Fremantle Dockers 2018/19 season watch

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Sloppy effort vs the dogs. Nearly lost it too. Matera with 5 goals was the difference. Surprised that McCathy, Tabs and Hogan had a down game after the last month.
Indeed but you got the win and the four points are all that matter. The Doggies played a good brand and pushed the Pies to the brink too. This week is a good test away at Adelaide and I think whoever wins will set their season up very nicely. If Adelaide gets up they'll have good momentum winning their last three and will build after last weeks strong showing vs St. Kilda. If you guys win, well you're already flying. A big test away in Adelaide will further bolster the Dockers belief and confidence. Adelaide has more to lose however playing at home and a 3-4 start isn't ideal, though not a lost cause ( obviously )

You guys are already 4-2, 4-3 isn't bad at all and being away aren't expected to win.

If you go 5-2...........

freo1

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
We have a recent history of playing very bad in Adelaide and getting spanked so this weekend will give us a better indication of where we're at. 3 tough games coming up so lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
poor first half from both teams. But not poor teams. Freo are looking like a solid outfit this season. If they show this kind of toughness 6 and a half games in they'll be top 4 for sure

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Umps were terrible.

Freo brilliant. Not in skill execution, but in the manner in which they stood up.

Freo Finals Bound.
I looked this up the footy record. Every time a ross lyon side has gone 4-2 after 6 rounds, not only makes finals but Wins a final too. Next week is Richmond in perth, then Essendon in Dockands then Brisbane in Perth. All 3 are winnable.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I looked this up the footy record. Every time a ross lyon side has gone 4-2 after 6 rounds, not only makes finals but Wins a final too. Next week is Richmond in perth, then Essendon in Dockands then Brisbane in Perth. All 3 are winnable.
How Richmond start favourites in Perth is beyond me. As the days progress I believe that will change.

Should beat the Tige's and Lions but I feel a loss to the Dons will occur.

class78

All Australian
Jun 19, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
lol why would freo be proud of that game? scored like 30 points against a mediocre team that lost to bottom 4 teams in north and hawthorn. the crows are extremely flakey. it's not like you pushed geelong at kardinia

lol why would freo be proud of that game? scored like 30 points against a mediocre team that lost to bottom 4 teams in north and hawthorn. the crows are extremely flakey. it's not like you pushed geelong at kardinia

Your just writing a story to suit your argument.

Two absolute brainfades - Tucker 50m and Hogan turnover combined with 5 minutes of absolutely disgusting umpiring cost us dearly yesterday. We are doing plenty of things well at the moment.

longsuffreosupp

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2002
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle

I think Ross didn't want to go for the shootout because he thought the Crows had at least a better midfield, and in the end the Crows defence pretty much played Ross Lyon defending, and we didn't capitalise much going forward, and a couple of brain fades and umpiring decisions.

This week the Richmond defence looks suss, so maybe the shootout will be on the cards..

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Why do we need a thread for a running commentary on a teams performance????

Not at all surprised who did, but it's tiresome.

Last edited:
Why do we need a thread for a running commentary on a teams performance????

Not at all surprised who did, bit it's tiresome.

It only tiresome if you come into the thread every week.

Simple solution is to "unwatch" and it no longer becomes an issue for you.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Well 1st off, we only lost by 3 goals in your turf.

Freo beat North by 82 points in round 1. No disrespect to North, they are a bottom 6 side. Hawks are not a bottom 4 side, far from it.

Freo were far from a full strength side.
We are no chance
I have herd that before. You beat Port without cotchin, martin, rance, riewoldt and houli.

noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2002
allyourbasearebelongtous
AFL Club
West Coast
It only tiresome if you come into the thread every week.

1557146579343.png

class78

All Australian
Jun 19, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Your just writing a story to suit your argument.

Two absolute brainfades - Tucker 50m and Hogan turnover combined with 5 minutes of absolutely disgusting umpiring cost us dearly yesterday. We are doing plenty of things well at the moment.

on the same token, i could also pick out every mistake the crows made and act as if they didn't happen, we could've won by 50 points.
Well 1st off, we only lost by 3 goals in your turf.

Freo beat North by 82 points in round 1. No disrespect to North, they are a bottom 6 side. Hawks are not a bottom 4 side, far from it.

Freo were far from a full strength side.

I have herd that before. You beat Port without cotchin, martin, rance, riewoldt and houli.

I meant crows lost to those teams. Adelaide oval is far from a fortress

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
How Richmond start favourites in Perth is beyond me. As the days progress I believe that will change.

Should beat the Tige's and Lions but I feel a loss to the Dons will occur.
On sunday night

Richmond $1.85
Freo $1.95

I just saw the UBET odds again

Freo $1.70
Richmond $2.15

UBET is usually accurate. UBET knows tigers have key blokes out. They also Know Freo are better at home than away. Plus they Know freo have the forward line to do the damage

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
on the same token, i could also pick out every mistake the crows made and act as if they didn't happen, we could've won by 50 points.

I meant crows lost to those teams. Adelaide oval is far from a fortress
Freo playing in Perth Stadium is far from a fortress in the last 2 years either. That's because freo were In the bottom 6 and rebuilding.

Season is far from dead, I expect freo and crows to make the finals.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
On sunday night

Richmond $1.85
Freo $1.95

I just saw the UBET odds again

Freo $1.70
Richmond $2.15

UBET is usually accurate. UBET knows tigers have key blokes out. They also Know Freo are better at home than away. Plus they Know freo have the forward line to do the damage
yep. I saw yesterday when I posted Tigers were $1.75 Dockers $2.10. Just had a look now and the odds are almost reversed the same prices. Dockers $1.75 Tigers $2.08. Then I knew your quote would be about this:)

Deserve to be those odds, Freo should be $1.50 imo

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
disappointing Freomaniac. I thought you guys were ready to take the next step. You still could, but that loss puts you right back at 4-4 after being 4-2. The Crows were there for the taking but the umps were s**t at a critical stage. Nonetheless poor skill errors cost you as usual. Things could swing again with a win this weekend but I favour the Bombers in this one who have also been struggling losing their last 3, but two were by under a kick ( and both controversial )

What do you reckon mate? This week and for the rest of the season.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Still reckon we're a good chance with finals. That Richmond loss was disgraceful and there's no excuse for that, but like I've said before, it's pointless to worry about the past. If you lose, you don't cry about it, you pick yourself the * up, dust yourself off and move on to next week.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
disappointing Freomaniac. I thought you guys were ready to take the next step. You still could, but that loss puts you right back at 4-4 after being 4-2. The Crows were there for the taking but the umps were **** at a critical stage. Nonetheless poor skill errors cost you as usual. Things could swing again with a win this weekend but I favour the Bombers in this one who have also been struggling losing their last 3, but two were by under a kick ( and both controversial )

What do you reckon mate? This week and for the rest of the season.
Need this victory vs Essendon to have a shot to sneak in finals.

Essendon will go in favourites as its in Marvel/Docklands. Yet I wont be shocked if freo win. No Disrespect to Essendon, but GWS away is a tougher away game than Essendon away on current form.

Still think freo will either make finals or miss out.

Lose this game and Freo are 4 and 5. That means 9 wins out of 13 to sneak in.

Back