cormick

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 13, 2007
em dub
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burgers, City
Obviously hate to see any player going down with serious injuy - especially a young gun like Barlow - but his loss with a broken leg from today's match improves our chances of winning or being right in the match tenfold. If we can maintain our recent form in tomorrow's game, I'd love to see the crowd flock to the 'G for a shot at knocking Freo from the top 4!

I know there is no malice in your thread Cormick, but poor timing.
I still feel upset about what I saw today.
Let's talk about the Freo game after we beat the Swans.
Until then, talking about Barlow and Freo is in poor taste I reckon.
They deserve everyone's, and our, respect.

Apologies - I know how hard it can be to have serious injuries, having done my knee twice myself. But the Richmond board has been very quiet of late, so I thought I'd try generate some movement. Feel free to close if deemed inappropriate, mods.

Obviously hate to see any player going down with serious injuy - especially a young gun like Barlow - but his loss with a broken leg from today's match improves our chances of winning or being right in the match tenfold. If we can maintain our recent form in tomorrow's game, I'd love to see the crowd flock to the 'G for a shot at knocking Freo from the top 4!

I really hope not because i don't want to be alone at Etihad !! :D

Sorry RT just couldn't resist - i will now lock again until after todays game !

Will be an interesting one, we're coming off 3 in a row, have just beat a contender for the 8. Now we front up to a top 4 contender who is coming off a hard bruising contest against Port(although they won well). Will be a real test for us to see if the youngsters can keep going or if they have a let down after a month of playing really good footy.

No way we'll beat them, despite losing Barlow (godammit i hated that vision) they are, like us, a team playing with supreme belief, couple that with they fact they're better, we lose.

The important thing to draw from this game will be us sticking with them like we did today, no giving up (which, funnily enough, i'm coming to expect less and less from this outfit)

On a wholly sad note, this will be the first Melbourne game, home or away i'm missing for the season, stuck in Tassie, if i get free hopefully find a pub, i'll be something woeful if i miss a victory.

Tarrant, Grover and Fyfe all injured before or during that game have potential to miss. Especially if Tarrant misses, we'd have to be some sort of show!

I wouldn't write your mob off to early. We will be without Barlow (obviously) and Grover from yesterday. There is also doubt over Fyfe (concussion).
A lot will depend on who we get back. We have Tarrant, Broughton, McPharlin, Mayne and Headland who are all "possibly" fit. Then there is Suban and Ruffles in the WAFL.
Still whoever we put out there they have been putting on a decent show this year much like your team. Should be a good game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tarrant, Grover and Fyfe all injured before or during that game have potential to miss. Especially if Tarrant misses, we'd have to be some sort of show!

Grover definite out with a hamstring strain. Tarrant should return and possibly McPharlin too. Fyfe should recover and Suban is over his injury problems. Fremantle have a lot of sore bodies after Saturday's match, but I would expect most to recover. Interestingly, this is Fremantle's 4th match at Etihad for the season (or 6th including 2 pre-season matches) and only Richmond's 2nd.

I expect us to go pretty well next week and upstage Freo, why you ask, coz we always tend to play pretty well against them and only fell away late in the game last time at Subi, we are a markedly better side now, they are due for a downer...Let's go:thumbsu:
If they're due for a downer, surely we are too?

This game is like the Swans game today. It's a 50/50 call. I can see how they could clip us, but then again, i could see how we could get up for a win. Wait and see who comes back for them. Wish i could go, but working this week end. Hoping it's on FTA tv.

This game is like the Swans game today. It's a 50/50 call. I can see how they could clip us, but then again, i could see how we could get up for a win. Wait and see who comes back for them. Wish i could go, but working this week end. Hoping it's on FTA tv.

:thumbsdown:

15 FREMANTLE SAT Jul 10 Etihad 7.10 HOME FOXTEL

16 NORTH SUN Jul 18 MCG 2.10 HOME 7
17 COLLINGWOOD SAT Jul 24 MCG 2.10 AWAY 10
18 ADELAIDE SUN Aug 1 MCG 1.10 HOME FOXTEL
19 MELBOURNE SUN Aug 8 MCG 2.10 AWAY 7
20 CARLTON SAT Aug 14 MCG 2.10 AWAY 10
21 ST.KILDA SAT Aug 21 Etihad 2.10 AWAY 10
22 PORT Etihad Floating Fixture HOMEMCG• 1

:thumbsdown:

15 FREMANTLE SAT Jul 10 Etihad 7.10 HOME FOXTEL
16 NORTH SUN Jul 18 MCG 2.10 HOME 7
17 COLLINGWOOD SAT Jul 24 MCG 2.10 AWAY 10
18 ADELAIDE SUN Aug 1 MCG 1.10 HOME FOXTEL
19 MELBOURNE SUN Aug 8 MCG 2.10 AWAY 7
20 CARLTON SAT Aug 14 MCG 2.10 AWAY 10
21 ST.KILDA SAT Aug 21 Etihad 2.10 AWAY 10
22 PORT Etihad Floating Fixture HOMEMCG• 1

Bugger (thanks for the heads up), actually considering getting the work roster changed so i can drive up to the game.:thumbsu:

We have a two game buffer. You might beat us but we we'll still be top 4.
Hope you guys fill the Dome and create some real supporter energy. Any game looks better when the seats are packed and the crowd is on fire.

Most of us know where we're at and how both good luck and good management have conspired to see us in 4th spot. Now your team is showing what pressure and belief can bring.
Should be a cracker of a game.

PS. I tipped you today. Gave 8 for the round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back