Remove this Banner Ad

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
According to The West, Worsfold wants to continue working in footy after his last season with the Bombers this year. Rumour has it that Fremantle are looking to bring him in, whether that be as an assistant or as a head of coaching to mentor Longmuir remains to be seen.

I wanted this to happen last year, is love Worsfold at the club.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Would be a fight between multiple clubs. Would put money on freo due to being in wa.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Sure Longmuir will love him holding his hand...this mentor coaching trend is just rubbish. Just an excuse to get the bloke to the club and make it sound important. Either your the coach or you're not, otherwise stop wasting money.

Do the Lions have a Director of Football / Coaching?

Because that is really the role being discussed for Worsfold at Freo.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

Richmond have Balmes who is highly regarded.

Most if not all clubs have a senior person overseeing the coaching department.

Sauras

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Do the Lions have a Director of Football / Coaching?

Because that is really the role being discussed for Worsfold at Freo.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

Richmond have Balmes who is highly regarded.

Most if not all clubs have a senior person overseeing the coaching department.

"Fremantle will discuss Worsfold as a possible mentor and coaching director for first-year coach Justin Longmuir at season’s end"

So no, that is not the role being discussed.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Sure Longmuir will love him holding his hand...this mentor coaching trend is just rubbish. Just an excuse to get the bloke to the club and make it sound important. Either your the coach or you're not, otherwise stop wasting money.

It seemed to work in Adelaide after the death of Phil Walsh.
I believe Woosha/Neeld was an unofficial arrangement.

I'm very pro Woosha, but Freo need to tread carefully imho. See how this year ends up at the Bombers (not simply the ladder position).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Funds permitting, teams are only one step away from hiring mentors to the mentors.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
"Fremantle will discuss Worsfold as a possible mentor and coaching director for first-year coach Justin Longmuir at season’s end"

So no, that is not the role being discussed.

Can't you read mate?

I said Director of Football / Coaching. That means either the position is called Director of Football OR Director of Coaching.

I'll give you a hint, if you move the words around > Coaching Director and Director of Coaching they mean the exact same thing. :think: :eek:

And mentoring the coaching group is one of the key roles of that position.

Geez.....it's not hard!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back