Game Day Fremantle FC: Draft Day

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t wait to see what NOD can do. Imagine if he turns into a 200 game gun, that trade of the future 3rd will have been a masterstroke. Especially pipping the eagles to it.
would draft watchers like Bastyy and Chris25 have NOD better or worse than Deven Robertson last year, as a comparison?
I'd have Robertson (I rated him around 6 or 7 last year?) slightly ahead of him purely because his draft year was better than NOD's (and that's only because he had a carnival to star at). But I do think NOD (Who I rated at 13 this year) has a higher ceiling, especially considering his ability to play on the outside.

As for next years draft, having the first and second intact for 2021 is much better than this years situation where we had the deficit on our first. As shown this year, third and fourth round picks can be got pretty handly on draft night if needed, not to mention the potential of someone being traded out for some draft capital too. Having our own first and second in a strong 2021 draft is massive for us next year.

As for next years draft, having the first and second intact for 2021 is much better than this years situation where we had the deficit on our first. As shown this year, third and fourth round picks can be got pretty handly on draft night if needed, not to mention the potential of someone being traded out for some draft capital too. Having our own first and second in a strong 2021 draft is massive for us next year.
I also don’t think we will take many picks - prob 3 with a bunch of rookie list players some of which we will surely promote.

As an early look for next year I hope we look at van Rooyen at our first pick.

Looking to be a quality Leading KPF. Not to down play Treacy but he plays a different role, and a role we have not been strong in for a while.

Treacy is more your intimidating key forward. Yup we need one of them. :)

Looking to be a quality Leading KPF. Not to down play Treacy but he plays a different role, and a role we have not been strong in for a while.

It's early days, but if we have a decent year Van Rooyen will probably be gone before we pick.

It's early days, but if we have a decent year Van Rooyen will probably be gone before we pick.
So trade up.
Do what we have to get him.
That means trading out our 2022 first round +,you do it
Just “hoping” a good kpf falls in our lap is not going to and has never worked .

It’s taken a loooooong time but going by the last few drafts I’m confident the current list management team are aware of this and will do what needs to be done

I watched VR play about 5 games this year. He's a nice player, hard leading and and a good mark. I'm not sure he's a top 10-15 pick though. Gut feel FWIW I see him late first or 2nd round.

I watched VR play about 5 games this year. He's a nice player, hard leading and and a good mark. I'm not sure he's a top 10-15 pick though. Gut feel FWIW I see him late first or 2nd round.
Agree, that he is a solid KF with a nice mark, leading patterns and a good kick but can't see him being first round.

Agree, that he is a solid KF with a nice mark, leading patterns and a good kick but can't see him being first round.
Way too early to tell either way imo.

I watched almost every Claremont Colts game this year and he was very good for a bottom ager - similarly Matthew Johnson from Subi. Without u18s we don't have a reference point to compare nationally - but looking at u16s and u17s they are definitely capable of being in the first round mix. Will depend on them both continuing on their development trajectory. Like I've said before, O'Reilly looked the same as a bottom ager and then went backwards (which is why I'll never invest fully in a bottom ager ever again).

Will not be surprised to see us trade out our first rounder next year. But if we don't I'm hoping van Rooyen and our ladder position line up (meaning he'll prove he is worth a first rounder but not too high that we can't get him). There was a lot of talk about the partnership of Lane and Western at Claremont Colts but Western also linked up with van Rooyen a heap. In the shorter term I'm expecting some more Vic tall forward talent to put their hands up for the 2021 MSD having missed the chance to prove themselves in 2020.

Way too early to tell either way imo.

I watched almost every Claremont Colts game this year and he was very good for a bottom ager - similarly Matthew Johnson from Subi. Without u18s we don't have a reference point to compare nationally - but looking at u16s and u17s they are definitely capable of being in the first round mix. Will depend on them both continuing on their development trajectory. Like I've said before, O'Reilly looked the same as a bottom ager and then went backwards (which is why I'll never invest fully in a bottom ager ever again).

Will not be surprised to see us trade out our first rounder next year. But if we don't I'm hoping van Rooyen and our ladder position line up (meaning he'll prove he is worth a first rounder but not too high that we can't get him). There was a lot of talk about the partnership of Lane and Western at Claremont Colts but Western also linked up with van Rooyen a heap. In the shorter term I'm expecting some more Vic tall forward talent to put their hands up for the 2021 MSD having missed the chance to prove themselves in 2020.
He was very good playing against boys older than him but he needs more tricks. The first would to be better with second and third efforts and his ground ball work, also needs to work on being more mobile.

There's a lot to work with and I certainly rate him, just not as a first rounder at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They seemed very pleasantly surprised that Pedler went so early. Not sure it was pleasure over them being able to get their man Bruhn or if they didn’t rate Pedler anywhere near as high and were surprised someone would pick him there.
Good to see they rated Chappy highly too.

They seemed very pleasantly surprised that Pedler went so early. Not sure it was pleasure over them being able to get their man Bruhn or if they didn’t rate Pedler anywhere near as high and were surprised someone would pick him there.
It was definitely that they didn’t rate pedlar. It was almost a scoff. Couldn’t believe it. I noticed they had stone above Chapman too.

Thought it was amusing that they highlighted 2 or 3 times in the video how happy Bruhn was to be drafted to GWS after all the social media commentary about his initial reaction!

I wonder who we had rated on our board ahead of Chappy? If we had not suffered any deficit and headed into the draft with pick 8 (sliding to 10 after the JUH and Campbell bids), would we have taken Reid, Pedlar, Stone or Powell instead of Chapman?
There must be a reason Adelaide pulled the trigger on Pedlar at 11? We were interviewing SA talent the day before the draft with Valente and Frederick. I wonder were we going to take Pedlar at 14?

The way I see it is Longmuir has a season to see if any of Chapman, Cox, Treacy or perhaps Hamling or Logue can play a forward role for us. That is a lot of options to sort through. If things are looking positive the draft can just play out as normal, but if the cupboard is looking bare trade or trade up options may be considered. It may be that the forward/ruck option is the better fit (would have loved Neale).

Totally agree, that’s why having both of our 1st and 2nd picks is so important.
Reckon we will finish in or around the bottom of the 8, trade or swap of picks to get a top end KPF next year like van Rooyen.
He is your typical lead up KPF and has a big hoof on him.

Totally agree, that’s why having both of our 1st and 2nd picks is so important.
Reckon we will finish in or around the bottom of the 8, trade or swap of picks to get a top end KPF next year like van Rooyen.
He is your typical lead up KPF and has a big hoof on him.
He's quick and agile, takes marks and kicks goals. There's a lot to like about him.

Harry Highpants at GC looks anything but a footballer & he went number 1 & was leading the Brownlow after his first 3 games, so you might be right.
McGovern, Dane swan. There’s a few

Remove this Banner Ad

Back