List Mgmt. Fremantle FC Contract List/Depth Chart

Remove this Banner Ad

Wray27

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
So Shultz is still on the rookie list then. Meaning we have 3 on our rookie list with him, Treacy and Banfield and 3 spaces to fill or more if we have less tgan 38 on our main list. (Watson, Thomas and Bewley have been delisted while Hughes has been promoted.) It would surprise me if we didn't delist and rookie Valente who has a contract but that's been done before. Currently S.Hill, Conca, Duman, Giro have been delisted creating 4 spots on our main list not including Cerra. Hughes was promoted but we had an extra rookie last season so our main list has 4 vaccines currently. If Valente is put on the rookie list then decisions on Crowden and Tucker still have to be made. I think Tucker will resign and Crowden probably not. Giving us 6 picks in the main draft before a Cerra trade is worked out so 7 vacancies heading into the trade period.
Crowden told me he was staying!

Phew. I was worried North had already pinched him. Losing a player like that to the PSD where they were negotiating a deal with us only to walk for nothing feels so violating.

I know we did that with McPhee.

We tried to trade for McPhee - Essendon were extremely unreasonable

We tried to trade for McPhee - Essendon were extremely unreasonable
Barlow was training with Essendon prior to the draft and because they lost McPhee they picked up a replacement for him first (Hardingham with the last PSD pick), and we picked Barlow in the rookie draft. So win win. For us

Barlow was training with Essendon prior to the draft and because they lost McPhee they picked up a replacement for him first (Hardingham with the last PSD pick), and we picked Barlow in the rookie draft. So win win. For us

I remember watching Barlow's first scratch match and looking at my Dockerland print out - who the * is that?

Runs like an old lady in high heels chasing a bus but boy could he play

Brennan Cox extends until 2024

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
So the end of result of adding over this off season
Adding
Clark,Brodie, Erasmus, Amiss, Johnson, Benning and Kelm. (one more to add)
Losing
S.Hill, Conca, Duman, Watson, Bewley, Giro, Cerra, L.Thomas
In my opinion that makes our list way more balanced as we had too many defenders and not enough forwards last year while not having enough genuine inside mid depth.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
From the excellent spreadsheet in the OP, it looks like there aren't that many priority signings for guys that have an expiring contract next year either. Pearce, Walker, Logue and Aish would be my four main ones. Perhaps Lobb if he gets his finger out. Sturt if he gets fit. The others are hardly priorities at this stage - old, marginal or unproven.
That's good list management!

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
From the excellent spreadsheet in the OP, it looks like there aren't that many priority signings for guys that have an expiring contract next year either. Pearce, Walker, Logue and Aish would be my four main ones. Perhaps Lobb if he gets his finger out. Sturt if he gets fit. The others are hardly priorities at this stage - old, marginal or unproven.
That's good list management!
Our list is in way better shape in terms structure and depth. We had way too may negating defenders on our list last year. Duman, Watson and Conca gone plus another half back flanker in Hill means that is no longer the case.

The best thing about our first 3 picks is that they should all help fill short term needs at the start of the year and then move into their preferred roles in a few years. Johnson hopefully will be the Mundy replacement but in the short term he could very well start his afl career on a wing and give us a great kick off the wing like Cerra has done a fair bit in the last two years. Amiss can start his career as a third tall while he puts muscle on and we need a quick leading third tall in the shot term. Our forward line also desperately needs a player who can apply pressure and take a mark as a tall half forward. Erasmus can do that in the short term while moving into the middle in a couple of years.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
So the end of result of adding over this off season
Adding
Clark,Brodie, Erasmus, Amiss, Johnson, Benning and Kelm. (one more to add)
Losing
S.Hill, Conca, Duman, Watson, Bewley, Giro, Cerra, L.Thomas
In my opinion that makes our list way more balanced as we had too many defenders and not enough forwards last year while not having enough genuine inside mid depth.
The other list balance positive for me is the local/non-local balance. Not so much with the Ins and Outs, but 4 of our Ins are projected to become core players for us. Midfielders, KPFs and forward/ruck. We will really struggle to progress if we lose those components to go-home factors in a regular basis.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
The other list balance positive for me is the local/non-local balance. Not so much with the Ins and Outs, but 4 of our Ins are projected to become core players for us. Midfielders, KPFs and forward/ruck. We will really struggle to progress if we lose those components to go-home factors in a regular basis.
Picking up 5 WA boys this year (including Clark) and 4 in the main draft the year before could be huge long term.

Ausbenito

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ok what chance are we of getting Cam Zurhaar?
Hasn't signed on at North I think he would be great fit playing around Tabs and Lobb. can it happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey mate, where did you hear about brodie being signed up beyond 1 year?
It was either from Peter Bell or Will himself in that first week of October last year.

An offhand comment in an interview like "...yeah, it's a three year deal" and moved onto discussing something else.

Boomer93

Team Captain
Jun 4, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
It was either from Peter Bell or Will himself in that first week of October last year.

An offhand comment in an interview like "...yeah, it's a three year deal" and moved onto discussing something else.
Every where seems to have him listed as only 2022. I hope you are correct, and we don't have to give him a bumper contract.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I remember reading the 3 year thing but I never found the source again when I was looking a couple months ago

I have vague memory of GC apparently paying 200k of it too but again can't find the source

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
So guys like Rory Lobb, Griffen Logue, Blake Acres, Lloyd Meek and possibly Liam Henry are possibly all being traded.

3 of those 5 blokes played in our recent Elim finals win vs the dogs.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Ok what chance are we of getting Cam Zurhaar?
Hasn't signed on at North I think he would be great fit playing around Tabs and Lobb. can it happen.
Right now... No chance on getting cam Zurhaar.

And this is regardless of Clarkson was the next North Melbourne coach.

Signed a 2 year deal until 2024. At the end of 2024, he becomes a free agent like fellow 2016 draftees in Sean Darcy and Brennan Cox

Rhufus

Senior List
Apr 28, 2021
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Right now... No chance on getting cam Zurhaar.

And this is regardless of Clarkson was the next North Melbourne coach.

Signed a 2 year deal until 2024. At the end of 2024, he becomes a free agent like fellow 2016 draftees in Sean Darcy and Brennan Cox
Taylor
When does the spreadsheet get updated, as contracts are announced or just end of year?. Is it up to date?
Thnx

Remove this Banner Ad

Back