Autopsy Fremantle lose to Dees by 54pts

Remove this Banner Ad

Commiserations on the loss. Here are your midfield frequency stats for the match - if you haven't seen one of my posts before this is an overall summary of how often players were lining up as one of your 5 mids at centre bounces.

There were 23 bounces

B.Hill 18 wing
Langdon 14 wing
S.Hill 14
Sheridan 13 (12w, 1i)
Mundy 12
Neale 11
Tucker 6 (5i, 1w)
Walters 6
Banfield 5
Brayshaw 5 (4i, 1w)
Matera 5
Giro 4
Cerra 2

Rucks:
Darcy 15
Apeness 8

Notes:
Brad Hill back to his usual spot at the top of the list.
Stephen Hill's first appearance in your top 6 mids in an analysed match this season.

Commiserations on the loss. Here are your midfield frequency stats for the match - if you haven't seen one of my posts before this is an overall summary of how often players were lining up as one of your 5 mids at centre bounces.

There were 23 bounces

B.Hill 18 wing
Langdon 14 wing
S.Hill 14
Sheridan 13 (12w, 1i)
Mundy 12
Neale 11
Tucker 6 (5i, 1w)
Walters 6
Banfield 5
Brayshaw 5 (4i, 1w)
Matera 5
Giro 4
Cerra 2

Rucks:
Darcy 15
Apeness 8

Notes:
Brad Hill back to his usual spot at the top of the list.
Stephen Hill's first appearance in your top 6 mids in an analysed match this season.

Do you count this manually or is there a stats place for this? (I ask because I was considering going through the game and noting the trio at each centre bounce attendance)

Yeah I've been a bit critical on Alex, but I think he's just finally hit his ceiling this year in terms of his match fitness. Should be stoked that he's played 14 games this season. That's the MOST games he's played in a single season, albeit after nearly 2 seasons out. At least his first half of the season showed a lot of great signs. Not that he can't replicate it again this year, but after another pre-season and thanks to a wealthy amount of minutes played this year we can be excited about seeing that as his normal next season.

Ok lets just stick with the same list then, Lets not bother trying to improve it and bring in more talent :straining:
That's patronizing, and taking what the other comment said out of context. At the end of this year our focus needs to be completing the list turn-over, not getting older talent in before we're ready for it.

Freo still need to move on Johnson, Pearce, Ballantyne, and Sandilands. Mundy will go around at least once more, but moving on those four would be sufficient to say the cycling towards a younger profile is completed. We've really only just started to move forwards again after bottoming out in '16 and '17. We should be looking at making aggressive trades and FA acquisitions around 2020 and beyond.

That isn't to say we won't be active this year though, as there are clearly players to target - I'm only saying that it should not be the focus. We are obviously strongly linked to guys like Kelly, the McGoverns, Hogan etc, and of course if we land them, great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back