Strategy Fremantle Dockers Next Generation Academy

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
That you’re proud to live in a country with the oldest continuous culture in the world? That you’re happy to wear ties you think look good?
Happy to wear a tie that looks good & happy to live in a multi cultural country. Oldest culture is a weird 1. Its all he said she said. Im more interested with the largely homogenous chinese civilisation. 3,500 years of written history within a largely homogenous society that still exists today. I think Australia was such a harsh land to live off it was all about survival, there wasnt much time to advance technologically.
Scared of being called out for cultural appropriation? The footy jumper is a different matter. That's culturally appropriate because you're (mostly) wearing to the footy and supporting our indigenous players. Wearing a tie on a normal day says what?
Tie looks good. Tie makes me look less worse.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Don't need or want one, but I like the ties, and I love the players learning some business skills. Would love to see them go the full Al Grassby with one.

Bateman

Team Captain
Jul 7, 2005
Alfred Cove
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Newcastle United, East Perth
Can someone please provide an update on the Walker twins in our academy?
I heard that they are very good and can we take them next year?

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can someone please provide an update on the Walker twins in our academy?
I heard that they are very good and can we take them next year?
Year after next for the Walker twins, in 2020.

Next year is Henry, Butters, Thomas and Kelly.

images (1).jpeg

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Year after next for the Walker twins, in 2020.

Next year is Henry, Butters, Thomas and Kelly.

View attachment 588250

The list that I have has an 11th signing being Riley Colborne from South Fremantle Metro zone.

No WAFL profile for but he is the youngest of the lot. 15 at the moment (bear in mind the list you’ve posted is a year out of date therefore everyone is a year older). Probably the reason he has no WAFL profile to be truthful.

Anyway, anyone know anything about this kid?

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
How optimistic of the guys coming through should we be? Do they all seem draftable? Bids, or slip through as Cat Bs?
Perhaps a silver lining of not picking medhat is that it makes the kids realise that whilst they’ve got a great opportunity, being in the NGA still doesn’t gaurentee you’ll get listed. As for the quality of the other kids - not sure. Think B.Walker made U16 AA, so that’s gotta be promising!

UYD 4 Life

All Australian
Nov 27, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Western has played a bit of colts this year which is impressive given he's a bottom ager next year and his draft year is the year after. Also played in the champs and seems to have gone ok - seems to be a speedy winger

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Liam HENRY (Claremont) - 2018
ROUND OPPOSITION Round 14 South Fremantle 11 9 20 3 9 0 3 1 1 1
Round 21 Swan Districts 12 6 18 4 2 0 1 1 2 0
That first game for Claremont colts against Souths he was best on - not a bad debut. He's currently behind Sharp and Jackson for next year's draft (who are both top 10 quality) but he's still a super talent and in the mix with Deven Robertson and Rhai Arn Cox as other very good WA prospects.

One of the best players for Souths in that same game was another NGA prospect of ours in Manfred Kelly. Pity Kelly is only 169cm though - hopefully he has a big growth spurt :) We'll certainly draft Henry, not sure about the other 3 NGA prospects (Kelly, Butters and Thomas). Can't see Henry getting through to Cat B like Carter but most thought Jason was 2nd/3rd round bid worthy this time last year, so who knows?

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
That first game for Claremont colts against Souths he was best on - not a bad debut. He's currently behind Sharp and Jackson for next year's draft (who are both top 10 quality) but he's still a super talent and in the mix with Deven Robertson and Rhai Arn Cox as other very good WA prospects.

One of the best players for Souths in that same game was another NGA prospect of ours in Manfred Kelly. Pity Kelly is only 169cm though - hopefully he has a big growth spurt :) We'll certainly draft Henry, not sure about the other 3 NGA prospects (Kelly, Butters and Thomas). Can't see Henry getting through to Cat B like Carter but most thought Jason was 2nd/3rd round bid worthy this time last year, so who knows?
Yeah, I noticed Kelly's height.:eek:
Henry sound promising.

Back