Autopsy Fremantle lose to Essendon at first ever outing at superhero stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Not unexpected. If you can't score you can't win. We play the other parts of the game ok but the forward line is almost completely dysfunctional.
We are setting up around Hogan and although he's trying his heart out he's not very effective. Taberner and Cox are giving us nothing, Matera is the only consistently dangerous forward we have.
If we hadn't got a few soft frees at the end we wouldn't have made it to 50 points. The only goals we score in the second half pretty much were from frees. We can't manufacture them from our normal play.
Interesting that the only game we've kicked a big score was without Hogan.

Not much different than the Derby. Absolute dog s**t skills which makes this game-plan look either look hot or cold. It looked like half the team had never handled a footy before tonight.

I don't want to hear this "no need to practice skills" bull-shite from Ross or anyone at the club anymore.

Some of the individual mistakes and decisions were just woeful.
Taberner dropping 2 chest makes 30m out in the 2nd quarter. Hughes did the same and dropped one in the final minutes.
1 goal 3 in the 3rd and 2 OOBOTF. Kicking to Walters 1 on 1 in the pocket.
Just so many mistakes and moments that cost us.
Mundy being our best is so sad.
Nothing positive to take out of that game.
Cerra, Brayshaw, Switta and Cox had no influence.
If we weren't appalling we would have won.
Unfortunately we're an appalling football team at the moment.

That was just s**t. Need change ASAP.

Back to the old Freo we know and love. Yay.

Can't score, can't kick, can't handball, can't mark.

Wtf is even happening forward of centre. No structure and no system. Forwards all lacking confidence and no one wants to kick a bloody goal.

Went to the game, dead set pathetic. Our lack of any forward structure is an embarrassment, truly unbelievable that this bomb it long s**t is still happening in 2019. Umpires were against us, but we didn't deserve to win anyway.

Cox
Walters
Hogan
Switta (only young, but his lack of forward pressure and poor decision making)
Langdon
Didn't rate Hills game at all
Alex Pearce turning it over in crucial moments, great defender by horrendous kicking tonight

Why the f**k was the ball being kicked on Cerra's head?!?!
I usually defend Freo to death, but can't find it in me this week

Yep easy to sound like its a dummy spit and just overreacting but I'm seriously about done with Fremantle at the moment. They became my team the day they were announced and I'll be a Freo fan until the day I die but this **** just feels endless, poor skills, poor scores, beaten by poor sides and too little to build belief that a change is coming. And Fremantle badly needs change at this point.

Last edited:
Not unexpected. If you can't score you can't win. We play the other parts of the game ok but the forward line is almost completely dysfunctional.
We are setting up around Hogan and although he's trying his heart out he's not very effective. Taberner and Cox are giving us nothing, Matera is the only consistently dangerous forward we have.
If we hadn't got a few soft frees at the end we wouldn't have made it to 50 points. The only goals we score in the second half pretty much were from frees. We can't manufacture them from our normal play.
Interesting that the only game we've kicked a big score was without Hogan.
Tabs did some good stuff but wasn’t getting possessions in dangerous positions. Cox was incredibly bad, we should drop him and see how Jesse/tabs/Lobb go with more room to move

Yeah I have long been on here asking for evaluation over a block of games and from what I've seen so far, I cant see how Ross takes us anywhere, its time for new blood.

After watching a few games today then watching us, its indescribable how bad our forward entries and structure are. Its disgusting and soul sucking to watch, and its a combination of factors

1) 3 key forwards with the combined confidence of a depressed teenager starting at a new school
2) a complete inability to lead or create space
3) Even if we do find space there is an 80% chance the kick is missed anyway, leading back to point 1

That was a truly disgusting performance and its heart-wrenching to have gone so far backwards since GWS for absolutely no apparent reason.

Could get flogged by Brisbane next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t see the game but I thought we should’ve won. Disappointing that we couldn’t get the job done. Essendon aren’t that good.

Also starting to get really annoyed with Walters. He's more interested in playing for frees than playing for the ball nowadays. His second efforts are non-existent too.

Seriously wondering when this idiot will realize he's the new Lindsay Thomas and umpires are going to intentionally not pay frees for him. Idiots needs to ******* grow up and start playing football again

It's weird but even when we are running the ball foward from their defence I don't even feel like we are going to score. I'm getting so used to not scoring from foward 50 entrys that I find myself browsing on my phone rather than watching a possible goal haha

Seriously wondering when this idiot will realize he's the new Lindsay Thomas and umpires are going to intentionally not pay frees for him. Idiots needs to ******* grow up and start playing football again
I have no idea if his knee issues have meant that he's lost some agility in tight, in the contest, but it's still not an excuse.

I'll watch him next week and count how many seconds he stays on the turf after he's run head first into each opposition player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back