Strategy Fremantle Dockers Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
brisbane lions
Imagine if pavlichs kids get drafted all 3.
No pressure young ones.

Actually why not just go full fantasy and say their guaranteed to become absolute stars.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
To be clear, we should have Henry, Walker and maybe Western in the U18's comp this year?

Given Carter was out for the whole comp last year, it will be exciting to watch up to 3 Freo lads do their thing this year. Cant wait
Will you get to see a few of their games? Can we expect suitably positive (but not overly positive), reports?

Will you get to see a few of their games? Can we expect suitably positive (but not overly positive), reports?
Yeah, I'm too lazy to attend an U18 game.

I may attempt to watch the streamed game and give a suitably minimally positive, with one and a half negative points in a positive tone report of the boys performance.

Twomey fully across our academy boys.

Liam Henry, a midfielder from Western Australia, is eligible to join Fremantle under NGA rules.

Really gives you a feel for what sort of player he is.

Glowing endorsement, seems talented........

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Twomey fully across our academy boys.

Liam Henry, a midfielder from Western Australia, is eligible to join Fremantle under NGA rules.

Really gives you a feel for what sort of player he is.
Based on that report, we may need to stockpile points so we can match bid in top 5.

Have I gone early again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freezin

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2007
Aotearoa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
East Freo
Tundra....you seem to know more than most regarding these NGA boys....I see EF have Walker x2 listed on their colts list but no Haddow....just an admin oversight by the club till the colts list is finalized? Just find it amazing Haddow didn't get a state u/16 game last year despite making the squad, also didn't even get an EF colts debut, was he injured?....

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Based on that report, we may need to stockpile points so we can match bid in top 5.

Have I gone early again?
Points are easy to get.

Just look at what the Roos, Dogs and Swans did last year.

The points system is not a reflection of the real value.

First round picks when trade out increase your points by 30-50%.

Look at our trade with Port.

https://www.draftguru.com.au/pick-value-calculator#6,40|11,23,30,49

I valued our 2019 third round pick at 40 (makes us a top 4 team lol)

By trading down, we increased our points by 900 which equals pick 21.

Look at the Swans, Crows Blues trade.

Swans traded out 13 (1212 points) for picks 26, 28 and 40 (1835 points).

Sydney had enough points to match if Blakely went high.

Roos trade pick 31 to us for 47,49 and 55. North increased their points by 200.

Could keep going but it's very doing to get Henry.

Nodgey

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SDFC, Liverpool, Scorchers
Must be annoying for the AFL that the non-Vic teams are the ones cunning enough to find and benefit from these loopholes. Of course, when it looked like Freo had found a way to snare JOM pre-draft the AFL quickly put their foot down...

gordo2016

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
Footscray, Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I can’t wait to see Carter in action this year. Hopefully he’ll earn himself a game in the firsts this year. Very excited.
Gee I would love too see that. Taught Jason at St.Josephs, Wyndham in year 4. Jason has gone to boarding school, thrived in the environment and it has brought the best out of him. A great story, I really hope to see him hit the big time at Freo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back