Fremantle to wear purple jumper and white shorts for away games

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe we've pulled it out again :sick:
I'm hoping that the uniform manager made a mistake, as opposed to this monstrosity being planned.

Didn't know whether to post this in here or the vent thread, but what a f**king dog's breakfast that was yesterday.

Just a messy, confusing mix of one half dark, half light team playing another half dark, half light team. And both with dark backs and white numbers. I reckon there was at least two occasions in the first qtr where players gave a deliberate quick give to the wrong team.

There's two pages devoted to our game in the clash strip thread on the main board, with all the Pies fans commenting that it was terrible live too.

It's the first time we've ever been mentioned in that thread, other than previously being used as an example of how clash strips should be done properly. One of the few things we've previously done well and now we can't even get that right anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't know whether to post this in here or the vent thread, but what a f**king dog's breakfast that was yesterday.

Just a messy, confusing mix of one half dark, half light team playing another half dark, half light team. And both with dark backs and white numbers. I reckon there was at least two occasions in the first qtr where players gave a deliberate quick give to the wrong team.

There's two pages devoted to our game in the clash strip thread on the main board, with all the Pies fans commenting that it was terrible live too.

It's the first time we've ever been mentioned in that thread, other than previously being used as an example of how clash strips should be done properly. One of the few things we've previously done well and now we can't even get that right anymore.
There was just no need for it at all. Even the other times when we wore it against GWS wasn't needed when we could've just gone full purple with no clash.

I can only imagine it was a desperate ploy hoping Collingwood would pass us the ball by mistake.

I'm genuinely disappointed the club has become a contributor to this amateur mindset so prevalent in the backwards VFL portion of the AFL.

One of the best things we ever did was take a stand and wear our white jumper in the GF after the AFL told us we had to wear white shorts with our purple jumper. Now we seem determined to devalue the white strip that's been a core part of our identity for nearly 20 years.

I can only imagine it was a desperate ploy hoping Collingwood would pass us the ball by mistake.

I'm genuinely disappointed the club has become a contributor to this amateur mindset so prevalent in the backwards VFL portion of the AFL.

One of the best things we ever did was take a stand and wear our white jumper in the GF after the AFL told us we had to wear white shorts with our purple jumper. Now we seem determined to devalue the white strip that's been a core part of our identity for nearly 20 years.
Do you think they don't care or are just incompetent?

Yeah someone needs to bring this up at the next members meeting, it's ridiculous

Our colours are purple and WHITE, the clash strip is good, it's actually one of the best in the AFL, it genuinely prevents all clashes that the purple doesn't

Why did we change our clash strip to have indigenous sides and then start wearing it less? We literally improved the design and then started wearing a terrible purple on white combo in some games instead?

How can the club get something this simple so wrong?

100%

Going through the first page of the thread and we both said how this was dumb idea. And here we are with more proof of how dumb it is.

Was a dog's breakfast yesterday and they should never do it again. Stick with all white, or all purple away versus Sydney and GC.

There were at least 2 idiots involved.

The first idiot was at our club, the one who decided that against a team with a majority black jumper we should wear a majority dark purple jumper. (There were probably multiple idiots at our club involved)

The 2nd idiot was whoever at the AFL approved it. That idiot has been in a job for a long time, I suspect they have photos of most of the AFL Commission doing unspeakable things with animals.

Yeah someone needs to bring this up at the next members meeting, it's ridiculous

Our colours are purple and WHITE, the clash strip is good, it's actually one of the best in the AFL, it genuinely prevents all clashes that the purple doesn't

Why did we change our clash strip to have indigenous sides and then start wearing it less? We literally improved the design and then started wearing a terrible purple on white combo in some games instead?

How can the club get something this simple so wrong?

It is about time we adopt a full time indigenous strip. Why leave it to special themed rounds?

Embrace it. We can still do specific indigenous jumpers for Doug Nicholls rounds but we do the Indigenous stirp so well, lean into it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back