Strategy Fremantle Dockers Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

It is common knowledge that coaches of elite junior sides play players in a few different positions to showcase/develop their versatility to increase their likelihood of being drafted.

It is common knowledge that coaches of elite junior sides play players in a few different positions to showcase/develop their versatility to increase their likelihood of being drafted.
Yes. In this case, of course the "likelihood" is already high!

I wonder how effective this kind of pre-drafting working is in terms getting young players AFL prepared? I'm sure it would be being measured. To be able to debut Henry, Carter and Sturt in the next 12 months would be very exciting. Three highly skilled fast running players. Exactly what the Freo Doctor ordered.

I hope Henry is a top 5 pick. Don't care it we don't get him for an absolute steal. If he goes 3rd/4th round it'll be because he didn't come on as expected, clubs aren't hiding players these days.

Skillful, fast and great goal sense. Yes please.

If he was a top pick it would allow us to trade our first rounder and use late picks to match the bid. We could double dip like North did this last draft.

Western, a small forward and midfield prospect, sizzled in a time of 2.73sec in the 20m sprint, a mark that would have eclipsed former Gold Coast player Joel Wilkinson's all-time Combine record (2.75sec).

Western is well-regarded for his electrifying pace and is linked to Fremantle as a Next Generation Academy prospect, as a bottom-aged player.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-20/athletic-ruckmen-abound-in-2019-draft-crop

I hope the club are also very interested in Jackson. To have talls with pace could be a very powerful advantage, and would add to the likes of Logue and Pearce in that regard.

I hope Henry is a top 5 pick. Don't care it we don't get him for an absolute steal. If he goes 3rd/4th round it'll be because he didn't come on as expected, clubs aren't hiding players these days.

Skillful, fast and great goal sense. Yes please.

If he was a top pick it would allow us to trade our first rounder and use late picks to match the bid. We could double dip like North did this last draft.
Assuming we are picking in the top 10 and likely top 5, I highly doubt that a NextGen prospect will get bid on before our pick. Very unlikely WC will be in a position to bid ahead of us, and an interstate club would need to be super confident that they wanted him really badly to tempt fate with an early bid.

But if the club used that first rounder in a trade for Martin, I'd take it.

Assuming we are picking in the top 10 and likely top 5, I highly doubt that a NextGen prospect will get bid on before our pick. Very unlikely WC will be in a position to bid ahead of us, and an interstate club would need to be super confident that they wanted him really badly to tempt fate with an early bid.

But if the club used that first rounder in a trade for Martin, I'd take it.

Henry is extra special, no way the club should give him up.

Henry is extra special, no way the club should give him up.
How'd you get the idea that I think we would give up Henry from what I wrote salim?

This time last year posters were full of how high Carter was going to go and that he would cost us a first round pick. Clearly it didn't pan out that he was valued at that, but other clubs will be extremely reluctant to bid high on a NextGen player, and especially an indigenous kid from interstate.

Sometimes AFL clubs specifically request to see kids played in a certain position too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope the club are also very interested in Jackson. To have talls with pace could be a very powerful advantage, and would add to the likes of Logue and Pearce in that regard.

Want Jeremy Sharp and Henry.
We have enough talls for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want Jeremy Sharp and Henry.
We have enough talls for now
Agree getting those two would be awesome, and looking realistic too. Beginning next season I think the club is likely to be adding Carter, Henry and Sturt into the mix, so we have some midfielders in the pipeline, but mre quality is always a good investment.

I think a highly mobile second ruck can be a real asset, and would be good to have in development. I think that realistically one of Jones or Meek could be on the list as a "break in case of emergency" first ruck replacement. And Lobb is clearly our second ruck/forward, but someone with a bit more athletic prowess and speed has a heap of appeal for me.

Agree getting those two would be awesome, and looking realistic too. Beginning next season I think the club is likely to be adding Carter, Henry and Sturt into the mix, so we have some midfielders in the pipeline, but mre quality is always a good investment.

I think a highly mobile second ruck can be a real asset, and would be good to have in development. I think that realistically one of Jones or Meek could be on the list as a "break in case of emergency" first ruck replacement. And Lobb is clearly our second ruck/forward, but someone with a bit more athletic prowess and speed has a heap of appeal for me.

Don’t rate Darcy?

You’re literally talking about adding a back up ruckman with a top ten pick otherwise.

Don’t rate Darcy?

You’re literally talking about adding a back up ruckman with a top ten pick otherwise.
How do you get that I don't rate Darcy? From next year, and for most of this, he will be our #1 ruck???

I see Jackson more developing like a Taberner replacement, with a far better ability to play in other position, including second ruck (which ends up being about 10-15 minutes of game time).

Just live trade (hide it like Sydney did) our top pick if Henry is coming in before it.

Or trade our first for Tim Kelly plus Geelong’s first. Bring in Cogs via free agency. Use Geelongs first to bring Bobby Hill home.

In: Cogs, T.Kelly, B.Hill, Henry
Out: Pick 5(ish)

Midfield and small forwards fixed. Ready for Ross’ promised flag in 2020.

Or just Cogs, Henry and a top 10 pick would be fine also.

Just live trade (hide it like Sydney did) our top pick if Henry is coming in before it.

Or trade our first for Tim Kelly plus Geelong’s first. Bring in Cogs via free agency. Use Geelongs first to bring Bobby Hill home.

In: Cogs, T.Kelly, B.Hill, Henry
Out: Pick 5(ish)

Midfield and small forwards fixed. Ready for Ross’ promised flag in 2020.

Or just Cogs, Henry and a top 10 pick would be fine also.
Thanks Belly. Now get to work on the S and C team.

How'd you get the idea that I think we would give up Henry from what I wrote salim?

This time last year posters were full of how high Carter was going to go and that he would cost us a first round pick. Clearly it didn't pan out that he was valued at that, but other clubs will be extremely reluctant to bid high on a NextGen player, and especially an indigenous kid from interstate.

Maybe I misunderstood the part of your post that said if the club used the first round pick for Martin I d take it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back