Autopsy Fremantle lose to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I was sitting directly in line with that boundary in the top stand with a better view than just about anyone. It was the spot the kick was taken from which was firing up me and everyone around us. We couldn't understand how it was brought forward 15-20m from where it crossed the line. Good to see some commentators saw it too. Complete clusterfluke. 4 x 50/50 or wrong decisions in a row to change the result of a game within 15s. Surely that is a new AFL record. Funny how it pretty much always involves us when this kind of miraculous sh5t goes down. I've had enough. Will be some weeks I think 'til I can bother to involve myself again. We keep talking about a clean out in our SC dept. The AFL really needs to do something about their umpiring dept. and systems, scheduling, etc. You really shouldn't notice them but yet we do, week after week. If in doubt, don't blow it out should be the new motto. I know JLo and Bell are a lot more professional than I am but I would love them to make a stand and say, right that's not good enough, if you list that ump for our game again, we won't be taking the field until changed. Put them on notice we are sick of putting up with this sh5t. Might remind them who on the field are the most important people. That is all. Actually, FU AFL and FU Freo for just bending over again and again. Your supporters don't appreciate it.

umpiring debacle aside we were simply murdered in the middle of the ground. Curnow, Cripps and Walsh did as they pleased. Clearly Sleeves is playing the development game here but that was the root cause of the loss.

Anyone who thinks Connor Blakely is of AFL quality is kidding themselves. He can burrow in and shovel out a handball but that is it. He is a liability with ball in hand. He knows it, his team mates know it and it effects decision making (see Hughes kick late in the game).

We are in desperate need of more small/medium potency up forward. Schultz isn't the answer, Fredricks needs more time at the lower level. We seemed to have partly solved our Tall Forward issue. Next step is surrounding Tabs/Lobb/Fyfe with potency and ground level

Sturt will make a huge difference. Young Henry is the other ace in the pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's perfectly reasonable to note, complain and bemoan that the eagles are consistently better than us at almost everything. As for the la la la rant, nah nah nah

If Fremantle had the $50,000,000+ cash reserves of the West Coast Eagles I'd be pushing for an investment fund with that money that former players can buy into that will pay them a dividend for the rest of their lives.

For example, Adam Cerra signs a five year extension for $150,000 a year less - but he gets to buy a unit share of the Fremantle Investment Fund after football for $20 that will pay him $25,000 a year for the rest of his life.

If Fremantle had the $50,000,000+ cash reserves of the West Coast Eagles I'd be pushing for an investment fund with that money that former players can buy into that will pay them a dividend for the rest of their lives.

For example, Adam Cerra signs a five year extension for $150,000 a year less - but he gets to buy a unit share of the Fremantle Investment Fund after football for $20 that will pay him $25,000 a year for the rest of his life.

Sooooo cheating?

Pretty sure that's cheating.....and not even subtle cheating

A lot of Freo fans do want us to be a lot more like West Coast or Hawthorn.

I'm aware of lots of players being involved in property syndicates that provide additional sources of income. Theoretically that's all at arm's length though, they're not getting a 10% share of a $10 million project for a hundred bucks.

Given our president is a property guy, i'd be astounded if some of our players weren't given the same investment opportunities.

Pretty sure that's cheating.....and not even subtle cheating
It's rampant throughout the industry.

The AFL only adapted their rules after Chris Judd's $300,000 environmental officer role at a cardboard factory tipped him into Carlton instead of to Richmond, and they only did that because Carlton had been cheating the salary cap the decade before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was sitting directly in line with that boundary in the top stand with a better view than just about anyone. It was the spot the kick was taken from which was firing up me and everyone around us. We couldn't understand how it was brought forward 15-20m from where it crossed the line. Good to see some commentators saw it too. Complete clusterfluke. 4 x 50/50 or wrong decisions in a row to change the result of a game within 15s. Surely that is a new AFL record. Funny how it pretty much always involves us when this kind of miraculous sh5t goes down. I've had enough. Will be some weeks I think 'til I can bother to involve myself again. We keep talking about a clean out in our SC dept. The AFL really needs to do something about their umpiring dept. and systems, scheduling, etc. You really shouldn't notice them but yet we do, week after week. If in doubt, don't blow it out should be the new motto. I know JLo and Bell are a lot more professional than I am but I would love them to make a stand and say, right that's not good enough, if you list that ump for our game again, we won't be taking the field until changed. Put them on notice we are sick of putting up with this sh5t. Might remind them who on the field are the most important people. That is all. Actually, FU AFL and FU Freo for just bending over again and again. Your supporters don't appreciate it.

Monday and still angry and in disbelief at how one Moron Umpire can Fu×*k up a teams Season in 20 seconds

I think it was lost just after qtr time really.
We lost control of the midfield, and only kicked two goals in 3 quarters.
We need more reliable goal kickers.
Serong to forward line as a small forward, and bring in valente to midfield.
Get rid of Shultz

Schultz and Blakely aren't AFL quality right now, plain and simple. You could put Frederick there too, but he just needs to build some form. Reckon Lachie and Connor are on the chopping block come season's end potentially.

Exactly. Why would any of us be here otherwise? :)

Yeah, I'd be devastated if we didn't get shafted by the league on a regular basis, and had just won 5 flags in a row :)

I've been a Wildcats fan since 1987 and I seem to be ok with their level of success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back