Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 17, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Rockets
IMG_0190.jpg

No McCarthy? No problem. Kevin Durant looks to be that perfect key forward we've been looking for - 206cm, long arms, most skillful hands in the world, athleticism for days, could literally buy the league if he wanted to and just all-around good bloke.

Jeremy Lin will sell more jerseys than the rest of the AFL combined, with part proceeds rumoured to fund all our supporters trips to Melbourne.

Thank you Category B rookie system. #InBondWeTrust

EDIT: Jeremy Lin Freo jerseys now sold out.

Pass on Linsanity but Durant is an interesting prospect. Will need to put some bulk on Durant though.

I like where you’re coming from with regards to Kevin Durant.

However, one minor issue I can see is the moderate pay cut Durant would have to take to fulfil his lifelong dream of pulling on the purple chevrons and playing alongside Pav and Fyfe.

Durant’s contract for 2015/16 is $US21 222 850.

Based on today’s exchange rate ($A1=$US0.71) that equates to $A29 889 929pa or $A81 666 per day (remembering to factor in the leap year).

As a Category B rookie he would receive a base salary of $57 100pa.

If he’s promoted to the senior list his base salary jumps to $63 460pa (pro-rata from when he’s promoted to the senior list, which I think you’ll agree is fair).

Of course he’d also receive match payments of $3 605 per game and a further bonus of $3 360 for playing 1-5 games, another $3 360 for playing 6-10 games and yet another $3 360 if he plays 11+ games.

Still leaves him a little short of his NBA salary (by roughly $A29.7million) but if he’s that keen to run around the hallowed Subi Oval turf he just might go for it.

U5i42kb.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, Shaq! Gotta say I love listening to Shaq and Barkley and the others on that panel. Good mix, and perfect example of how to use the "boy's club" to NOT commentate the actual game, but provide entertainment at half time or before/after the game.

Anyway, I think Durant is listed at 6'9" ... but general consensus is that he is an inch or two taller. The guy is almost the same height as Sandilands. It's insane to see how he moves. Too skinny for AFL though, do not want.

Anyone think the boys have a bet going on who can get the biggest sports star to do a Freo promo?

Yeah the guys through the states and Europe seem to be on sport junkets, from nba to premiere league and rugby World Cup. I'd say Croz has got it though but I suppose if you like the premier league deboers guys might edge ahead.

Haha, Shaq! Gotta say I love listening to Shaq and Barkley and the others on that panel. Good mix, and perfect example of how to use the "boy's club" to NOT commentate the actual game, but provide entertainment at half time or before/after the game.

Anyway, I think Durant is listed at 6'9" ... but general consensus is that he is an inch or two taller. The guy is almost the same height as Sandilands. It's insane to see how he moves. Too skinny for AFL though, do not want.

Sir Charles and Shaq are always fun.

I like where you’re coming from with regards to Kevin Durant.

However, one minor issue I can see is the moderate pay cut Durant would have to take to fulfil his lifelong dream of pulling on the purple chevrons and playing alongside Pav and Fyfe.

Durant’s contract for 2015/16 is $US21 222 850.

Based on today’s exchange rate ($A1=$US0.71) that equates to $A29 889 929pa or $A81 666 per day (remembering to factor in the leap year).

As a Category B rookie he would receive a base salary of $57 100pa.

If he’s promoted to the senior list his base salary jumps to $63 460pa (pro-rata from when he’s promoted to the senior list, which I think you’ll agree is fair).

Of course he’d also receive match payments of $3 605 per game and a further bonus of $3 360 for playing 1-5 games, another $3 360 for playing 6-10 games and yet another $3 360 if he plays 11+ games.

Still leaves him a little short of his NBA salary (by roughly $A29.7million) but if he’s that keen to run around the hallowed Subi Oval turf he just might go for it.

U5i42kb.png

If we throw in a Holden it might get him in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back