apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
I actually looked it up and my source says that they have to get through the PSD as well. There’s 2 possibilities:
1. My source is outdated. It’s an AFL publication so should be correct at some point but might not be updated.
2. The other clubs bar Carlton and Hawthorn have told the AFL they won’t participate in the PSD (extremely likely), therefore the AFL has said go ahead.

Regardless welcome to the club Leno and Izzy!
You might be right. It's hard to get up-to-date info on all the rules

maccamk

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Butters and Thomas really highlight the reason for the NGA program. Henry would have made it regardless but these 2 boys could well have been lost to the game if they didn’t get drafted. Instead they are now living their dream and inspiring a younger generation of indigenous boys and girls in remote communities. Well done Fremantle, Clontarf and the AFL. A fantastic program.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
brisbane lions
the east kimberly football league was the best country football league I've ever seen. Better than albany's and esperance. The east kimberly has probably about 5000 odd people, has an 8-14 team comp but that changes depending on different communities coming in and out of the comp (albany by comparison has 4 for a town of 30 000). Every team has a player who should have made it to the afl based on talent.
Every team except one is majority black and as such theirs heaps of speccies, no concept of defense only attack and it just make the game fun to watch.

The region i think is less football developed (in terms of producing afl talent) than the pilbra because of less mining money and its isolation from perth. The region could be a gold mine. However guiding that talent down a pathway to afl will be difficult. So hearing about Leno thomas more than liam henry was very heartening.

Jan 23, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Watched these kids for the first time in the GF for Claremont. Very happy to pick them up given the extremely limited time I saw them.

What happens now that we have filled our 3 cat B Rookie spots? Will we need to upgrade or delist to bring in the NGA kids next year ? Walker/Western etc. are cat B rookie spots treated the same as rookies spot max years??

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Watched these kids for the first time in the GF for Claremont. Very happy to pick them up given the extremely limited time I saw them.

What happens now that we have filled our 3 cat B Rookie spots? Will we need to upgrade or delist to bring in the NGA kids next year ? Walker/Western etc. are cat B rookie spots treated the same as rookies spot max years??
Western will be ND unless he drops off a cliff.

Brandon Walker will also likely be ND but if he and/or his brother are to move to Cat B then we have to move one or more of the existing Cat Bs to Cat A, main list or delist them.

Jan 23, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Western will be ND unless he drops off a cliff.

Brandon Walker will also likely be ND but if he and/or his brother are to move to Cat B then we have to move one or more of the existing Cat Bs to Cat A, main list or delist them.
Thanks mate , so essentially it’s the same as Rookie list with max spots being 3.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
That’s one of the other concessions Gold Coast got - 8 or 10 rookie list spots to develop whoever they like. I really hate the way the AFL have propped up that club. Where do people project that Western will be picked next year? Second round?

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
It’d be great to have an updated list of Academy kids.

I know of next year’s but would barely have a clue after that (bar Jeff Farmer’s son who’s actually a F/S anyway). Anyone know of any other NGA kids born 2003 onwards?

I know of next year’s but would barely have a clue after that (bar Jeff Farmer’s son who’s actually a F/S anyway). Anyone know of any other NGA kids born 2003 onwards?

What year is little Wizz?

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle

Riley Colborne is the only one (in addition to Kobe Farmer) that I know of. Riley should be playing for South Freo Colts more next year. I know very little about him other than he seems quite tall and athletic. From Byford Secondary? Same school as Roxy Roux.

It may just be a coincidence that Travis Colyer's contract (and the #33 jumper) expires the same year that Kobe Farmer is draft eligible in 2021 :cool: Am assuming Kobe will be playing for Peel Colts next year.

People have been asking Tendai et al so I'm hoping we'll get more info and names in the coming months.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Riley Colborne is the only one (in addition to Kobe Farmer) that I know of. Riley should be playing for South Freo Colts more next year. I know very little about him other than he seems quite tall and athletic. From Byford Secondary? Same school as Roxy Roux.

It may just be a coincidence that Travis Colyer's contract (and the #33 jumper) expires the same year that Kobe Farmer is draft eligible in 2021 Am assuming Kobe will be playing for Peel Colts next year.

People have been asking Tendai et al so I'm hoping we'll get more info and names in the coming months.

I knew that name now you say it - I just feel like we knew the names we know now three years ago and we’ve had no update since.

maccamk

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle

It may just be a coincidence that Travis Colyer's contract (and the #33 jumper) expires the same year that Kobe Farmer is draft eligible in 2021 :cool: Am assuming Kobe will be playing for Peel Colts next year.

I believe Dallas McAdams is also a Fremantle NGA in the same year from Halls Creek. His brother is listed with Adelaide. Apparently the kid can play VERY well

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like just yesterday we were chomping at the bit to see the kids play at the champs, now Henry, Butters and Thomas are on the list.

Now just another 6 months till we see WWWH head out for WA, can’t wait.

I would also like to say how awesome it is to see Butters and Thomas on our list and those interviews. As awesome as it is to have Henry, those two kids are what the NGA program is about. Two shy kids who have talent but likely don’t get picked up or get lost to the game if they aren’t in the program. Proud of the club for taking both of them and giving them a shot

hoss

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2004
South
AFL Club
Fremantle
One of our own!
Not sure if he's one of our own but a local kid who was picked for the State 15's and World team this year. From watching the 04/05 NGA boys for a couple of years I think it would be Chase and another kid named Prince who'd have the best chance to join the NGA elite group. My kid is an 05 model.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

rank and file

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2013
michael mitchell country
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
bell park
Here is Rank Jr, a couple of months before his 13th birthday.I live in the north-west and
between Clontarf,The Stephen Michael Foundation and South Freo FC,the kids are getting spotted and developed early.
Now the good news is Rank Jr is a staunch Freo supporter,the bad news is he reckons you won't win a flag until he's playing for you guys!You are going to have to be patient for another 5 years.
20191205_102941.jpg

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Here is Rank Jr, a couple of months before his 13th birthday.I live in the north-west and
between Clontarf,The Stephen Michael Foundation and South Freo FC,the kids are getting spotted and developed early.
Now the good news is Rank Jr is a staunch Freo supporter,the bad news is he reckons you won't win a flag until he's playing for you guys!You are going to have to be patient for another 5 years.View attachment 789539
It’s awesome for the kids to have a clear and realistic pathway.

I really hoping Freo get a player or two every year from the NGA.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Now the good news is Rank Jr is a staunch Freo supporter,the bad news is he reckons you won't win a flag until he's playing for you guys!You are going to have to be patient for another 5 years.View attachment 789539
Need to you to spend at least 10 hours a weekend with him working on his skills please.

rank and file

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2013
michael mitchell country
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
bell park
Need to you to spend at least 10 hours a weekend with him working on his skills please.
He's pretty clean with his hands and I've seen him bomb a torp for a goal,40m out from the boundary.
I had to put the brakes on when he wanted to play seniors this year,told him he can when he's 6ft.

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
He's pretty clean with his hands and I've seen him bomb a torp for a goal,40m out from the boundary.
I had to put the brakes on when he wanted to play seniors this year,told him he can when he's 6ft.
So when are you switching over from the Yellow & Black to the Purple & White.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back