Review Fremantle Get Done By Richmond by 15 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

It shouldn't be a surprise that when the stoppage clearances are running four to twelve against that the key backs look average to poor.

We missed Darcy, O'Meara and the cohesion of that stable group.
Another inside mid you reckon? 🧐

But who?? And whomever could that player have replaced out of last night’s Freo tackling machine??

Another inside mid you reckon? 🧐

But who?? And whomever could that player have replaced out of last night’s Freo tackling machine??

I think the group we had would be fine, Serong, Johnson, Brayshaw, Fyfe, Jackson is talented.

It's just they've gotten used to Darcy and O'Meara being there now.

I’m not overly devastated with the loss but it’s very frustrating to think any number of small things change and we probably win.

Darcy and JOM play and we win. Even just O’Meara not getting done on a bs tribunal chook lotto, surely the bigger body in the form he was in would help us stop them walking the ball out in the first 5 minutes of the 3rd to blow the lead out.

We capitalise with a couple more goals in the first when we had them on toast, the lead never blows out and we overrun them in the end. 15 pt quarter time margin is the final margin.

The captain doesn’t play like he wears roller skates and we win. So disappointing that his poor performance on a 34 yr old pensioner who isn’t exactly athletic anymore was pretty much the final margin.

And then there’s all the little moments (NOD slipping over turnover goal, Freddy doesn’t pass, Hughes goal review).

If I was in the coaching staff I’d encourage the fact that we still played to win (when we had to at least), a lot of things are working, and our form is still stacking up over the past 6 weeks, just the execution was rusty like the Lions game, and to tighten that up quick smart and the wins will come rolling in again.

Apart from losing the contest, we also were all in, non on the outside again. Just curious why our players need to be told the same thing every week. How hard is it to work out if you are not winning on the inside at least cover the outlets. And if you are getting smashed inside maybe just compete man on man and fight it out for a while.

As for Pearce, Riewoldt simply read it better plus he wasn't standing anywhere near him, and was totally disoriented. We make too many excuses for these guys. We all knew as soon as we saw the weather forecast that we were unlikely to win this week. Fumble fumble fumble. Ignore structures. Bump don't tackle. Don't stop the lead up. Miss shots at goal when the oppo are kicking them out of their you know whats. Just not professional enough as far as I'm concerned. Near enough is always good enough with this mob

We want him to keep his width. We, again, had too many in and none covering the outlet players.
When the ball's there to be won (as in he is literally the only/closest player in the contest for us) he spooks.

Apart from losing the contest, we also were all in, non on the outside again. Just curious why our players need to be told the same thing every week. How hard is it to work out if you are not winning on the inside at least cover the outlets. And if you are getting smashed inside maybe just compete man on man and fight it out for a while
That's coaching.

JL is regularly talking at the breaks about getting tougher in the contest, winning more contest. He doesn't flick the switch to cover the outlets, shift to turnover game, he just expects us to start winning the contest

When the ball's there to be won (as in he is literally the only/closest player in the contest for us) he spooks.
I only saw the first half and about 10 minutes and I didn't see that at all. He isn't an inside bull but he does put on his share of pressure. We really needed to win inside and get it out to him.

It shouldn't be a surprise that when the stoppage clearances are running four to twelve against that the key backs look average to poor.

We missed Darcy, O'Meara and the cohesion of that stable group.

I expected last night's result so I'm not particularly upset or anything, but our understrength midfield was obviously going to be an issue from the start yet we didn't address it. I doubt it would've swung the game but Erasmus should have been selected instead of one of the fwds. Perhaps the club is expecting too much of Fyfe?

I'm afraid, for the first time in my life, I switched it off after the 2nd uncontested mark right in front of goal by Riewoldt against Pearce. The whole thing was just so predictable. And no, I don't care about the fightback. Work started at 5.30.
Can someone tell me who was on Matt Short and whether we were playing a defensive forward on Valustin.
WE didn`t watch the reply of the last quarter Valustin and Broad intercepted with ease, Freddy for one was very poor in making a contest

Also Bolton was allowed to stand five metres off the pack by himself at least three times in the quarter (serong i think was his direct opponent got sucked in to the contest) Shares of the dogs game where Bont killed us JL needs to sort out both areas if we are going to challenge for the top four going forward next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's coaching.

JL is regularly talking at the breaks about getting tougher in the contest, winning more contest. He doesn't flick the switch to cover the outlets, shift to turnover game, he just expects us to start winning the contest
I don't agree with that. The players have been told the same thing every week. Too many inside and keep your width. Yet every week the players start the same way until it is reinforced again at the breaks. .

Hmmm found this early bit of media about the introduction and use of AFL Edge

74a814253c8b5ba543293338399b34c8.jpg

My Buddy is NOD
It didn't get used for the decision because the defender hit the post making it useless for the decision.

WE didn`t watch the reply of the last quarter Valustin and Broad intercepted with ease, Freddy for one was very poor in making a contest

Also Bolton was allowed to stand five metres off the pack by himself at least three times in the quarter (serong i think was his direct opponent got sucked in to the contest) Shares of the dogs game where Bont killed us JL needs to sort out both areas if we are going to challenge for the top four going forward next year
That need to start doing as they are told.

I don't agree with that. The players have been told the same thing every week. Too many inside and keep your width. Yet every week the players start the same way until it is reinforced again at the breaks. .

Then Brayshaw and/or Serong should show the leadership they think they have if they want to be captain and tell the others to clear out of the stoppage.

Yep. Last quarter we had our chances going into 50 but kept getting thwarted by the intercept marks by the two mentioned. Walters coming on helped create the spark but when we started bombing it again he is not going to be able provide that contest needed.

I only saw the first half and about 10 minutes and I didn't see that at all. He isn't an inside bull but he does put on his share of pressure. We really needed to win inside and get it out to him.
He isn't talking about being an inside bull when there are others around. Referring more to when the ball is there to be won, and going at the contest hard is needed

He got smoked by a 34 year old and potentially lost us the game amongst other things. Idk if it's entirely his fault though as our midfield was getting overrun and they were getting good supply to the forwardline. The bye would have also taken away some momentum.

Some can be placed on upfield pressure, the worse ones last night were all on pearce. Losing his feet and his man in the middle of contests. Poor.

He isn't talking about being an inside bull when there are others around. Referring more to when the ball is there to be won, going at the contest hard
Well he certainly did that when he came in off the wing after the centre bounce in occasion and in the backline on other occassions. He doesn't get involved enough yet and probably doesn't move the ball on quickly enough but I don't think his pressure is that bad. I think some people are being unrealistic. I don't like to comment without seeing a replay but that is how I remember it from when I watched it live. Happy to be corrected with evidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back