Strategy Fremantle Dockers Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lol... just when you thought things couldn’t get more ridiculous ... especially injury wise for our players... now even our future players are getting cursed before their even on our list!!

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Fremantle Next Generation Academy talent Liam Henry is in doubt for the rest of the season after he dislocated his knee cap playing school footy on Saturday.

The highly-rated WA draft prospect, who is expected to attract a first-round bid in the national draft, went down early in Christ Church Grammar’s Public Schools Association clash against Scotch College and took no further part in the match.

He escaped serious injury but is still expected to miss around 4-6 weeks which would likely end his chances of making a senior WAFL debut at Claremont.

The silky-skilled midfielder-forward was one of the stars of WA’s drought-breaking national-under-18s carnival success, averaging 18 disposals, five marks and four tackles across the four matches to earn All-Australian selection.
The Dockers have first dibs at their NGA member because he was born in Derby in WA’s north-west, but bids from rival AFL clubs are likely to come in the top-30.
It was the second knee injury this year for Henry, with a minor knee setback costing him the chance of an early-season debut at the Tigers.
It comes on the same day as Jason Carter becomes the first Fremantle NGA product to make his AFL debut against Geelong at Optus Stadium.
More to come.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
If I were his doctor I'd rule him out of the combine too

The combine is not just physical tests; he can't be ruled out of doing interviews, pyschometric tests etc. - he will do a Valente of last year attend the combine but only do the non-physical stuff.

The combine is not just physical tests; he can't be ruled out of doing interviews, pyschometric tests etc. - he will do a Valente of last year attend the combine but only do the non-physical stuff.
Think it was pretty tongue-in-cheek from Tayl0r. His value likely only goes up if he attends the combine

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Didn't Smith get a note from his Mum that it wouldn't be good for him to live interstate? Something like that. Surely Henry's Mum is worried about him too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle

With the new rule, Tyrone Thorne becauses Next Generation after pick 40.

Very small but had great numbers for a small forward in the Championships.

Tackles and kicks goals.

Pick bid 57 onwards we get for free. If not drafted can be rookie B player.

Thoughts?

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle

With the new rule, Tyrone Thorne becauses Next Generation after pick 40.

Very small but had great numbers for a small forward in the Championships.

Tackles and kicks goals.

Pick bid 57 onwards we get for free. If not drafted can be rookie B player.

Thoughts?
Has that rule been officially announced? Also I thought that it would start next year

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fremantle Next Generation Academy talent Liam Henry is in doubt for the rest of the season after he dislocated his knee cap playing school footy on Saturday.

on the knee injury side not too bad, you can strap your knee so its damn near impossible to dislocate. Should bounce back. hopefully he drops a few spots on the back of it though.

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Does the fact that Liam Henry also dislocated his knee two years ago point to a likelihood of recurring injuries, or to the fact that he has been able to recover to full speed, and is likely to do so again?

summerthebat

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2007
Teenage Mountain
AFL Club
Fremantle
Having dislocated my knee, I've never really been overly confident that my cap is going to stay in place despite building muscle around it, occasionally I can still feel like slip out. But like someone mentioned above, if it's a known problem, strapping before every training session or game will pretty much prevent it slipping out.

From his instagram it doesn't look like it was taped up for Christ Church or during the under 18 carnival. I don't think it would be anything to worry about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back