you consider the difference in ladder position and the fact many had written port down to win. its a solid win. no one can argue against it.

people can highlight injuries etc. but thats not in your control, all you can do is beat the side thats on the park. its a great win.

Freo v Collingwood R23 is going to be an interesting game.

Freo probably not much to play for but you could imagine Ross would like to end the season with a bang and Fyfe will be back.

you never know. freo are the type of side that could very well knock over some sides to push for finals.

Freo v Collingwood R23 is going to be an interesting game.

Freo probably not much to play for but you could imagine Ross would like to end the season with a bang and Fyfe will be back.
It could of been easy to just Lay down to Port Adelaide on the weekend and put the cue in the Rack for the 2018 season.

Then I look at Freos Remaining games.

Round 18: Essendon in Docklands.
Round 19: Hawks in Perth
Round 20: Derby
Round 21: Carlton at home
Round 22: Cats in Geelong
round 23: Colllingwood in Perth

That win vs Port at home was satisfying. It was similar to Freos win vs the dogs in round 3 last year: Played 2 horrible games, we looked like we had a slim chance even though it was a home but we grinded out a narrow win with a young team which resulted in a massive surge of confidence.

Prior to the port game, I only saw freo winning vs Carlton in round 21. Now I think we are a chance against all teams but geelong.

That's the great thing about footy and a strong win. Replenishes hope.
It could of been easy to just Lay down to Port Adelaide on the weekend and put the cue in the Rack for the 2018 season.

Then I look at Freos Remaining games.

Round 18: Essendon in Docklands.
Round 19: Hawks in Perth
Round 20: Derby
Round 21: Carlton at home
Round 22: Cats in Geelong
round 23: Colllingwood in Perth

That win vs Port at home was satisfying. It was similar to Freos win vs the dogs in round 3 last year: Played 2 horrible games, we looked like we had a slim chance even though it was a home but we grinded out a narrow win with a young team which resulted in a massive surge of confidence.

Prior to the port game, I only saw freo winning vs Carlton in round 21. Now I think we are a chance against all teams but geelong.

loving the fight of the Dockers. They're playing admirably today staying in the hunt on the back of a good win last week.

Well played Dockers.

Yeah got destroyed but the Hawks still have the ability to do that with the quality players they possess. They were fighting for their finals lives where as the Dockers were missing a few and also have that ability to get poleaxed at times.

It happens.

Yeah got destroyed but the Hawks still have the ability to do that with the quality players they possess. They were fighting for their finals lives where as the Dockers were missing a few and also have that ability to get poleaxed at times.

It happens.
The difference in quality and discipline was there. Hawks are a top8 side. Freo are a bottom 6 side. Freos players regularly had turnovers in the midfield, Hawks not so much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dirty day for the dockers. Disappointing actually they got the win against Port then really faded bad after that.

Finishing the season pretty meekly.

Might as well go out in style and end with a bang if your in the dregs of the ladder. Just drop the anchor, snatch a cheeky draft pick and focus on the drafting, recruitment and formulation of their actual "rebuilt" list. Reload for next year.

Last edited:
Dirty day for the dockers. Disappointing actually they got the win against Port then really faded bad after that.

Finishing the season pretty meekly.
Bit stupid to bring up the thread. a gallant loss to the magpies at home.

Not that I am fussed. 8 wins, 14 defeats and 14th spot.

Played 15 new guys in 2 years. 7 in 2017, 8 in 2018.

now for the trade and draft period(s) to arrive and see what freo would do. Might trade one of either a 2019 2nd rounder or 2019 3rd rounder. Freo at a minimum will Elevate 2-3 rookies in to the seniors and get 2-3 teenagers in the draft.

Interesting recruitment from Freo and I must say I'm excited to see what 2019 delivers. Now is the time for the Dockers to take the next step. There's no excuses for Ross now. He can't afford another 8-14 season

I will say Neale is a big loss and hurts their midfield a lot, no one that's came in can fill his presence. If Lobb and Hogan fulfil their potential then the Dockers can achieve good things. Must stay healthy obviously which has proven to be an issue for them.

10 wins absolute minimum in 2019 is a pass mark. If Lyon get's that then he will get another crack at the gig for 2020. But holy * he's cutting a fine line.

10 wins absolute minimum in 2019 is a pass mark. If Lyon get's that then he will get another crack at the gig for 2020. But holy **** he's cutting a fine line.

This.

We either make finals or just miss out by a spot or two. Ross won't survive another bottom 6 finish or another massacre.

Our likely best 22 won't be anyway near as young and inexperienced as last year and our likely depth will all have had a preseason or two now with at least 10-15+ games under there belt. Big difference to last year when we played alot of first year zero game players.

I'm still backing Ross to get us back up the top to challenge but I'm happy that he's under pressure.

Neale is a big loss, but our list is better balanced then it has been in a long time. Hoping Blakely can deliver what we all believe he can.

As his buddy for 2019 I'm hoping big Tabs can play an A grade game against a team other than the Bombers.

No excuses in my book. Excited about 2019.

Looking forward again to seeing how they go. I like the look of their draw and with some new recruits think they can make improvements.

Will get 10 wins at least, be in the finals hunt at least for a while { how long who knows } and could possibly make the 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back