Strategy Fremantle Dockers Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Pussinbootz

Headless Chook
Oct 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
He is a good tackler. Very quick and reads the game well but he’s super light so he’d be a speculative pick for down the track. Who’s he up against - who else do you have training with you?
He’s 169cm as well if I’m not mistaken?

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
The numbers don't look too shabby. If he's a tackling machine, the Dees could defo use that. Apparently the Farmer's have a house in Varra Valley VIC anyway.
Think his dad lives in Vic and his mum lives here in Perth. Even if you list him I think it is a fair journey before he is ready for AFL footy. I know nothing about your other options (Woewodin is next year isn't he?) but if it were me I'd pick someone more ready knowing I'd have a fairly good chance of picking up Farmer either in the mid-season draft or next year's draft after seeing him play some senior footy (hopefully). FWIW even with improvement I'm not sure we'd pick him as we've picked up some similar small forwards the past two drafts and Motlop and others in our NGA are showing good form for the future drafts.

Hope he gets a shot with your guys at some stage. I'd just hate for him to come in when he isn't ready, not show enough and be lost forever.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons
Not sure if others have noticed but they've considerably upgraded the NGA section of the Freo website:

Includes listing the players in each squad like the older group coming through: https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/nga/stephen-hill-squad
Seems the club is finally listening to my prayers!

Confirms Seth Connor is on the list, but another one to watch is Kai Holmes. Half Forward who played some games towards the end of the year in the Colts and showed some signs

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Seems the club is finally listening to my prayers!

Confirms Seth Connor is on the list, but another one to watch is Kai Holmes. Half Forward who played some games towards the end of the year in the Colts and showed some signs

Geez, Roger is 182cm and sometimes played taller with his marking ability, but a lot of these young men pictured alongside him are still growing and there's quite a few already taller.

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Have a small feeling the 2021/2022 NGA players will be our best ones in a while. Most of these kids would have been 12-14 when the NGA started, and a few of them have spent quite a while with the academy.

Add in players like Jermaine Pickett and Richard Bartlett who we've added in recent times based on their talent.

Of course, we don't have a Liam Henry tier prospect this time around, but I think we could see 3-4 from the academy taken this year

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Have a small feeling the 2021/2022 NGA players will be our best ones in a while. Most of these kids would have been 12-14 when the NGA started, and a few of them have spent quite a while with the academy.

Add in players like Jermaine Pickett and Richard Bartlett who we've added in recent times based on their talent.

Of course, we don't have a Liam Henry tier prospect this time around, but I think we could see 3-4 from the academy taken this year
Last year to really clean up.

If we can get 2 or 3 second round picks that would awesome.

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle

How much you know about the father sons Batsyy?
- carr, wolf and blurton?
I’m assuming jarens a mid tho considering Mathews height he may reach kpp size?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
How much you know about the father sons Batsyy?
- carr, wolf and blurton?
I’m assuming jarens a mid tho considering Mathews height he may reach kpp size?
Carr and Wolf I don't know too much about, they're both 17 year olds so I'll learn more throughout the year as they make their way through the WAFL system this year. Carr I am a bit worried about though because he hasn't popped up on South Fremantle's website, while all the other players in our academy are on their clubs website

Blurton played in the Colts Grand Final this year and got the job on Brockman. He wasn't bad, but he wasn't great. He seems like a competitive player, and I think the best direct comparison on our list is the other medium defender out of Claremont we drafted, Leno Thomas. He'll have some extra pressure on him this year and I wouldn't be surprised if he's one of the better defenders in the Colts competition.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah pretty shitty pushing it back to 3rd round from 2022. It should be 2nd round IMO as it is this year.
That’s right. It was good while it lasted I suppose. Sydney, GWS brisbane and GC will continue to be able to add top 5 picks from their academies as per usual though. So much for “equalisation” lol

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
That’s right. It was good while it lasted I suppose. Sydney, GWS brisbane and GC will continue to be able to add top 5 picks from their academies as per usual though. So much for “equalisation” lol
Swans don’t have a player retention issue.

When the northern clubs get their act together retention issues are not an issue ie Brisbane.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Swans don’t have a player retention issue.

When the northern clubs get their act together retention issues are not an issue ie Brisbane.
Let’s just say for arguments sake that Freo lost Cerra and Brayshaw to go-home trade requests this year?
You think Gill or the AFL would give a rats ass about freo losing players? Or give us any concessions at all? No chance!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back