Strategy Fremantle Dockers Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Did that rule come into place? I thought it was somewhat of a hypothetical
Last I heard it was pretty much expected to go ahead. Just a case of how the zones are going to be divied up. You would expect South Freo to be a part of our zone. Not a certainty to go ahead but more than hypothetical.

Read this article on the Afl draft central site
Sounds exciting

Noticed In the statement regarding the vfl-neafl merger that the AFL will be implementing the NGA's with support from the clubs. Anyone have any idea what that means or if it applies to us?

Noticed In the statement regarding the vfl-neafl merger that the AFL will be implementing the NGA's with support from the clubs. Anyone have any idea what that means or if it applies to us?

AFL want to make any player picked in the first two rounds can’t be matched for NGA. So NGA players would only be pickable from round 3 on
Clubs want all players currently in the system exempt.

Definitely won’t affect this year. We might get two more years at best.

Can anyone tell me whether the first round is considered the first 18 picks, or 19 in the case of a compensation pick. Or does it blow out with the NGA selections.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone tell me whether the first round is considered the first 18 picks, or 19 in the case of a compensation pick. Or does it blow out with the NGA selections.
First round ends after all end of round 1 compensation picks are done.

With GC's pick 11 they got from the AFL last year (now given to Geelong), 4-5 possible top 20 NGAs and pending Brad Crouch compo, the first round could finish at like pick 23 this year

First round ends after all end of round 1 compensation picks are done.

With GC's pick 11 they got from the AFL last year (now given to Geelong), 4-5 possible top 20 NGAs and pending Brad Crouch compo, the first round could finish at like pick 23 this year

that suckS. We are very likely to get a Walker bid before the end of the first round. Which, as things currently stand, eat our first rounder next year.

I’m starting to wonder whether trading away a future first would be of benefit.

that suckS. We are very likely to get a Walker bid before the end of the first round. Which, as things currently stand, eat our first rounder next year.

I dont think trading a future 1st for Walker/Western points or to hide the deficiency is a good idea.

Much easier to trade the future 2nd for some points this year if that was the aim.

With Melbourne now not making the 8, their 2nd and out future 2nd should be more than enough points to match any Walker and Wetern

Neither NGA is featuring in the top 25 of Twomey's form guide which is a decent indicator. Even if the bid is first round we can trade in points as Snuffaluphagus says. Nothing to worry about.

Legend, do you know if I can easily watch a replay of the EF game anywhere, or is it all through paying for The West
Just through The West unfortunately, might wanna start getting on it as they should be getting even more content out in the future. Looking likely to be the only way to watch the WA All-Star games aswell.

Just through The West unfortunately, might wanna start getting on it as they should be getting even more content out in the future. Looking likely to be the only way to watch the WA All-Star games aswell.
Are you doing a sneaky, cancel the day after the game and re-sub for the next and does it work, you can give me a wink for yes =)

Are you doing a sneaky, cancel the day after the game and re-sub for the next and does it work, you can give me a wink for yes =)
Nah it doesn’t work like that unfortunately haha, I’ve had some chats with Jordan McArdle and he seems like a great fella so I see it more as a way to support him as he seems to be a driving force for getting more WA content out.

Nah it doesn’t work like that unfortunately haha, I’ve had some chats with Jordan McArdle and he seems like a great fella so I see it more as a way to support him as he seems to be a driving force for getting more WA content out.
Uggh, dont put a human face to my cheapness, I'll start to feel guilty

yeah McArdle's easily the best in this state for WAFL/underage coverage, does decent work with the country footy as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back