Fremantle Dockers 2018/19 season watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess those views are provisional until we find out where the Eagles are at in 2018. If WC are really as abject as they seemed yesterday, then there is no basis for believing Freo have made any significant improvement.

R1 is only 2 weeks away and will start providing answers.

Passed the Eagles. WC will be in serious trouble this year

This is why you don't extrapolate from one pre-season game.

You’ve no midfield and are overly reliant on your a grade players. Lose Shuey or Kennedy and you’ll be up a creek without a paddle. I live in WA and follow the WAFL closely, last year your reserves didn’t even make finals in a competition whose quality is questionable even by state league standards. To replace two Brownlow medallist’s that retires you need some youngsters to come along and while Ah Chee May turn into a good foot soldier he’s been a bit part player at another club for all of his career. Sure you’ll cop some wins with home advantage but I’d be highly surprised if WC finish higher than 11th.

Let me set the scene. Shuey missed 5 games and Kennedy missed 11. You c***s know what happened.

how did your team go in 2018 after losing a fair few players? :)

wouldnt matter who we have on our list, with the current administration. best summed up as "if we build it they will come" with no regard to actually driving a high performance standard. just a bunch of spin. "we are amazing because we say we are".

i can't wait until richo is sacked and his mate "PC Bro" Finnis is walked with him.

''There's not one bloke that's trying to run the show and be the man in there ''

Lachie Neale said after being Best On Ground in the Lions win over Hawthorn yesterday. Taking a swipe at Ross Lyon and ex-team mates from Freo. I heard Fyfe is a bit of a rigid campaigner.

FreoManiac, please explain.

''There's not one bloke that's trying to run the show and be the man in there ''

Lachie Neale said after being Best On Ground in the Lions win over Hawthorn yesterday. Taking a swipe at Ross Lyon and ex-team mates from Freo. I heard Fyfe is a bit of a rigid campaigner.

What are you claiming Lachie Neale said?

The Lions haven't had one bloke in there trying to run the show and be the man .... till now ... is pretty much what he was getting at I think haha

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fyfe and Neale actively still hung out in the off-season. Really good friends, Absolutely doubt Neale was taking a shot at Freo, He left for money rather then being tired or unhappy of the place

well I saw the comment on Facebook. at least he didn't call Fyfe a virgin dog

On the season for you guys, Who shapes up as being Neale's replacement. Had he stayed I would have been far more confident of you guys finishing anywhere from 6th to 8th. I don't think so now.

What do you forecast with season 2019 fast approaching? Personally I have the Dockers getting at least 10 wins. Maybe spot on that. Could sneak 13 best case scenario, although around the 10 mark probably likely for me at this stage.

No doubt Blakely was our best bet for a direct one-player replacement, with other players freeing him up from the back line. And he's not out for the whole season so could still have an impact even by mid season.

How much will Brayshaw, Cerra and Banfield improve this season or will it be a case of second year blues? The other names that haven't played for Freo yet but could end up in the midfield are Bewley, Valente and North. Still with Freo's improved options at either end of the ground their midfield could easily go from one of their stronger to their weakest area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt Blakely was our best bet for a direct one-player replacement, with other players freeing him up from the back line. And he's not out for the whole season so could still have an impact even by mid season.

How much will Brayshaw, Cerra and Banfield improve this season or will it be a case of second year blues? The other names that haven't played for Freo yet but could end up in the midfield are Bewley, Valente and North. Still with Freo's improved options at either end of the ground their midfield could easily go from one of their stronger to their weakest area.
Nice. Good call.

Wilson is alright actually I forgot about him. I'm a big fan of Brad Hill, provides good pace and offers a spark.

Forward line is dangerous if the new recruits stay healthy. Free's up Walters more too, or at least takes the pressure off him.

Round 1 game looks juicy.

On the season for you guys, Who shapes up as being Neale's replacement. Had he stayed I would have been far more confident of you guys finishing anywhere from 6th to 8th. I don't think so now.

What do you forecast with season 2019 fast approaching? Personally I have the Dockers getting at least 10 wins. Maybe spot on that. Could sneak 13 best case scenario, although around the 10 mark probably likely for me at this stage.

Andrew Brayshaw or Connor Blakely is who will take Neale's spot.

They showed signs at home last season, now they have to do it on the road. If they can do that then I can't see why they can't make finals.

I can....

because they have Richmond, Collingwood, Geelong, GWS, West Coast, Melbourne, Port, Hawthorn, Brisbane and Adelaide in the way.

Back 6 is solid, good perhaps but not yet elite. Hamling, Pearce, Ryan and Wilson are a good core.

If Fyfe and Mundy can stay healthy, midfield will be competitive although this is the weakest area.

Lobb helps the structures immensely in the forward line. Allows McCarthy to be the 3rd forward he is meant to be. Takes the pressure off Taberner so he isn't one out. I like that there isn't an easy player to drop for Hogan to come back in.

Being realistic though, you take the wins that are there, there are better teams out there and there will be defeats.

Doesnt change my opinion, end of season will finish 8th to 12th.

I thought Freo played excellent attacking footy yesterday but people need some Round 1 perspective seriously.

They play Gold Coast away & St Kilda at home in their next 2 games, so if they play like they did yesterday they should easily be 3-0. After that however the real truth will come out.

West Coast (away game)
GWS (away)
Bulldogs
Adelaide (away)
Richmond

Let's be honest, North Melbourne were terrible yesterday right from the start. For a Round 1 game to put up no pressure or even care on the ball carriers and then have a backline getting pushed off by their opponents and letting the forwards run off so easily it would have to be one of North's worst performances in a long time.

However for Freo who struggled to win many games last year it must feel great to start a season so well and good on them too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back