Autopsy Fremantle lose to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
This is why every centimetre is so important. We should always man the mark as well as we can and scrap tooth and nail for ground position. We're too lazy and soft at times in these areas.
100% this. When you look at the really good sides (talking Richmond, Eagles, Hawthorn at their best) they manned the mark AGGRESSIVELY - often pushing the boundary of 50m very close. The most I have seen from our guys is the silly whirling dervish action they had going on early in the year.

I'm not sure whether this is lack of fitness or lack of direction, but this is a really simple thing that should be enforced on everyone in the team every time. Failure to do so allows teams to play on quickly and in the case on Saturday, to steal a huge advantage.

When I am king of the world this will be my first mandate.

Yeah I think so. I remember him scragging Mods the most though.

It happened to him all game every game, though. If he played with the rules in place today, he would have easily been good for 100+ a season.

We were gifted two ridiculous goals in the first qtr then only kicked 3 for the match off our own boot. Not good enough considering the dominance we had in the first half.

They were gifted 2 ridiculous goals from non-calls our way in the 2nd then only kicked 3 for the match off their own boot (2 if you don't include the last kick).

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
Check out umpire Jacob Mollison’s Wikipedia page!
His nickname is of all things Animal! The West is saying the umpire at fault was not him but David Harris, his nickname according to Wikepedia is Spud!! Go figure!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Mmm, animal and spuds. A good combination on a dinner plate, but as umpires not so much. Hope the other guy is nicknamed gravy.

They can't reverse the decision even if they do find out that it was wrong

Technically they could since they reversed the sirengate match outcome. The AFL have the power to do it but they won't ever change a result due to umpire error.

SlowAndOld

Rookie
Apr 9, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
100% this. When you look at the really good sides (talking Richmond, Eagles, Hawthorn at their best) they manned the mark AGGRESSIVELY - often pushing the boundary of 50m very close.
If Fremantle did this we would have 50m paid against us almost every time.
Do the good sides get away with it because they are good sides or are they good sides because they get away with it?

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
When I umpired A grade ammos for a number of years as a league field umpire we had experienced boundary umpires in the league who would point out where it crossed the line and stand by their decision.
Why didn't you rise to AFL ranks so like West Coast, Freo could have a man on the inside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back