Strategy Fremantle Dockers Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Earlier this year according to another poster he was trying to transfer from East Perth (WCE NGA) to Claremont. The transfer going through is one thing but I can't imagine West Coast would want to relinquish his NGA status with them in order to join ours.

Father/son article on AFL site: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-09/fathers-and-sons-whos-on-the-radar

Notes:
  • Why aren't we making more of a play (or any play) for Maurice Rioli Jr?
  • Anyone seen much of Lachlan McManus or Chayce Black?
  • Melbourne's bit included Kobe Farmer, who Melbourne are looking at (again why aren't we into him?) & Jeff White's kid (the gift that keeps on giving);
  • And yes, we know that Stephen O'Reilly fell 2 games short of 100, thank you very much.

Father/son article on AFL site: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-09/fathers-and-sons-whos-on-the-radar

Notes:
  • Melbourne's bit included Kobe Farmer, who Melbourne are looking at (again why aren't we into him?) & Jeff White's kid (the gift that keeps on giving);
  • And yes, we know that Stephen O'Reilly fell 2 games short of 100, thank you very much.
My cousin was friends with Lachlan for a few years (families lived next to each other), really nice kid but wont be playing AFL I wouldn't have thought.

We can be as "into" Maurice as we won't but you have to be realistic on that one given where his family is.

I have no idea on the rest

Notes:

• Why aren't we making more of a play (or any play) for Maurice Rioli Jr? Weren't there reports in The West semi-recently that we were?
  • Melbourne's bit included Kobe Farmer, who Melbourne are looking at (again why aren't we into him?) & Jeff White's kid (the gift that keeps on giving); Does Jeff Farmer and his family reside in WA or Vic? How many games did The Wiz play for us?

• Why aren't we making more of a play (or any play) for Maurice Rioli Jr? Weren't there reports in The West semi-recently that we were?
  • Melbourne's bit included Kobe Farmer, who Melbourne are looking at (again why aren't we into him?) & Jeff White's kid (the gift that keeps on giving); Does Jeff Farmer and his family reside in WA or Vic? How many games did The Wiz play for us?

Jeff Farmer played 131 games for Freo

• Does Jeff Farmer and his family reside in WA or Vic? How many games did The Wiz play for us?
Article says the son is playing in Mandurah

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bKAya7F.png

Jeff pls.

Callum Twomey doesn't rate Carter and said he"wouldn't cost Freo too much at this stage". Mid to late in the draft apparently.

He also got asked about Medhat and said something like:
If he enters the rookie draft we can preselect him IF HE IS GOOD ENOUGH TO GET THAT FAR.

That is disappointing. At least they shouldn't cost us much/anything.

Callum Twomey doesn't rate Carter and said he"wouldn't cost Freo too much at this stage". Mid to late in the draft apparently.

If he enters the rookie draft we can preselect him IF HE IS GOOD ENOUGH TO GET THAT FAR.

Lol, nothing ever works out for us does it?

The best case scenario is that we pay nothing for them and they play like stars.
I am still bullish about Carter, if only because he has massive wheels and takes the game on. If he gets bid on after pick 55 or whenever he becomes free that is awesome and also reduces our needs for picks this year.

Medhat was always a long shot given nobody ever talks about him. I don't mind us picking him up as a rookie even if he is borderline.

I am still bullish about Carter, if only because he has massive wheels and takes the game on. If he gets bid on after pick 55 or whenever he becomes free that is awesome and also reduces our needs for picks this year.

Medhat was always a long shot given nobody ever talks about him. I don't mind us picking him up as a rookie even if he is borderline.
190cm+ midfielders don't grow on trees, so it would handy to add another for nothing.

I also wouldn't concern myself too much with what Callum Twoomey says either.

I would be surprised if Twoomey even knew who Medhat was.
He was in some ripping form before, i think, he got injured.
His form last year wasn't much to write home about and so he'd have next to no one rating him over east.
His size is something we are now lacking and with our current draft hand I'd be surprised if we didn't take him, especially if he made it to the rookie draft.

I also wouldn't concern myself too much with what Callum Twoomey says either.
IMO, he goes alright. I don't think he is particularly biased and he does his homework. Rate him MUCH higher than say, Knightmare.

If he thinks Carter is a mid to late pick I'd say he is probably in the ball park. Likewise his assessment on Medhat. It's not all bad. Means Carter could well be free or close to it.

IMO, he goes alright. I don't think he is particularly biased and he does his homework. Rate him MUCH higher than say, Knightmare.

If he thinks Carter is a mid to late pick I'd say he is probably in the ball park. Likewise his assessment on Medhat. It's not all bad. Means Carter could well be free or close to it.

I'd much rather him be a top 15 talent and have to pay say a 2nd rounder for him then him being a 4th rounder and get him for free.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back