List Mgmt. Fremantle FC Contract List/Depth Chart

I don't.

Would keep Duman, Nyhuis, North, Meek, Switta, Tabs and Cam...Tucker if he pulls his finger out

I think the inference was they have an important year ahead of them and are not dead certs.

Duman I'd be happy to extend now as he is a classy and calm user of the ball...192cm and you can't teach his decision making.

The others you mentioned-
Nyhuis - probably
North/Switta/Meek - kids ..important year to show growth & improvement
Tabs - I love the guy but he needs to find his place in this new & improved forward line (would be trade not delist)
Cam - Make or break year
Tucker - Right in the slot ...needs to consistently deliver

Nodgey

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SDFC, Liverpool, Scorchers
Could it be Cam? :$

Edit: unfair to single out Cam so I'll add the following who may be on thin ice:
Kersten (vanilla), Bennell (been said before), Taberner (Hogan and Lobb take his spot), Tucker (the next Sheridan?)

Last edited:

Bender571

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
More info
"ETHAN Hughes will have the opportunity to re-establish himself at Fremantle next season after signing a one-year contract extension. "

"Lockdown defender Ryan Nyhuis might be upgraded after the maximum three years on the rookie list.

The Dockers have committed to the 22-year-old for 2019 and will have to delist Nyhuis before re-drafting him if they want to keep him as a rookie."

couldhavebeen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2012
success
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth lyncs
Well its been awhile but with the signings and delisting's I'm really sad for Brady, Sherro and Luke .
How can Bennell , Jones , Ballas , Matera and McCarthy still be there and these guys gone .
I'm very happy the Hughes and Nyhius have been retained . Both should do a full pre season in the midfield .

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
More info
"ETHAN Hughes will have the opportunity to re-establish himself at Fremantle next season after signing a one-year contract extension. "

"Lockdown defender Ryan Nyhuis might be upgraded after the maximum three years on the rookie list.

The Dockers have committed to the 22-year-old for 2019 and will have to delist Nyhuis before re-drafting him if they want to keep him as a rookie."

Odds on that they will try to get him back on the rookie list.

Could it be Cam? :$

Edit: unfair to single out Cam so I'll add the following who may be on thin ice:
Kersten (vanilla), Bennell (been said before), Taberner (Hogan and Lobb take his spot), Tucker (the next Sheridan?)

Tabs & Tucker ...surely you jest?

Freo Shark

Invasion of the Purple Haze
Oct 18, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks, Miami Heat, Wildcats, 49ers
Surely we could have traded out Tab, Cam and Tucker pretty easily if so desired. So You can discount those I presume. Its probably a Kersten, Apeness or Jones\Meek. We have Lobb now how many more do we need?

Nodgey

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SDFC, Liverpool, Scorchers
Tabs & Tucker ...surely you jest?

If several players need to be demoted to the RL, then we have better options in the positions these blokes play. Just throwing darts (and likely missing the entire board.)

Surely we could have traded out Tab, Cam and Tucker pretty easily if so desired. So You can discount those I presume. Its probably a Kersten, Apeness or Jones\Meek. We have Lobb now how many more do we need?

Reckon Jones/Apeness the most likely of the rucks.

Purpellian Anchor

Purple Admiralty
Oct 14, 2011
Northam
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hopefully they have something planned as we currently have 4 picks we can't use.

Strange list situation we are in.

Edit: 3 picks we can't use.

If one or both of Carter and Medhat are selected in the draft prior to our later draft picks....would they use one or both picks to counter?

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
If several players need to be demoted to the RL, then we have better options in the positions these blokes play. Just throwing darts (and likely missing the entire board.)

Reckon Jones/Apeness the most likely of the rucks.
Both I reckon. Then one of Apeness or Jones will be redrafted along with Nyhuis to the Rookie list.

Docker44

Rookie
Oct 22, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
If one or both of Carter and Medhat are selected in the draft prior to our later draft picks....would they use one or both picks to counter?

Given the form of both of those players in the back half of the season I doubt they would be looked at before the 4th round or rookie.

Back