Strategy Fremantle Dockers Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

The best thing about Henry to me is the kid clearly has a really good head on his shoulders. Takes a pretty switched on 16 year old to start your own tie business (and the ties are sick as well)

I think ive seen Ross wear them a couple of times.

Clearly, my post flew over your head, but OK. Have a Happy Easter 🤦‍♂️

It didn't go over my head - I just didn't find it funny - but then what do I know about humour? Maybe the whole reference to the things you suggested are too close to how some of my friends actually were around that age group and the stigma that that generated with other people to be able to treat that material as lightly as you are treating it with and hence why the humor didn't resonate.

You have a happy easter too! (Note I am being serious not sarcastic).

The best thing about Henry to me is the kid clearly has a really good head on his shoulders. Takes a pretty switched on 16 year old to start your own tie business (and the ties are sick as well)

I think ive seen Ross wear them a couple of times.

The ties are awesome and I think as you say it is always great to see a 16 year old with that level of drive, regardless of their football ability.

It didn't go over my head - I just didn't find it funny - but then what do I know about humour? Maybe the whole reference to the things you suggested are too close to how some of my friends actually were around that age group and the stigma that that generated with other people to be able to treat that material as lightly as you are treating it with and hence why the humor didn't resonate.

You have a happy easter too! (Note I am being serious not sarcastic).
I do apologise I have offended. I had no racial or social connotations to my post and was being tongue in cheek about putting other recruiters off him. As eastfreo75 said, I would’ve made the same comment about anyone available to us/anyone we wanted. I’ll rethink before posting next time.

Jokes aside - I’d rather Henry have an outstanding year with massive development and high confidence to hit the ground running into his first AFL preseason rather than being hidden somewhere and lose confidence. I would be stoked if he has such an outstanding year that he moves himself into a relatively early draft pick say top 12 or thereabouts. Let the cobblers then work out what is best to make the most of him being apart of our academy. Live trading will also be relevant as per Sydney last ND.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jokes aside - I’d rather Henry have an outstanding year with massive development and high confidence to hit the ground running into his first AFL preseason rather than being hidden somewhere and lose confidence. I would be stoked if he has such an outstanding year that he moves himself into a relatively early draft pick say top 12 or thereabouts. Let the cobblers then work out what is best to make the most of him being apart of our academy. Live trading will also be relevant as per Sydney last ND.

Would he debut early? What kind of role would he be brought into?

Would he debut early? What kind of role would he be brought into?

He is most likely to start AFL as a small forward particularly if Matera or Switkowski fall out of favour or become injured. Agile, fast and good by foot with a penchant for goals and tackles well. Should end up a winger / midfielder though if all falls into place over time, and expect him to play that kind of role at U18s this year.

Of course, he could also start at HBF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bidding system is a huge discount.

For first round picks, it’s a discount on a discount.

Plus, teams unless they are the Roos and Crows won't reach and let the player slide until it's a no brainer like Scott and Blakey last draft.

If Henry is valued a pick before our first round ,then we trade for 2 second picks and increase our points by 30-50%.

If Henry is valued after our first round pick,then we trade our second round pick for two third picks and increase points by 20-30%.

The problem for us if Henry is valued after our second pick and before pick 55.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app[/QUOTE]

#15 Liam Henry
The Fremantle Next-Generation Academy prospect was arguably best afield, displaying traits that would endear him to recruiters. He accumulated 24 possessions, grabbed five marks and booted four goals in a sizzling display. His desire to run and carry and ability to use precise skills makes him one of the most damaging wingmen in this year’s draft pool.

#15 Liam Henry
The Fremantle Next-Generation Academy prospect was arguably best afield, displaying traits that would endear him to recruiters. He accumulated 24 possessions, grabbed five marks and booted four goals in a sizzling display. His desire to run and carry and ability to use precise skills makes him one of the most damaging wingmen in this year’s draft pool.

Hnnnng

#15 Liam Henry
That report was markedly less "OMG EVERYONE IS A STAR" this week, I did ask the Collingwood dude who runs that site, Slice of Pie about it, I wonder if he filtered that through

That report was markedly less "OMG EVERYONE IS A STAR" this week, I did ask the Collingwood dude who runs that site, Slice of Pie about it, I wonder if he filtered that through
Yes I read that thread. I take nothing from it apart from the "best afield" part as that is not relative - ie, even if he talks everyone up the best afield probably played pretty well.

I eagerly await the u18 champs when I get to watch them myself.

Feel a bit sorry for Leno not getting a lot of love... especially given he was playing alongside Liam

#3 Leno Thomas
The Belmont junior was dynamic on the half-back line for Claremont with 19 possessions, four marks, two inside 50s and a goal. His electrifying speed, top agility and penetrating skills make him one of the more highly regarded prospects in this year’s WAFL Colts competition.

For those wanting to see a bit of Liam Henry... (and to put to rest the question that can he start his AFL career as a small forward? ;)) Also worth checking out bottom ager Zane Trew (not NGA just to be clear) who was the u16 All Australian Centre last year and should play u18s this year and might be a top WA prospect in 2020 alongside Logan McDonald, Brandon Walker etc.

For those wanting to see a bit of Liam Henry... (and to put to rest the question that can he start his AFL career as a small forward? ;)) Also worth checking out bottom ager Zane Trew (not NGA just to be clear) who was the u16 All Australian Centre last year and should play u18s this year and might be a top WA prospect in 2020 alongside Logan McDonald, Brandon Walker etc.

commentators will be praying that Wessels is drafted, so they can talk about blooding him & relating him to our Kepler. :cool:;)

Trew should easily be talked about in that company. He is an absolute gun. Team player, who loves hard work.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back