Fremantle Players on the market.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ok just seeing what people would be willing to give up for these players.
Firstly the players I cant see being at the club next season.

Trent Croad (Everybody knows his short comings/strenghts)

Ben Cunningham (Small midfielder)

Anthony Jones (Reliable defender pushed out by polak and mcpharlin)

Steven Koops (highly skillful backman/forward replaced by the likes of woods and hayden)

Andrew Siegurt (Classic tagger)

Scott Thorton (Middle sized backman)

These are players I would trade if the right deal was offered.

Simmonds (Seems to have been replaced by Sandilands, I want to keep him but the shortness of ruckmen in the comp means his value would be high)

Hadrill (Polak and McPharlin down back means he is probally tradeable but again only for the right deal.)

Waterhouse (You guys will probally offer jack so I would prefer to keep him)

Would love Simmonds down at Bomberland.....maybe we could send Longy down to negotiate a deal? ;)

Originally posted by sabre_ac
Ok just seeing what people would be willing to give up for these players.
Firstly the players I cant see being at the club next season.

Trent Croad (Everybody knows his short comings/strenghts)

Simmonds (Seems to have been replaced by Sandilands, I want to keep him but the shortness of ruckmen in the comp means his value would be high)

Heath Black + 2nd Rounder + 3rd Rounder for Simmonds + Croad?

Negotiable :)

Hate to lose Heath, but I've been told that his missus has returned to Perth. I hope he stays, but if this offer was on the table, I'd take.

Simmonds is a tough call. I'm sure he would attract a lot of interest.

I'll give you pick 20 and Nathan Brown for Jeff Farmer and Trent Croad.

Originally posted by sabre_ac
Nah cant see him going anywhere, he created allot this year.
I thought it was good year.

He could have had one kick for the year and you would have thought he had a good year.

From what I've heard (and am still hearing), there is every chance he will ask to be traded back to Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell
He could have had one kick for the year and you would have thought he had a good year.

From what I've heard (and am still hearing), there is every chance he will ask to be traded back to Melbourne.

Well put armstrong and a pick on the table and we will start talking.

Originally posted by no1bankteller
How about WCE no 1 pick (#11) for a Freo #1 pick (#12?) and Koops. This way Freo can draft Surjan and we can get Burgess and Koops?

How do you know Fremantle wouldn't take Burges at #11? I still suspect the whole Burges thing is a beat up.

Originally posted by RIPPER_46
Doig Medal for starters.

ROFL

I'd love to see Kerr at Fremantle and Roger Kerr coaching the South Fremantle league side next year and on top of that Surjan drafted to the Dockers with pick 12.

Oh happy days :D :D :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by Sera
How do you know Fremantle wouldn't take Burges at #11? I still suspect the whole Burges thing is a beat up.

Either way we end up with a good draft choice and Koops and Freo get the first choice..its a good strategic move as it means that we retain a 1sr round pick and get Koops the only thing we lose is the ability to choose beofe Freo...

These types of drafting manuvers are very populer in NBA and I do not see why they could not be effective in AFL...

Originally posted by no1bankteller
Either way we end up with a good draft choice and Koops and Freo get the first choice..its a good strategic move as it means that we retain a 1sr round pick and get Koops the only thing we lose is the ability to choose beofe Freo...

These types of drafting manuvers are very populer in NBA and I do not see why they could not be effective in AFL...

Because Koops is a much better player than that and is worth more than a draft pick 'upgrade' - ie. not even a draft pick.

You be on heavy drugs me thinks.

And Sabre... Simmonds and Hadrill on the trade market :rolleyes:

Don't think so. Koops is borderline insanity too. Our list doesn't need that much except experince playing together and some development (and some in-and-under midfielders). No need to get too excited.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back