Strategy Fremantle Dockers Next Generation Academy

Aug 23, 2017
Grounded
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just trying to put together kids available in our NGA/Father Son

Western, 2x Walker, Alvarez, Haddow , Rioli?

Motlop, Farmer, Colborne

Bartlett? Or is he 2021?

Draper?, ....

Can people help us out with who we can look forward to.

Yeh I know the NGA rules are changing.

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons
Just trying to put together kids available in our NGA/Father Son

Western, 2x Walker, Alvarez, Haddow , Rioli?

Motlop, Farmer, Colborne

Bartlett? Or is he 2021?

Draper?, ....

Can people help us out with who we can look forward to.

Yeh I know the NGA rules are changing.
2020: Joel Western, Brandon Walker, Chris Walker, Keanu Haddow
2021: Richard Bartlett, Jesse Motlop, Kobe Farmer, Riley Colborne
2022: Dallas McAdam, Joshua Draper, Jasper Scaife, Chase Bourne, Conrad Williams, Prince Pommett

2023 onwards I have no idea, but those are the players I have listed for our NGA at the moment

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
2020: Joel Western, Brandon Walker, Chris Walker, Keanu Haddow
2021: Richard Bartlett, Jesse Motlop, Kobe Farmer, Riley Colborne
2022: Dallas McAdam, Joshua Draper, Jasper Scaife, Chase Bourne, Conrad Williams, Prince Pommett

2023 onwards I have no idea, but those are the players I have listed for our NGA at the moment
Is Bartlett a possible top 20 selection next year?

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Is Bartlett a possible top 20 selection next year?
Bartlett is the only one I'd consider a top 20 chance, but at the moment I don't think so. On talent alone he could potentially go Top 20 but he didn't show as much in his WAFL games this year as he probably would have liked too. A good carnival and WAFL year and he can go top 20 but for now I think he goes at that 25+ range where Western and Walker sit this year

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bartlett is the only one I'd consider a top 20 chance, but at the moment I don't think so. On talent alone he could potentially go Top 20 but he didn't show as much in his WAFL games this year as he probably would have liked too. A good carnival and WAFL year and he can go top 20 but for now I think he goes at that 25+ range where Western and Walker sit this year
That's a good thing.

Need to maneuver those 2022+ blokes into the 40s somehow.

Hob07

Rookie
Mar 21, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
With the AFL taking over the running of the NGA in the years to come does that mean Tendai Mzungu will be out of a job?

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
With the AFL taking over the running of the NGA in the years to come does that mean Tendai Mzungu will be out of a job?
Tendai has already signed on to become a development coach for the senior side

couldhavebeen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2012
success
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth lyncs
Having watched the colts finals as well as the 2 NAB AFL ALL-STARS MATCHES Western was ok but Keanu Haddow was better both in the finals and the trials IMO .
The player that really impressed me was Granger Barra especially in the second game when he not only played back but even more so when he went forward
The perfect swingman .A player that I think could be quite dangerous once he gets a full afl pre season into him is Logan Foley from West Perth . He got concussed in the first game ( too hot to wear his helmet) but he showed quite a bit against the best defender in the colts in Granger Barras .I liked Darcy
Dixon but his lack of height is of concern for a modern day mid

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Having watched the colts finals as well as the 2 NAB AFL ALL-STARS MATCHES Western was ok but Keanu Haddow was better both in the finals and the trials IMO .
The player that really impressed me was Granger Barra especially in the second game when he not only played back but even more so when he went forward
The perfect swingman .A player that I think could be quite dangerous once he gets a full afl pre season into him is Logan Foley from West Perth . He got concussed in the first game ( too hot to wear his helmet) but he showed quite a bit against the best defender in the colts in Granger Barras .I liked Darcy
Dixon but his lack of height is of concern for a modern day mid
Haddow has improved massively statistically.

B Rookie spot seems about right.

Back