List Mgmt. Fremantle FC Contract List/Depth Chart

Remove this Banner Ad

Our depth is s**t.

Players that should retire or be delisted at the end of year. This is going to be a very long year unless we keep our top 10 players on the park and playing well.

A few are contracted (Meek and Jones), but even then only 1 should be kept as depth. You could make a case that 8 of the below players should not be near the best 22.

31 Aaron Sandilands 35 years, 4 months
37 Michael Johnson 33 years, 6 months
6 Danyle Pearce 32 years, 0 months
1 Hayden Ballantyne 30 years, 9 months
34 Lee Spurr 30 years, 9 months
33 Cameron Sutcliffe 25 years, 11 months
11 Tom Sheridan 24 years, 6 months
40 Scott Jones 22 years, 11 months
30 Lloyd Meek 20 years, 0 months

Unsure - need a big year (Most of these guys will be stuck in the WAFL for at least the next 3 or 4 weeks) (Could be delisted at end of year)
Harley Bennell - needs to get fit
Shane Kersten - Can he make it as a defender
Michael Apeness - needs to get fit and play good footy.
Brady Grey - great intent, s**t skills. Needs to dominate WAFL.

That means we have 12 players who should not be in our best 22, plus Sandi who is 35 and needs a rest.

If you add Taberner, Logue, Hill, Giro, Dixon and Darcy we have 18 players who should be in the 22 or are injured.
Grey, Bennell, Spurr are also injured but I did not want to count them twice

This leaves 25 fit players who are worthy of a spot in the best 22. This is why players like Johnson, Ballas will continue to play until we get some players back from injury.

The remaining 25 players
Aaron Sandilands
David Mundy
Stephen Hill
Michael Walters
Nathan Fyfe
Brandon Matera
Nathan Wilson
Joel Hamling
Lachie Neale
Ethan Hughes
Cameron McCarthy
Alex Pearce
Ed Langdon
Luke Ryan
Connor Blakely
Ryan Nyhuis
Sam Switkowski
Darcy Tucker
Bailey Banfield
Taylin Duman
Brennan Cox
Tom North
Mitch Crowden
Adam Cerra
Andrew Brayshaw

Depth for this year
Johnson
Ballas

you know what would be a good distraction right about now? a couple of decent re-signings

The club is doing a good job of ignoring everything and continuing on with their mission. I hope we see something like this soon to rub it in the face of people sitting around their computer screens waiting for a reaction.

Our depth is s**t.

Players that should retire or be delisted at the end of year. This is going to be a very long year unless we keep our top 10 players on the park and playing well.

A few are contracted (Meek and Jones), but even then only 1 should be kept as depth. You could make a case that 8 of the below players should not be near the best 22.

31 Aaron Sandilands 35 years, 4 months
37 Michael Johnson 33 years, 6 months
6 Danyle Pearce 32 years, 0 months
1 Hayden Ballantyne 30 years, 9 months
34 Lee Spurr 30 years, 9 months
33 Cameron Sutcliffe 25 years, 11 months
11 Tom Sheridan 24 years, 6 months
40 Scott Jones 22 years, 11 months
30 Lloyd Meek 20 years, 0 months

Unsure - need a big year (Most of these guys will be stuck in the WAFL for at least the next 3 or 4 weeks) (Could be delisted at end of year)
Harley Bennell - needs to get fit
Shane Kersten - Can he make it as a defender
Michael Apeness - needs to get fit and play good footy.
Brady Grey - great intent, s**t skills. Needs to dominate WAFL.

That means we have 12 players who should not be in our best 22, plus Sandi who is 35 and needs a rest.

If you add Taberner, Logue, Hill, Giro, Dixon and Darcy we have 18 players who should be in the 22 or are injured.
Grey, Bennell, Spurr are also injured but I did not want to count them twice

This leaves 25 fit players who are worthy of a spot in the best 22. This is why players like Johnson, Ballas will continue to play until we get some players back from injury.

The remaining 25 players
Aaron Sandilands
David Mundy
Stephen Hill
Michael Walters
Nathan Fyfe
Brandon Matera
Nathan Wilson
Joel Hamling
Lachie Neale
Ethan Hughes
Cameron McCarthy
Alex Pearce
Ed Langdon
Luke Ryan
Connor Blakely
Ryan Nyhuis
Sam Switkowski
Darcy Tucker
Bailey Banfield
Taylin Duman
Brennan Cox
Tom North
Mitch Crowden
Adam Cerra
Andrew Brayshaw

Depth for this year
Johnson
Ballas

They aren't going to delist Jones and Meek after one season lol

They aren't going to delist Jones and Meek after one season lol
Meek I agree but Jones' output is appalling at WAFL level. He is compromised no doubt by the amount of tall timber we play but seems to constantly be the worst performed.

I wouldn't mind if we moved him on in favour of another developing tall (an 18 yo).

Meek I agree but Jones' output is appalling at WAFL level. He is compromised no doubt by the amount of tall timber we play but seems to constantly be the worst performed.

I wouldn't mind if we moved him on in favour of another developing tall (an 18 yo).

I see what you are saying but it won't happen. He'll get his two years unless he breaks the law or something.

I don't rate Jones but as Taylor says see what he can do after a summer of running. Would have thought the list losses at thid stage would be:

D. Pearce
Ballantyne
Spurr
Johnson
And 1 others from Sandi, Mundy, Bennell or Sutcliffe. Gut feels says Sandi and Mundy will go again, so Bennell or Sutcliffe at this stage.

With upgrades of Banfield and Duman to the senior list (Strnadica +1 more year on rookie list unless breaks out).

That would leave three draft picks, to be spent:

1st round pick (best available)
5th round (Carter academy selection)
6th round with downgrading (Speculative pick / Medhat?)

6th pick gets downgraded but likely it would be the last pick in the draft anyway.....

I don't rate Jones but as Taylor says see what he can do after a summer of running. Would have thought the list losses at thid stage would be:

D. Pearce
Ballantyne
Spurr
Johnson
And 1 others from Sandi, Mundy, Bennell or Sutcliffe. Gut feels says Sandi and Mundy will go again, so Bennell or Sutcliffe at this stage.

With upgrades of Banfield and Duman to the senior list (Strnadica +1 more year on rookie list unless breaks out).

That would leave three draft picks, to be spent:

1st round pick (best available)
5th round (Carter academy selection)
6th round with downgrading (Speculative pick / Medhat?)

6th pick gets downgraded but likely it would be the last pick in the draft anyway.....
just a quick question.if Carter lasts to a fifth round pick I am assuming it would mean he has not been bid on, and could be rookie listed? Fifth round wouldn’t be matching a bid? Maybe I’m confused....

just a quick question.if Carter lasts to a fifth round pick I am assuming it would mean he has not been bid on, and could be rookie listed? Fifth round wouldn’t be matching a bid? Maybe I’m confused....

Haha - I get confused myself with the bidding system! Here is what I am assuming (which might be in significant error):

1. Carter gets bid on in the second or third round as per the current bigfooty consensus and somewhat backed by historical bidding strategies used in previous drafts.
2. Fremantle use their next pick (which is a fifth rounder) to "match".
3. A sixth round pick can not be degraded order wise (it has no point value and would be back of pack anyway), so the leftover points come off our first round pick (I think looking at the official afl advice) in 2019 which degrades it's place in the order.

So basically it is a loan from 2019 off our first round pick. Which may not be a bad thing given we may (hopefully) be challenging by then and that there will possibly be a number of 2019 academy prospects (Keanu and the two Walkers potentially?) which we won't want to use early picks on anyway! :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha - I get confused myself with the bidding system! Here is what I am assuming (which might be in significant error):

1. Carter gets bid on in the second or third round as per the current bigfooty consensus and somewhat backed by historical bidding strategies used in previous drafts.
2. Fremantle use their next pick (which is a fifth rounder) to "match".
3. A sixth round pick can not be degraded order wise (it has no point value and would be back of pack anyway), so the leftover points come off our first round pick (I think looking at the official afl advice) in 2019 which degrades it's place in the order.

So basically it is a loan from 2019 off our first round pick. Which may not be a bad thing given we may (hopefully) be challenging by then and that there will possibly be a number of 2019 academy prospects (Keanu and the two Walkers potentially?) which we won't want to use early picks on anyway! :p
Don't have the points on me but pretty damn sure you can't match a 2nd rounder with a 5th. It would come from out 2019 2nd/3rd I believe.

8, 80, 98, 116 ....as we sit here today.

Going to take 2 more drafts to balance the bottom end of the list.

Need to hit with our first and really hope that we can Banfield/Crowden a couple more AFL calibre players late.

Need to hit with our first and really hope that we can Banfield/Crowden a couple more AFL calibre players late.
We can trade Sheridan to the GC for their first rounder.

Reckon we'll trade heavily into this year from next and end up with something like

8 32 45 50 65 70

Then do similar the following year. Also expecting a trade or FA. No idea who but just have the feeling.

pick 8 would mean finishing 11th.

I see a repeat last year: 14th spot with 8 wins and 14 defeats.

That leaves us with picks 5, 77, 95, 113. Sometimes I wish we didn't trade our 3rd rounder to get matera last year. We should of waited one more year and got him as a free agent.

pick 8 would mean finishing 11th.

I see a repeat last year: 14th spot with 8 wins and 14 defeats.

That leaves us with picks 5, 77, 95, 113. Sometimes I wish we didn't trade our 3rd rounder to get matera last year. We should of waited one more year and got him as a free agent.
We can always trade into 2018 2nd/3rd round from next years picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back