List Mgmt. Fremantle FC Contract List/Depth Chart

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2019-02-18/tabs-tables-twoyear-deal

Fremantle have signed Matthew Taberner for a further two-years with the key forward agreeing to a contract extension with the club.

The deal is on top of Taberner’s existing contract for 2019 and will see him at the club until at least the end of the 2021 season.

Taberner said he was thrilled to sign with Freo and is eager to build on a number of promising performances from his 62-game career to date.

“It’s very exciting, I couldn’t be happier,” Taberner said.

“It’s great to have Fremantle showing that faith in me and I really want to repay the club by playing some good footy.

“I’m excited about the direction the club is going in. We’ve got a great core of young to mid-tier players. There’s also some really valuable leaders at the top end, so I think the future is looking really bright.”

Hi Tayl0r

Any chance you could fix the second spreadsheet in the OP. It’s a great resource but is just returning an error for some reason. So much easier to see games played by player in the spreadsheet than googling on other sites.

Many thanks,
Rash

It appears to be working now, interesting that we have the same number of players on zero games as we do that have played over 100 games.

And Mundy, Sandi, Matera, Ballas are 4 of the players, and there is a chance neither will be on our list next year.
Add Stephen Hill perennially injured, are it hard to see us quickly rebound up the ladder. I could be wrong.

As a rule I avoid anyone or anything that prefers West Coast over us but we have to do everything possible to get Tim Kelly next year if he wants to come back to WA
Him with Fyfe and others in midfield would be huge
Cognilio, then Martin, then Kelly.

Cognilio is a free agent which is a big bonus.

Cognilio, then Martin, then Kelly.

Cognilio is a free agent which is a big bonus.

Stephen Coniglio, Tim Kelly then Jack Martin for mine. Those clearances from Kelly are exactly what we need. Coniglio brings the best of both worlds - great clearance player with awesome spread and run. Martin has the skills but doesn’t get enough of it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stephen Coniglio, Tim Kelly then Jack Martin for mine. Those clearances from Kelly are exactly what we need. Coniglio brings the best of both worlds - great clearance player with awesome spread and run. Martin has the skills but doesn’t get enough of it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Kelly will want 600k plus.
We have Fyfe and Blakely already.
Very good player, but not a need for us

As a rule I avoid anyone or anything that prefers West Coast over us but we have to do everything possible to get Tim Kelly next year if he wants to come back to WA
Him with Fyfe and others in midfield would be huge
I think we have no real play for Kelly given his attitude last year. But if WC take him, then we have an increased probability of getting either Coniglio or Martin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bump up the price for kelly to the eagles. Then grab steven. I like it
Geelong posters seem to be indicating that if it comes to a trade they will be looking for a KPF in a trade, with WC having Brander and Williams.

It will be very interesting to see how our situation pans out in that regard. Trading should always be about balancing and strengthening your list, and our list has an imbalance on the plus side in terms of;
  • rucks (Geelong would love an unavailable-must-keep-at-all-costs Darcy, but they definitely want him)
  • KPFs (we could have a situation where Cox, Taberner and Dixon are all worthy of best 22 but can't get a game, which wouldn't be sustainable).

Geelong posters seem to be indicating that if it comes to a trade they will be looking for a KPF in a trade, with WC having Brander and Williams.

It will be very interesting to see how our situation pans out in that regard. Trading should always be about balancing and strengthening your list, and our list has an imbalance on the plus side in terms of;
  • rucks (Geelong would love an unavailable-must-keep-at-all-costs Darcy, but they definitely want him)
  • KPFs (we could have a situation where Cox, Taberner and Dixon are all worthy of best 22 but can't get a game, which wouldn't be sustainable).
Based on Kelly's attitude to a trade last year I would be very reluctant to go after him - if he wants to come to us he comes on our terms and Geelong can go whistle. He said last year he only wanted to go to the Eagles because he wanted success. If he wants to come to us it will be because we have had a good year, in which case the question has to be asked "do we need him".

I'd have him third in line after Jack Martin and Steven Coniglio.

Still don’t get the love for Jack Martin given what he would cost. Former pick #1 with nearly 100 games under his belt, he should be tearing games apart. Seems a handy utility type but really doesn’t excite me too much. Hasn’t shown much improvement since about 2016 - could be too Gold Coastanised by now and would avoid like the plague.

Still don’t get the love for Jack Martin given what he would cost. Former pick #1 with nearly 100 games under his belt, he should be tearing games apart. Seems a handy utility type but really doesn’t excite me too much. Hasn’t shown much improvement since about 2016 - could be too Gold Coastanised by now and would avoid like the plague.
I'd take the risk for pick 20 but you wouldn't catch me offering a first rounder and 600k for him.

He is a good player, just not as good as people thought he was going to be. Do think he would improve in a genuinely good team.

I'd take the risk for pick 20 but you wouldn't catch me offering a first rounder and 600k for him.

He is a good player, just not as good as people thought he was going to be. Do think he would improve in a genuinely good team.
Wasn’t he linked to Essendon? If they continue on their current, we could be a chance! But yeah no more than a second rounder, and even then, wouldn’t be rushing at it. I reckon Sturt could be as dangerous up forward, we don’t really need another back flanker, and he’s not an inside mid.

Wasn’t he linked to Essendon? If they continue on their current, we could be a chance! But yeah no more than a second rounder, and even then, wouldn’t be rushing at it. I reckon Sturt could be as dangerous up forward, we don’t really need another back flanker, and he’s not an inside mid.
Essendon and Port IIRC.

31 Aaron Sandilands retire
40 Scott Jones delist
30 Lloyd Meek delist
2 Griffin Logue 2 year contract
23 Cameron McCarthy 2 year contract
16 David Mundy retire
22 Shane Kersten retire before round 5
19 Connor Blakely 3 year contract
43 Ryan Nyhuis 1 year contract
15 Ethan Hughes 1 year contract
13 Harley Bennell wait and see
24 Tom North 1 year contract
18 Darcy Tucker 2 year contact
45 Tobe Watson 1 year contract
32 Stephen Hill 1 or 2 years
1 Hayden Ballantyne retire
26 Ed Langdon 2 or 3 years
35 Jason Carter 2 or 3 years

31 Aaron Sandilands retire
40 Scott Jones delist
30 Lloyd Meek delist
2 Griffin Logue 2 year contract
23 Cameron McCarthy 2 year contract
16 David Mundy retire
22 Shane Kersten retire before round 5
19 Connor Blakely 3 year contract
43 Ryan Nyhuis 1 year contract
15 Ethan Hughes 1 year contract
13 Harley Bennell wait and see
24 Tom North 1 year contract
18 Darcy Tucker 2 year contact
45 Tobe Watson 1 year contract
32 Stephen Hill 1 or 2 years
1 Hayden Ballantyne retire
26 Ed Langdon 2 or 3 years
35 Jason Carter 2 or 3 years

- Agree on meek, Jones is keep as insurance
- Mundy could go another season, half forward line and a chop out in the middle when he’s bored
- Sandi retire
- ballas retire
- Bennell delist

That’s 4 changes already

I’d give Langdon, tucker 3 years

The rest 1-2 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back