apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Joel, Butters and Leno and a few interesting Peel young guys probably including Thorne will be on channel 7 at 11.30 am next Sunday for the Colts final

I rewatched the first half and I'm pretty excited about Western.

What is it that makes Neale so good despite his height? I think its a combination of lightning hands, ability to read the game, good but not rapid speed, not afraid to get in and under despite his size, terrific tank.

I'm not an expert in any way but Western has all of those but is also unbelievably quick and good defensively. Reckon we’ll have a player here. If by some miracle he grows another 5-7cm he’ll be something else.

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
I rewatched the first half and I'm pretty excited about Western.

What is it that makes Neale so good despite his height? I think its a combination of lightning hands, ability to read the game, good but not rapid speed, not afraid to get in and under despite his size, terrific tank.

I'm not an expert in any way but Western has all of those but is also unbelievably quick and good defensively. Reckon we’ll have a player here. If by some miracle he grows another 5-7cm he’ll be something else.

Thanks Snuffy

So Henry a definite, Butters and Thomas in the maybe/likely category.

Anyone heard much about Manfred Kelly and where he's at?
That was a terrific game of Colts on the weekend with Thomas and Butters two of the best. They are both raw from what I saw but have some pretty good attributes. Reckon they would have to he shoe-ins for Cat B spots. Not sure if they would be worth a normal list spot - Butters possibly so it likely depends on if/when they are bid on

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
WAFL Colts GF Scouting Notes

#3 Leno Thomas

The hero for Claremont, Thomas was the player who produced the goal-saving smother on Jon Ietto which ultimately sealed victory for the Tigers. He accumulated 14 possessions and took four marks, playing as an intercepting and rebounding defender. His precise skills coming out of the defensive half were a real feature of his game, as he was able to set up several attacking opportunities for the Tigers.

#38 Isaiah Butters

The Fremantle Next-Generation Academy member showed why the Dockers rate him so highly with a sublime performance in the Grand Final. He finished with just seven possessions but booted four goals to be the most dangerous forward on the ground for the Tigers. The highlights of his game came in the first quarter – the first one was when he took a sensational pack mark in the twelfth minute of the first term, and the second one was when he cleanly gathered a “chaos” ball after it ripped through several other players before snapping through his second goal.

#12 Joel Western

The bottom-aged Fremantle Next Generation Academy member showed why he is one of the leading prospects from Western Australia for next year’s AFL Draft. He accumulated 23 possessions, and laid six tackles, often using his speed and skill to break Peel’s defensive zones.

Zurgblade

Team Captain
Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
So Henry a definite, Butters and Thomas in the maybe/likely category.

Anyone heard much about Manfred Kelly and where he's at?

I spoke to Manny the other day and he said no clubs had approached him, not even his WAFL reserves or leagues (early days of course)

I think he'll likely play a top ager at colts and possibly states because I'm sure the youth being injected into SF next year will need a good leader.

Back