Strategy Fremantle Dockers Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

So if there a 2 boys in the academy that are top picks we wouldn't have the currency to take them both?
This is possible however;
a) Clubs never bid on close to proper value of academies unless they outright superstars, if we meet this criteria then go us
b) You can go into debt in the next year if you want, in addition to using all your draft picks this year in getting them.

Realistically, there wont be anything stopping us getting all our NGA players IF we want them

https://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/Points-draft-value.pdf

Pick 8 is worth 1551
Pick 5 is worth 1878

With the 20% discount Henry will cost us 1502 points so we could just use 8 to match.

I think it is that simple but Tayl0r can confirm.
thanks for that.
now a further question,
80% of 1878 works out to 1502.
Would that mean we had 49 points for future trades?
and if the answer is yes, do those points carry over for the following season?
Not sure if you know this Joao & thanks for your post, but maybe someone in the know could clarify those questions, please?

This is possible however;
a) Clubs never bid on close to proper value of academies unless they outright superstars, if we meet this criteria then go us
b) You can go into debt in the next year if you want, in addition to using all your draft picks this year in getting them.

Realistically, there wont be anything stopping us getting all our NGA players IF we want them

Thanks for that info, really helpfull

thanks for that.
now a further question,
80% of 1878 works out to 1502.
Would that mean we had 49 points for future trades?
and if the answer is yes, do those points carry over for the following season?
Not sure if you know this Joao & thanks for your post, but maybe someone in the know could clarify those questions, please?

Left over points become a lower pick, so in the above scenario we would get Henry and the pick 8 we used would then become pick 69, which has a value of 49 points.

What is the story if a club offers a pick higher than we have, how do we match the pick? Taylor you are usually the full bottle on trading details.
Good question.

The club will know roughly where the academy or father son will go. Most of the time will downgrade their pick for more points ie Swans trading pick 13 for the Blues two second round picks.

If it does, the club will lose points for the same round that the player was pick the following year.

Say we trade our first round pick for Kelly.

Henry select in the first round and don’t have enough points. Then our 2020 first round pick will be downgraded.

If Henry is that good he'll go before our first pick I'd rather trade our first for two picks that are combined worth more points.

Two picks around 20 are worth more than pick 10. It's nothing but improving our draft position later in the draft.

If Henry is that good he'll go before our first pick I'd rather trade our first for two picks that are combined worth more points.

Two picks around 20 are worth more than pick 10. It's nothing but improving our draft position later in the draft.
Too many variables for now. We don't know what potential trades will be around. And if we have pick 10, then I wold suggest it is unlikely he goes before that without an amazing season and championships. Draft Sharp at 10 and Henry with later picks would work beautifully.

There is also a measure in place to preserve our first round pick in the future years.

If a bid comes in the first round then we can use points for next season's first round pick, our pick will be bumped back by those points. If the bid comes at the first pick of the second round then we will have the points for next season taken off our second round pick and onward.

If a bid comes in before our first this season then the discount is applied to the bid pick's points and those points are then matched with the pick point value of the draft picks we hold with any leftover points being refunded in the form of a pick later in the draft.

The ideal situation for us landing a first round draft pick academy player is that we are first able to secure other elite talent with our draft pick. Whether that is trading for it (perhaps Kelly), or drafting a player with pick #10 and then Henry is bid on at #11 and we don't re-enter the draft until way later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is his pace like? is he Hill level for pace? Is he agile and hard to catch in traffic? The manager mentioned he is a smart footballer, knows how to find the ball and clean off both feet. Nothing about pace..
Pretty much describes Walters, who is what I imagine when posters describe him.

This should answer your question!

Henry, who has relocated to Perth from Derby, is shaping up to be one of the most exciting prospects for this year’s NAB AFL Draft. The Christ Church Grammar border is blessed with blistering speed, sublime agility and dazzling skills, traits that make him a damaging outside midfielder/forward.

http://www.wafootball.com.au/news/16566/wa-testing-day

LateRaggedKiskadee-size_restricted.gif

Reading the Hill and Walters comparisons but it sounds more like he projects as Josh Simpson without the baggage. seems Freo have unearthed a rare gem indeed
He is exactly what we need, good pace and brains a dangerous combination. I still remember looking up Simpson,
to find out who the hell he was. Talk about high risk.

Not sure about comparisons to Son Son.. haven’t seen Liam take a screamer, he’s more of a lead up, sneaky clever right place right time sort of a guy. Very slim built, frame.. very skill full left and right. Does attack the ball hard.. fast off the mark, enough to get clearance.

So who does me remind me of... mmm let me think about it... maybe he will make a name for himself that others can be compared to!

Not sure about comparisons to Son Son..
That's me, who hasn't seen him. Pretty happy with the qualities I am hearing, and he seems like a player that we will enjoy watching. He does read exactly like the guy who Bell and Lyon would have on their wish list right now. Also makes be feel better about not getting IHill, although....

That's me, who hasn't seen him. Pretty happy with the qualities I am hearing, and he seems like a player that we will enjoy watching. He does read exactly like the guy who Bell and Lyon would have on their wish list right now. Also makes be feel better about not getting IHill, although....
That could be a reason Hill was overlooked, perhaps?

WA state team starts June 8 at Lathlain, Jaxon Prior is Michaels son? With all the Vic hype there are plenty of
names to watch out for, even the MSD player from Peel associated with us.
E. Freo have at least 5 players that should be of interest.

WA state team starts June 8 at Lathlain, Jaxon Prior is Michaels son? With all the Vic hype there are plenty of
names to watch out for, even the MSD player from Peel associated with us.
E. Freo have at least 5 players that should be of interest.
do you mind naming them, please?
I reckon I'll get to the round 5 game at Marvel for a look.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back