List Mgmt. Fremantle FC Contract List/Depth Chart

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t Gill say pretty Clearly Yesterday there will be no list size cuts in 2020?
I think next year they will keep the main list as is due to the pressure from clubs if the season is extended and drop the rookie list.
If that happened id delist Banfiled, Mccarthy, Matera, Colyer, Giro, Trade Blakely for a draft pick. Mundy possibly to retire. That way we keep Watson and Pina by promoting them. We then have 4 picks in the draft to get Wester, B.Walker for Blakely and our 2nd rounder probably with some change with banking points for next year, PIck 1 and one or two late picks depending on if Mundy retires.. The late pick/picks could then be unused and we basically invite all delisted players and heap of quick utilities who use the ball well or a key defender type that gets overlooked in the draft to train with us and pick the best option. Meek is doing well in practice matches he cant do much more than that.

Last edited:
Did freo ever employ a new list manager or did I miss that news?

Brandon Matera Delist/1 year
David Mundy Retire/1 Year
Hugh DixonDelist
Cameron McCarthy1 Year
Tom NorthDelist
Lachlan Schultz1/2 Years
Luke Valente1/2 Years
Brett Bewley2 Years
Jason CarterDelist/1 Year
Brennan Cox3 Years
Isaiah ButtersDelist
Bailey BanfieldDelist
Tobe Watson1 Year
Dillon O'ReillyDelist
Jarvis PinaDelist
Leno ThomasDelist

How I am expecting it to play out at this point in time, Matera or Carter will go, just depends on which one, Carter has age on his side

Forgot that North and Dixon are rookies right now, means we will have to delist Valente and rookie him probably, or whoever is least likely to get picked up

All depends on Mundy's retirement call I guess

Hopefully the club have seen enough of these lads to make the right decision and not delist a Sam Menengola or Sam Collins. In any borderline call, The youngest player should get the nod to stay on the list

Hopefully the club have seen enough of these lads to make the right decision and not delist a Sam Menengola or Sam Collins. In any borderline call, The youngest player should get the nod to stay on the list

Wouldn’t Menegola and Collins have been delisted anyway given that logic?

Realistically Menegola was on the list three seasons without playing a game after being delisted at Hawthorn. Name a player who doesn’t play an AFL game for 4 years and stays on an AFL list. Very unique situation.

Collins was absolutely terrible in his two games in 2017. It did seem somewhat strange given Zac Dawson was given the boot in the same off season and Johnson was re-signed on a one year deal in full knowledge it’d be his last season.

Brandon Matera Delist/1 year
David Mundy Retire/1 Year
Hugh DixonDelist
Cameron McCarthy1 Year
Tom NorthDelist
Lachlan Schultz1/2 Years
Luke Valente1/2 Years
Brett Bewley2 Years
Jason CarterDelist/1 Year
Brennan Cox3 Years
Isaiah ButtersDelist
Bailey BanfieldDelist
Tobe Watson1 Year
Dillon O'ReillyDelist
Jarvis PinaDelist
Leno ThomasDelist

How I am expecting it to play out at this point in time, Matera or Carter will go, just depends on which one, Carter has age on his side
Carter wouldn't get another year. Same for Matera. McCarthy is 50/50 I reckon.

From JLs presser today, we are leaving about 9 players behind 5-6 LTI and the rest players that won't get contracts.

Going to find out very soon who won't be getting a contract next year

From JLs presser today, we are leaving about 9 players behind 5-6 LTI and the rest players that won't get contracts.

Going to find out very soon who won't be getting a contract next year

With Hogan in no man's land..might leave, apparently angry etc etc.

Is there a chance we keep Dixon as a rookie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where are you getting this? Listening to PR?

Having doubts about Jesse is fair enough but actively cheering for him to fail is a bit sh*t from a fellow Freo supporter.

I'm not cheering him to fail. I was hoping he'd come here to kick a heap of goals. I'm only reiterating what the media is saying that he could be traded.

But when he has played, he's looked a bit suspect in front of the goals. That I'm on the record of saying..and it's true.

When did Leno Thomas get a 3 year contract? Is he on the main list from next season then? Surely you can’t be a cat B or even A rookie on a 3 year contract?

I can't see Hogan being traded. If one of Taberner/Lobb/Darcy get injured he becomes a very important player, and when all are fit it keeps the pressure on them to perform. On a sunny day there's room in the 22 for all 4. What would we expect for Hogan if he did want to leave, pick 25? Better to keep him at that price, and if he plays well in 2021 he's looking at a significant pay cut after his off field issues. We could have a match winner on our list earning $400,000 a season from 2022.

Hopefully another club shows interest in Blakely and we can get a pick in the 40's for him. I had high hopes for Blakely but it isn't working unfortunately, he could be retained as midfield depth but I'd prefer to trade him and retain North and Valente as midfield depth. Hopefully one of those 2 get a run tomorrow.

Only way that trading Hogan makes sense for us is if it guarantee's us McDonald as well as our other picks/academy players. In this case pick 1 or 2 as a minimum. I just don't see Adelaide or North trading their first pick for Hogan.

Going through the list of uncontracted players I guess I would be looking at somthign like the this. IMHO none of these players have shown enough to justify more than 3yrs except Mundy
Mundy -> 1yr contract (age is only reason not longer)
Cox, Schultz -> 3yr contract
Bewley -> Of two minds. Either 2-3yrs or trade (as with Banfield)
Banfield, Watson -> Trade or 2yrs (have shown something but are backup players. If points are needed these are options)
Dixon, North, Pina, Thomans (assuming end contract), Valente -> delist all (1 or 2 may remain depengin on above)

Going through the list of uncontracted players I guess I would be looking at somthign like the this. IMHO none of these players have shown enough to justify more than 3yrs except Mundy
Mundy -> 1yr contract (age is only reason not longer)
Cox, Schultz -> 3yr contract
Bewley -> Of two minds. Either 2-3yrs or trade (as with Banfield)
Banfield, Watson -> Trade or 2yrs (have shown something but are backup players. If points are needed these are options)
Dixon, North, Pina, Thomans (assuming end contract), Valente -> delist all (1 or 2 may remain depengin on above)
Trade Banfield? For what, a pack of training cones. You’d be doing well to even get that for him given every other team will be cutting their lists too!
Schultz and Bewley have one enough for a 1 year extension I reckon. Maybe 2 for schultz..
Thomas and Valente will be given another year I reckon on the rookie list. Possibly Dixon too.
No way should Watson be traded. Potential very solid AFL player with minimal currency right now.

I wish they'd cough up the damn list sizes already and it better not be that low.
Think they are still negotiating with the AFL Player's Association. Clubs are already aware of what the AFL is proposing. Must suck for a player without a contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back