Strategy Fremantle Dockers Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

My just got picked to attend NGA training in Sept, in the 2008 program (he's 12, about to turn 13). Chance after that of selection into a squad to play a carnival with other zoned WAFL clubs.

I am just a teeny tiny bit excited about this. And slightly flummoxed as I'm not really sure where his football ability comes from.
Your cat, your dog, your goldfish? Dont leave us hanging man, be specific

Also, congratz =)

Last edited:
My just got picked to attend NGA training in Sept, in the 2008 program (he's 12, about to turn 13). Chance after that of selection into a squad to play a carnival with other zoned WAFL clubs.

I am just a teeny tiny bit excited about this. And slightly flummoxed as I'm not really sure where his football ability comes from.
Congratulations.

Well you know what you need to do from here:
a) Make sure you teach them how to tank the interviews if it looks like a top 40 bid is coming
b) Do lots of kicking practice

Congratulations.

Well you know what you need to do from here:
a) Make sure you teach them how to tank the interviews if it looks like a top 40 bid is coming
b) Do lots of kicking practice
He wants him to get drafted by Freo though?

He wants him to get drafted by Freo though?

This is the child who, age 5 in first year of Auskick, mapped out his footy career through his junior footy club on to Peel Thunder and thence to Freo. I didn't have the heart to crush his dreams by pointing out that both of his parents are short-arse non-footballer unfit pissheads so he's lacking some of the genetic head start material.

(also, I'm his mum)

This is the child who, age 5 in first year of Auskick, mapped out his footy career through his junior footy club on to Peel Thunder and thence to Freo. I didn't have the heart to crush his dreams by pointing out that both of his parents are short-arse non-footballer unfit pissheads so he's lacking some of the genetic head start material.

(also, I'm his mum)
It’s 2021, you get to choose your pro-nouns.

Your son sounds like a ripper, you must be so proud

(also, I'm his mum)
Well done, good for him and I hope he goes well. My mates, son, from an early age, wanted to buy his own D9 loader. He loved them and saved all his money as that was his goal. He is now in his early to mid 20’s and has his own earthmoving business.

follow your dreams

Geraldton-based prospect Rangga Evans is one player who is vying for selection, relying on support from his family to make NGA training sessions and matches.

Not looking good for Watson. We have another Rangga on the radar.

Geraldton-based prospect Rangga Evans is one player who is vying for selection, relying on support from his family to make NGA training sessions and matches.

Not looking good for Watson. We have another Rangga on the radar.
Jay van Berlo... completely forgot about him tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha, ha, ha! Love the confidence. As if the AFL won't change the F/S bid matching rules the second they realise there's a talent that might get to us on the cheap.

Quick NGA Watch...

Chase Bourne is listed on the extended bench for South Freo in the Preseason WAFL League game for tomorrow v Claremont. Good sign he is in the mix for a senior game early. He played League last week and kicked 1.1.

Jaren Carr, Seth Connor, Isaiah Hayden (bottom ager) all playing for South Freo Colts. Josh Draper playing for Peel Colts.

William Wolf and Jasper Scaife not playing this week after playing last week in Colts.

Conrad Williams and Dallas McAdam aren't listed on a team this week again.

Quick NGA Watch...

Chase Bourne is listed on the extended bench for South Freo in the Preseason WAFL League game for tomorrow v Claremont. Good sign he is in the mix for a senior game early. He played League last week and kicked 1.1.

Jaren Carr, Seth Connor, Isaiah Hayden (bottom ager) all playing for South Freo Colts. Josh Draper playing for Peel Colts.

William Wolf and Jasper Scaife not playing this week after playing last week in Colts.

is this isaiah hayden the son of a prodigiously talented roger hayden

please say yes

yes (and not just because you asked me to)
In Love Hearts GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Quick NGA Watch...

A few other names to watch include Christian Wilson (South Freo; really, really like this kid), Jett Sibosado (Claremont, 2023), Jacob Whan (South Freo, 2023) and Rohan MacNeill (Claremont),

It would be nice if Freo updated the Stephen Hill NGA squad list on the website so I could figure out all the underagers for us this year :p

A few other names to watch include Christian Wilson (South Freo; really, really like this kid), Jett Sibosado (Claremont, 2023), Jacob Whan (South Freo, 2023) and Rohan MacNeill (Claremont),

It would be nice if Freo updated the Stephen Hill NGA squad list on the website so I could figure out all the underagers for us this year :p

Is Jett Sibosado the son of Casey? If so, damn I'm getting old :sob:

Isaiah Hayden and Jaren Carr listed in the bests for South Freo Colts today. Seth Connor kicked a goal. Jett Sibosado kicked 1.2 for Claremont.

Richard Bartlett beating up for Subi Colts with 4 goals 6. Close game v Perth Colts ... 113 to 30 :oops: (was even worse up until late in the 4th)

But seriously Bartlett needs to be playing League as an over ager if he is looking at an AFL pathway.

Isaiah Hayden and Jaren Carr listed in the bests for South Freo Colts today. Seth Connor kicked a goal. Jett Sibosado kicked 1.2 for Claremont.

Richard Bartlett beating up for Subi Colts with 4 goals 6. Close game v Perth Colts ... 113 to 30 :oops: (was even worse up until late in the 4th)

But seriously Bartlett needs to be playing League as an over ager if he is looking at an AFL pathway.
Yeah very few over-agers get drafted from the Colts

Perth are pretty bad this year (again), feels like it's been a drought for talent these past few years outside of McDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

Back