mattis117

Premium Platinum
Aug 20, 2010
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester City
Ouch, s**t way to lose, de ja vu to last season.

Think the blues were slightly better, can't expect to win many with five goals despite the conditions.

Few guys clearly unable to match their recent performances, Fyfe, too many mistakes, Walters no impact, Serong down on recent performances, Crowden had no impact.

I'm bloody tired of getting wet footy every goddam week too, that has to be taking a toll as well.

Incredible kick to win too. Well played Carlton.

YelloMit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Get Duman out. Freddy will be nice in the future, but he's not doing enough right now.

Blakely needs to be more composed with his disposal. ******* annoying how inconsistent he is.

Walters needs to stop playing for frees and actually GET THE BALL.

Ryan is a god send and if we lost him for the year, we'd be ****ed.

Fyfe needed to play in the middle more when Carlton made their run. He was wasted at FF.

Barls_7

Senior List
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
That was a bad performance.

We looked all over them the first quarter and parts of the second. Last half they were always in the right position, especially their defenders and mids. Pressure really dropped off as well.

Our defence was good, but left to do way too much.

I don’t recon we should play blakely. He has the worst skills in the side, and he tries busting through packs like he’s fyfe when he isn’t. Was lucky to not get multiple holding the balls...

I like Frederick. Maybe he could use a spell? I’d like to see him again next weekend if it’s dry.

Our young mids and senior players didn’t step up when it mattered. Theirs did...
Not the end of the world. I’d like to see a solid response next weekend!

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
We lost it in the dying seconds last year against Carlton too and it broke our season.
Finals contention is likely out now too, unless we win the majority of our remaining matches.

I'm furious, but we should have been further in front. We took a great first quarter lead and played dead average football the rest of the night whereas Carlton were constantly on the hunt.

I stated after the one change that a massive mistake was made (and a few others did too). Anyone could see in the last quarter against the Hawks we were wiped out. It was a perfect opportunity to blood Henry, North and Valente and rest a few exhausted players.

I'm still more optimistic and 2020 than 2019, but this was mostly an avoidable loss if better preparations had been made throughout the week.

Outshined

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Carlton deserved it in the end, regardless of how they got the winning goal. We were pretty ******* awful for most of the game. Can't complain too much only showing up for a third of the game. Our scoring power has really diminished this last month.

Young mids got soundly beaten today. Hopefully they can respond next week against Sydney. Defence performed admirably, forwards aside from the GOAT Tabs...meh.

Some dry weather footy would be nice. Either that or learn how to play in the wet.

A step back tonight and a return to the eternal mantra, there's always next week.

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
Ouch, sh*t way to lose, de ja vu to last season.

Think the blues were slightly better, can't expect to win many with five goals despite the conditions.

Few guys clearly unable to match their recent performances, Fyfe, too many mistakes, Walters no impact, Serong down on recent performances, Crowden had no impact.

I'm bloody tired of getting wet footy every goddam week too, that has to be taking a toll as well.

Incredible kick to win too. Well played Carlton.
Stiff, free kick wasn't there.
The shot to win was the best I've seen.
It cost me a 350 dollar multi so I'm feeling some of your pain.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Credit to Carlton, after quarter time they were slightly better than us and absolutely killed us in the stoppages to the point that it actually looked like we were allowing them to win them they were doing it so easily.

It’s a shame that the end and the result had to be marred by a howler of a mistake by the umps but what a magnificent kick by Newnes! All credit to him for taking the gift and making the most of it.

We just weren’t good enough and the first time for a few weeks we had some passengers. Our mids toiled hard but we’re easily beaten at the stoppages and our forwards other than Tabs we’re crap. Crowden was dreadful, Schultz not much better. Bewley invisible for a wingman, how does that work? Lobb was weak in the contests. Walters totally ineffective. Serong and Fredrick well beaten. Hughes terrible. Mundy beaten after quarter time.

noise36

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’m confused, was the down the ground there? Or was it crazy bullshit? I was at the game and am still confused

No the rules state it should have been paid at the infringement.

Not only are the umpires cheats they are incompetent.

That said we were lucky to be in front at that point, got slaughtered in the midfield for most of the game.

Back