Review Fremantle Get Done By Richmond by 15 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

It shouldn't be a surprise that when the stoppage clearances are running four to twelve against that the key backs look average to poor.

We missed Darcy, O'Meara and the cohesion of that stable group.
Yeah, maybe but also the ball was coming in at the same pace, location and trajectory for both Pearce and Reiwoldt. He should be at least making a contest with his direct opponent.

Yeah, maybe but also the ball was coming in at the same pace, location and trajectory for both Pearce and Reiwoldt. He should be at least making a contest with his direct opponent.

Pearce was running back to protect the square and Jack just lead into the space the opposite direction. Our structure just fell apart on turnover, it happens.

The one on ones he lost though, that was poor and costly.

What was it, four goals from turnovers basically inside our defensive fifty?

There's the game.
JLO's mantra is that your next moment is your most important and yet we failed a lot of our next moments:
  • Pearce letting Riewoldt get 5 shots on goal
  • Our defence turning the ball over in defence leading to four goals
  • Switta and Jackson missing easy set shots
  • Hughes burning a forward on the lead to kick a point

Pearce was running back to protect the square and Jack just lead into the space the opposite direction. Our structure just fell apart on turnover, it happens.

The one on ones he lost though, that was poor and costly.
Pearce looked injured at one point?

What was it, four goals from turnovers basically inside our defensive fifty?

There's the game.

I think the game was lost in the first quarter when we didn’t take our chances and also Jayden Short having a career night from 60 out.
We played well for about 20 minutes and still almost snatched it, we’re still a young side we’re not going to turn up every minute of every week it’s just how it is.
Nank the tank had a fair input too without Swaggy there, Jackson was never going to get on top in the wet.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The issue I have is, it was creating same issues with the wing when Hughes was also in that role earlier on in the season. We weren't getting much out of it.
The reason why we turned our season around is we were #1 or #2 for contested ball the last few weeks and getting our hands dirty at the contest. Against the Tigers we had none of that and were completely outworked and Henry was one of the worst. He doesn't like to get his hands dirty and wants to play on the outside so become a damaging threat, he hardly looked like a player trying their ultimate to either keep their spot or be an asset for another team in the future, he looked like he was barely going most of the night.

Yeah NOD was bad. His wing was like the Suez Canal last night.

If the ball grazes the back side of the post it is deemed a goal.
I had good view of it and the ball did not hit the post . The ball only just cleared the goal line so it’s trajectory was more downward at that point.
I don’t know why the umpire stayed over the other side of the goal square when the ball was clearly heading towards the other post.
Goal reviews are an utter waste of time and have become farcical. I would much rather have the umpire make a correct or otherwise decision and just accept it as part of the game and get on with it.
Totally agree, if the goal review cant make a decision and just leaves it to the umpires call he should not have a job the following week. If you are going to have the technology make sure it is good enough to make the call.

We want him to keep his width. We, again, had too many in and none covering the outlet players.
I would have preferred he kept the width even more and had embraced the sub vest in the 3rd. Put Banfield on Vlaustin with the sole job not to let him take 3 or 4 intercept marks in the last like he did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the replay and saw the very slightest deflection, looked like it grazed the back of the post but the ball was over the line - is that a goal or even touching the post after going fully over the line is a behind?
No. If it hits any part of the post or padding it’s a point. I thought the same. Umpires call was a point so it has to be clear to be able to overturn.
We can’t hear what the goal ump heard. So move on and win the game with the other opportunities we had.

Matt Johnson: 25 possessions including 12 contested (2nd most for Freo) and 7 clearances (2nd most for Freo).

Nev Amiss: 4.0 on a wet night. Got them on the lead, via contested mark, good body work and general play. No one trick pony like Lobb.

Need to pump games into Erasmus.

Need to sort our wings out. ODriscoll always tantalizes but hasn’t broken through to the level needed. Henry ain’t it. Hughes experiment failed.

Matt Johnson getting 25 disposals for the 1st time in his career is good. If he becomes good enough to average 25 disposals a game, that means the dockers midfield is very good. Serong and Brayshaw are still young.

Dropping these games is going to cost us a bit, but fcuk me we have some guns coming through.
I wont be gutted if freo miss out on finals in 2023.

But looking at the long term view. Yep I agree, the dockers have some young guns coming through.

But I want those Young guns to be ending up helping freo play finals for 4-6 years in a row.

No one complimenting Treacy's game? They asked a lot of him to ruck, play key forward and roam the ground. I thought he played a decent game with 1.1 goals 13 disposals and 6 score involvements. That partnership with Amiss is elite and he is only going to get much better at 20 years old.
well before the tigers game, he has played 5 games and kicked 7 goals and 1 behind.

Crazy that the dockers have some young tall forwards in Tracy, Amiss and Jackson

I think the game was lost in the first quarter when we didn’t take our chances and also Jayden Short having a career night from 60 out.
We played well for about 20 minutes and still almost snatched it, we’re still a young side we’re not going to turn up every minute of every week it’s just how it is.
Nank the tank had a fair input too without Swaggy there, Jackson was never going to get on top in the wet.

Short nailing shots from 60m, just after Switkowski can’t even make the distance from 40m. That stuff is demoralising

Nothing much insightful to add ( there’s a surprise 😜 ) re Saturday night. Frustrating to lose another game on our deck for the 3rd time this year already. One thing I questioned is from kick ins we almost always kicked long to a contest on the wing. We didn’t try to bring it out to the other side at all just for a change. Maybe , in fairness, because of the weather we wanted to gain territory but Richmond certainly varied their kick ins. 🤷‍♂️

Easy to take pot shots at individuals after the game, but I felt our disposal from most players in trying to hit targets, was horrendous all night, except for a few periods of the game.Over kick, under kick, mis the target all together. Kick to a player under pressure from an opposition player close by.
Richmond were able to make forwards breaks from our poor disposal.
We didn't start paying anywhere near our best until half way through the 3rd quarter when I thought Fyfe and Jackson began to have some influence.
Not our best performance for sure.
Just apoint on reporting by Sumich, Peter Players do not kick points, they kick behinds.Points are the numer of goals and behinds added to tgether to make the score. A team kick 10 goals six behinds a total of 66 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back