Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
The thing I like about Henry in those clips is he isn't trying to overkick the ball, go "100milesanhour" and really balances himself up before kicking; reminds me a bit of Cerra the year before he was drafted and also a little bit of Harley Bennell.

Alright I'm convinced, Henry to be among the names of Pavlich, Fyfe and Mundy by the time his 300 game career is over.

Seriously though, the both sided kicking highlights in that footage as well as the complete composure in congestion...

Can not not wait for the Champs...

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Alright I'm convinced, Henry to be among the names of Pavlich, Fyfe and Mundy by the time his 300 game career is over.
Actually, quick question without notice; How do the indigenous players go for longevity in the game overall? Is there any difference? Shaun Burgoyne well over 350 games now, and we almost got MJ to 250.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
I don't. So we hand over our 2020 first round pick so we can grab a few academy players?

These players may be good but Carter had big raps on him and fell through to our Cat B pick.

Why waist a first round future pick when you don't need to?
I meant getting in a top player with our first and then using lower picks for the academy player.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Yes I was pretty sure Manfred was #20 and Western #1 as well (in game 2). Henry definitely #43 in game 1.

Sharp looking more and more likely as the best WA prospect this year.

I have just sat down and watched Game 1 and yes Sharp looks good (he has some serious afterburners compared to the guys he was against) but his kicking is somewhat erratic at times, dropping the ball into the lap of 2 or 3 SA guys quite a few times. Also noted that he was playing off half-back for a lot of the game, lots of directing players and quite vocal; would make a good backline general.

Liam Henry was also quite vocal down in the forward half, if you want to see his goal kicking action go to about 1 hour, 49 minutes after a good contested mark or at 2 hr 28 minutes - looks a fairly clean action and effective in both instances (Unlike one of the other small forwards for WA who has the whole Josh Kennedy stuttering thing going on?). Henry very much played on the outside and stands off the packs a lot; was yelling at lot of players to get into particular positions and the like. There was also a few moments where he just grabbed the ball and burst through a pack or past a player at full speed is was nice.

Jul 20, 2018
We are unlikely to finish above the pies this season. So unless they trade to get above us, to then use it on him... unlikely

We will use lower picks to accumulate the points required to get him

Assuming we need a player like him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back