Strategy Fremantle Dockers Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

We've got 5 lads in the U18 squad for WA this year (so far, every chance we see another 2-3 players added before the carnival actually starts up)

Chase Bourne (Small Forward/South Fremantle)
Josh Draper (Tall Forward/Peel Thunder)
Conrad Williams (Outside Midfielder/Claremont)
Jasper Scaife (Tall Forward/West Perth)
Mitch Edwards (Ruckman/Peel Thunder) (2023 Prospect)

Of the 4 2022 players, Williams is the only one who has shown the promise of a top 40 player so far

We've got 5 lads in the U18 squad for WA this year (so far, every chance we see another 2-3 players added before the carnival actually starts up)

Of the 4 2022 players, Williams is the only one who has shown the promise of a top 40 player so far
Don’t know about that? Jasper Scaife seems to be on the radar.

Unfortunately, we've reached our Hale school quota... just kidding. Looking forward to seeing how he progresses. Pretty excited about him.

Conrad Williams

Hale School | Waringarri FC

Smith says: “Another Kimberley product with exhilarating pace and athleticism who excites with his ability either on the wing or up forward.”

Don't think anyone has posted it yet but fingers crossed for Jesse Motlop in his potential debut this weekend... listed on Carlton's extended interchange bench for Sundays game.

If he makes it, hope he does well (which I hate saying cause it's Carlton)... another product of our Academy 👍

Don't think anyone has posted it yet but fingers crossed for Jesse Motlop in his potential debut this weekend... listed on Carlton's extended interchange bench for Sundays game.

If he makes it, hope he does well (which I hate saying cause it's Carlton)... another product of our Academy 👍
Good luck Jesse

Just another reason to hate Carlton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody going to watch the NGA game today?
Rank jr is playing in Roger Hayden's team,kids born in 2006.

He's itching to crack into the Eagles kids.

Well the U18 Champs is almost finished.

Players from our NGA that have played

Chase Bourne: kicked a goal but otherwise pretty quiet.

Conrad Williams: quiet in general.

Jasper Scaife: kicked a goal from outside 50m but otherwise quiet.

Edwards: as a ruck has looked more promising than Broadbent, so something to look forward in next years draft.

Have I missed anyone?

In this years draft, none of our NGA’s are going to be above pick 40 so will slide into Cat B category if we choose to bring them in.

Well the U18 Champs is almost finished.

Players from our NGA that have played

Chase Bourne: kicked a goal but otherwise pretty quiet.

Conrad Williams: quiet in general.

Jasper Scaife: kicked a goal from outside 50m but otherwise quiet.

Edwards: as a ruck has looked more promising than Broadbent, so something to look forward in next years draft.

Have I missed anyone?

In this years draft, none of our NGA’s are going to be above pick 40 so will slide into Cat B category if we choose to bring them in.
Bourne, Williams and Scaife haven’t impressed heaps in the Colts competition either.

The other Freo NGA player in the Colts that’s impressive is Christian Wilson that didn’t get picked in state he averaging 30 a game and is the leading coaches votes

Part vent/part genuine question incoming...

Can somebody with more of a glass half full perspective explain the benefits to Freo of the NGA as it currently stands? There are benefits for young aspiring players, particularly those juniors not considered elite who are on the fringe of draft selection. But if I'm the club and put effort & resources into a kid who I don't have any elevated access to if they are one of the first 40 players picked in a draft, what do I get from it?

Not wanting to sound disparaging towards the NGA players we have selected, but it seems like utter sh*thousery that we develop players for other teams to recruit given our F/S program is years behind the majority of the competition and our academy has never had the concessions that other expansion clubs have had.

So please, what's in it for Freo?

p.s.: I am not a crackpot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back