Autopsy Fremantle lose to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the way the old rule was written but the way it is written now is extremely vague and just seems to leave it to the umpire on where they want to pay it.

It actually states the location of the ball. The 2nd bit about where if it happens outside the field of play then the point is the boundary closest to the incident isn't relevant, that's for free kicks that are paid outside the field of play, eg if you slam your opponent into the fence.

Rules are so inconsistent, those late decisions just highlight everything about umpiring interpretations. If Doherty kick is downfield then so should Conca's have been one just a couple of minutes earlier. When Serong handballs to a teammate and then is taken out of the next contest, the correct decision is a 50m penalty downfield...not just a whistle blow to indicate advantage. These are just the decisions in the last 5 minutes.

The holding the ball decision against Casboult (i think it was) in the last quarter was abominable. The free kicks we got for goal in the first quarter were very soft and should have been play on.

It actually states the location of the ball. The 2nd bit about where if it happens outside the field of play then the point is the boundary closest to the incident isn't relevant, that's for free kicks that are paid outside the field of play, eg if you slam your opponent into the fence.
SO what happens these days if a player gets hit after disposing of it and it goes through the points on the full, do they still take it back to where he kicked it from as they cant give a free on the point line.

2 from memory. Newnes obviously, and McKays (for front on contact).

The others were snaps from Cotterell, Casboult (out of the ruck) and Walsh.

The Newnes one was soft (but there) and McKays was definitely there.

You blokes got two gifts in the first quarter (against Weitering which was soft at best, and against Jones which was not there) so at best it's even.

Cotterills came after a Cripps throw. Or are you just ignoring that?

SO what happens these days if a player gets hit after disposing of it and it goes through the points on the full, do they still take it back to where he kicked it from as they cant give a free on the point line.

Very good question. The rule used to be clear, now it's simply "where the location of the ball is". I can only assume the answer is yes, but that's based on common sense more than any reading of the rule.

Knew this would happen when the debate shifted
A) The AB free kick was bullshit, as JL said, "I would tell Andy to do what he did every time." He jumped to smother and touched him in his chest as he came down. Its not NBA where you cant land in their area, that call is NEVER made.
B) We had two in the back free kicks made in the act of, or after kicking that are paid down the ground EVERY time, except these two.

It was complete bullshit and nothing will change my mind. Carlton peeps coming to our board to try to say otherwise is insanity when you know that board would be in meltdown if it was the other way around

Will be interesting to see if the AFL admit the errors.
Fat chance.

hZZkRju.jpg

Do any Freo supporters think it was actually a free to begin with, regardless of where it should have been taken?

Also, while I can understand the Tabs one being paid, there were several very similar not-paid all night

Nobody can justify it was a free-kick and I will fight anyone who says otherwise. Brayshaw is in the air jumping to smother the ball and comes down and braces for the contact from the bloke running into him. Unless he can somehow defy the law of physics, the contact was unavoidable.p.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering Carlton fans keep glossing over it, how was Casboult not penalised here? That is as clear of a push in the back in a ruck contest you will see and the ump just says no.

Some Carlton nuffie on Reddit in the match thread just said Casboult was stronger when I mentioned it at the time. Flog.

when you know that board would be in meltdown if it was the other way around
and i’d be willing to bet the similar posters would be calling for bans for any Freo visitors as well

For once can we not just bend over and take it from the VFL. Longmuir you had the chance to say something in the media and all you can do is say oh well we will learn our lessons. This is why the VFL will continue to ream us week in week out because we never challenge any decisions they make
Whats he suppose to say?
Yeap it was a mistake at the end by the ump.
So he complains then everyone says ..u kicked 5 goals for the game 2 of which were wrong decisions.
Frro was stiffed at the end. Carlton were stiffed at the start.

What errs me is the professionalism. These times I would love to have a president such as Eddie or Kennett and just go off in the media. We’re going to take this as a club? Just hold them accountable, and I’m sure the club will pay the fine. At least Gillian gets defensive trying to defend that crap.

Whats he suppose to say?
So he complains then everyone says ..u kicked 5 goals for the game 2 of which were wrong decisions.
DetailedAdvancedCutworm-size_restricted.gif

Whats he suppose to say?

Just seriously piss off. The entire Freo board should all turn up after the next Carlton loss and give advice on your board.

How would that go?

I have been a reader of this forum for 5+ years, I have never posted, I just like reading the posts. I live in Victoria, and am stuck in the house right now. I am a grown man with kids that doesn’t get carried away like I used to..

But that, that was shocking. We DESERVED to lose, but not like that. That is shocking. I need to let it out. And the AFL just advertise “how good of a kick it was”. That’s not right. That was robbery. I hope the umpires got abused out there.
well ap

What errs me is the professionalism. These times I would love to have a president such as Eddie or Kennett and just go off in the media. We’re going to take this as a club? Just hold them accountable, and I’m sure the club will pay the fine. At least Gillian gets defensive trying to defend that crap.

Only the big Vic clubs or eagles are allowed to do this.
Anybody else will get beaten down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back