Scandal Fremantle forward Cam McCarthy quits club after being told he won’t get a new contract

Remove this Banner Ad

So he wanted to get back to WA so bad he walked out on GWS. Now he likely wont be offered a contract from a WA team, will he retire? Or will he suddenly be ok to play outside WA now?

You wouldn't think any club would be that interested.

Has serious ?? on him and really doesn't have the runs on the board to overlook his flaws. Probably the end of the line for him in AFL terms...

So he wanted to get back to WA so bad he walked out on GWS. Now he likely wont be offered a contract from a WA team, will he retire? Or will he suddenly be ok to play outside WA now?

I know some teams are desperate for forwards. Surely not that desperate though.

Damian Barrett had an absolute crush on this bloke when he was at GWS & tipped him to be the best KPF in the league, be interesting to see what he comes out with now his AFL career is all but over

Being assassinated in the media currently. If it's as bad as they say the bloke is very unprofessional. Who would want him? But then again, every day you see "Virus surges" in Victoria when a totally stable number only a few extra cases than the day before is announced. Who knows what to believe these days?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wants to play for south fremantle in the wafl.
And wouldn't be able to do this while on an AFL list.

So if he wants to show he is capable of playing he needs to play before the drafts, that's only possible in the WAFL at the moment.

No contract next year for Freo, makes sense for him to get busy with next year now.

Good luck to him

He's 25 and a serviceable forward. He'll get a run somewhere else if he wants it.
But they shouldn't.

I can't think of a player who has had professionalism issues in their mid-20s who has been given another chance by another club and had it work out. There are plenty who haven't, though - Mitch Clark, Richard Tambling, Jared Brennan, Nathan Ablett, Colin Sylvia, Harley Bennell can probably go onto that list.

But they shouldn't.

I can't think of a player who has had professionalism issues in their mid-20s who has been given another chance by another club and had it work out. There are plenty who haven't, though - Mitch Clark, Richard Tambling, Jared Brennan, Nathan Ablett, Colin Sylvia, Harley Bennell can probably go onto that list.
The common thread though is they were all given opportunities. I'm not saying it'll work out, just that someone will give him a shot if he wants it.

But they shouldn't.

Mitch Robinson, maybe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back