Fremantle Impressive

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 20, 2001
Adelaide Oval / Anfield
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd,Liverpool, WWT Eagles.
Having my first close look at Freo this year I was very impressed.

The young guys, especially the midfied were very damaging and times and were fast and fit.

In the third quarter, I thought the Crows were gone, and to be honest, a tough holding the ball decision I think against Cook managed to turn the tide and we piled on 5 goals in five minutes.

Hasebly was outstanding and I was very impressed with Siegert, and Brown, although lacking in pace, seems to have football smarts.

From a Crows point of view I though Stenglein limited Bells influence, and though I am sure he got plenty of the ball (havn't looked at teh stats) I didn't think he was too damaging.

Smart clearly beat Longmuir with only one goal, all be it from a very good pack mark.

Bassett als beat Croad, who appart from a few undamaging stats in teh first quarter and in the last when the game was over, really did nothing.

And of course, much to my delight Matthew Clarke gave Simmonds a bath in the ruck (taps wise) and took a screamer!

All in all though, the home ground advantage plus Tyson Edwards' goal kicking made the difference.

I expect Freo to really push for the finals and that we will stuggle to beat them at Subiaco.

Fair comments jars, I agree with you on most points. I don't know if Clarke gave Simmonds a total 'bath' though.

For Freo, i liked the games of Hasleby, Cook, Siegert, Farmer and Brown.

I thought Welsh was pretty impressive. McLeoud was sensational and Hart and Smart were good down back. Oh yeah, and Edwards.

Frank Clarke clearly beat Simmo in the ruck, any supposed advantage there was negated :D

I found Freo's gameplan to be increasingly frustrating but definitely effective, your midfielders all bobbed up with the ball in space and used it reasonably effectively. Your defenders were also very solid and had good games. Certainly a dangerous side with the marking power around the ground and will be tough to beat at home (and particularly in round 22 :p )

Frank Clarke was alright.
I also got a good look at young huckleberry at half time....very frightening almost as frightening as old Pumpkinhead Mcdermott in the commentary box he definately has a face for radio.

He's got a head like a burmese trotting duck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back