Purple_Passion

All Australian
May 24, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Bromwich Albion
Not sure if anyone else has noticed but the Freo store (online) has removed all ISC products, I don't recall this happening last year or the year before. I also read on the main forum a couple of weeks ago that Freo was partnering up with Adidas as of next year. (Can't seem to find that post anywhere now)

I personally love all the ISC products, especially the Polos/Media Shirts. If the rumours are true I hope that Adidas can provide us with some first class (both looks and feel) clothing.

Anyone know anything?

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but the Freo store (online) has removed all ISC products, I don't recall this happening last year or the year before. I also read on the main forum a couple of weeks ago that Freo was partnering up with Adidas as of next year. (Can't seem to find that post anywhere now)

I personally love all the ISC products, especially the Polos/Media Shirts. If the rumours are true I hope that Adidas can provide us with some first class (both looks and feel) clothing.

Anyone know anything?

I hope they have a better shade of Purple in their library.
Purple isn't Blue.

They probably just sold out of them. If you visited the team store on the Thursday of grand final week this is what you were confronted with:

Simpsons08x08-HurricaneNeddyrl14-24.jpg
Simpsons08x08-HurricaneNeddyrl14-25.jpg

i CLICKED ON THE MEMBERS STORE LINK TONIGHT FROM AN EMAIL SENT FROM THE CLUB. tHERE IS NEXT TO NOTHING IN THE TEAM STORE. dEFINATELY CHANGES AFOOT. Bugger, caps lock on, too many Jersey Sailors to bother fixing..........

The online members store has been fairly pathetic for ages. I tried looking for stuff early in the season, there was barely anything listed. I ended up having to order things from Rebel Sport. That doesn't mean they aren't switching to adidas, however.

If Adidas have signed with us, that's massive! Moving up in this world.

We were with adidas when we finished with the spoon in 2001?

I guess with the 3 chevrons we have it will work with adidas's 3 stripes. Look at what collingwoods polos used to look like with the 3 stripes on the sleeve. hawthorn are sponsored by adidas too - their gear this year will probably give a more accurate reflection of what ours looks like.

Will be interesting if the alter the jersey at all - whenever we've had a new apparel sponsor the jumper has changed slightly from the previous year. Look at hawthorn's 2012 to 2013 jumper

The material used for the ISC hoodie isn't much chop, worn once and the front around the pocket area looks frayed. Getting the Mrs to take it back and get a credit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The material used for the ISC hoodie isn't much chop, worn once and the front around the pocket area looks frayed. Getting the Mrs to take it back and get a credit.
I've got one too, though the fabric is nice to wear, the reverse side of it sticks to Velcro, meaning the hood is constantly sticking to the Velcro strap on the back of my cap...... Bloody annoying.

Adidas haven't had more than two AFL clubs for a while now. They're targeting clubs who sell well, so I guess there's relative credence in the rumours than, say, if it was St Kilda being mentioned to them.

The club shop was absolutely bare after the Prelim and ISC aren't going to keep producing 2013 stock. That's pointless. They'll be off manufacturing their 2014 gear, of which no ISC team has actually gotten their upgrades yet.

Additionally, there are two times for club store clear-outs and releases: before chrissy and about a month before the season starts. Considering we don't have a new jumper to parade or any stock left to sell, I wouldn't read too much into it.

I really hope we get Nike or Adidas. Those ISC guernseys were crap onfield. Might as well have been tissue paper at the ridiculous rate they were torn this year. Besides, my 2012 Guernsey was an XL and fit nicely whereas my 2013 Guernsey was too tight! I'm still the same guy with a mediocre beergut admittedly but their sizes were ridiculous when you consider I can wear my L sized Reebok GC one comfortably... Bring on Adidas, their apparel is awesome.

The club shop was absolutely bare after the Prelim and ISC aren't going to keep producing 2013 stock. That's pointless. They'll be off manufacturing their 2014 gear, of which no ISC team has actually gotten their upgrades yet.

Additionally, there are two times for club store clear-outs and releases: before chrissy and about a month before the season starts. Considering we don't have a new jumper to parade or any stock left to sell, I wouldn't read too much into it.
Pretty much this is what's happening. Freo will have the 20 years logo on guernseys and merchandise next season, like the OP has as his avatar, and ISC won't be producing the current gear if they have dedicated their resources to getting ready to roll out new products.

I really hope we get Nike or Adidas. Those ISC guernseys were crap onfield. Might as well have been tissue paper at the ridiculous rate they were torn this year. Besides, my 2012 Guernsey was an XL and fit nicely whereas my 2013 Guernsey was too tight! I'm still the same guy with a mediocre beergut admittedly but their sizes were ridiculous when you consider I can wear my L sized Reebok GC one comfortably... Bring on Adidas, their apparel is awesome.

If you're out of high school and still buying new jumpers to wear, the issue ain't the jumpers.

Wear one 'til the pie stains act like acid and burn through the polyester or cotton; or until stitching comes apart and the colours wash out.

Wear one 'til the pie stains act like acid and burn through the polyester or cotton; or until stitching comes apart and the colours wash out.

I actually know how to put food in my mouth. I run classes on weekends. ;) Tried to get the West Coast supporters to come along, too, but I gather from the gravitational pull I experience when approaching their cheer squad, they don't have the same problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back